Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: (RTLC) SouthBay TechRocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default (RTLC) SouthBay TechRocks

I just slapped a spin on the name. RTLC...Respect the local crawlers.

I thought I would create a thread for specific spots to crawl and bash at. If you want to make some changes at a specific place. Tech talk about different parts of the area. Stuff like that. Small talk and such. Chime in on what you want.

It would be nice for us bay area guys to have specific trails in certain locations that we can run our rigs on and talk specifics on what mods to make for certain situations

Last edited by inkdaddy66; 01-23-2012 at 10:17 PM.
inkdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdaddy66 View Post
I thought I would create a thread for specific spots to crawl and bash at. If you want to make some changes at a specific place. Tech talk about different parts of the area. Stuff like that. Small talk and such. Chime in on what you want.

It would be nice for us bay area guys to have specific trails in certain locations that we can run our rigs on and talk specifics on what mods to make for certain situations

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Perfect....we could chit it up in here for gtg also....
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Sounds good guy

I noticed yesterday at the mini hammers that it was obvious the need for more tuning on my rig. Its an ok setup for crick crawling, not for strictly 1st gear crawling. Wheel weights,alum chubs with ramrods and another esc with drag for starters. The wheelbase I can live with for now.

A gtg sounds cool Post. The comp rigs will crawl all over mine tho
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Perfect....we could chit it up in here for gtg also....
Sounds good. The more the merrier. I'll definitely be recording some video. What type of rig are you running Mr.Postclanker?

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
RCC Addict

awesome, thanks for starting this thread

anyways about trails.. if you guys mountain bike, get a backpack prepared for both waters, rx, rig and battery! fremont older is such a sweet place to crawl around at especially at the creek.

on other news, post clanker, I don't think I can make the gtg sunday, since I'm out of the state. :(
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Mountain bike? Oh man. I was whining last night when I got home from the hammers. Although there's probably some awesome spots to mash around at.

Yeah...I figured it'd be a good thread for us bay area guys to BS about random crawling/scaling stuff. Meatwad and myself may hit the lower part of alum rock park this weekend. I'll be sure to post pics and video in the crawl spot thread.

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Yup, its a good idea, leaves good threads with good posts, so others don't have to scroll through our chats, just trying to find a spot.

Dang, well when I crawled Genentech yestarday, my wheel totally stripped out too.. so no xr for me in awhile... got a mini through to fool around with lol

any one run a 1.9?
Old 07-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
Yup, its a good idea, leaves good threads with good posts, so others don't have to scroll through our chats, just trying to find a spot.

Dang, well when I crawled Genentech yestarday, my wheel totally stripped out too.. so no xr for me in awhile... got a mini through to fool around with lol

any one run a 1.9?
You stripped the wheel hex?
Nah. Don't run 1.9. All I have is my scx

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Yup, bound my rig so bad.. motors were hot, sounded like a gear failure, but then I looked at the wheel, and it was stripped. lol
Old 07-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Wow...how tight was your slipper? Stuck between a rock and a hard place or a rock and a uhhhh rock?

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I have an xr-10, so it has no slipper. LOL

was in like ditch, and I was hammering down on the throttle. Haha
Old 07-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Ahhh yes the good ol MOA setup. How does that thing perform opposed to a shafty? I've read about em and seen em in pics. But never in person. I like the MOA concept

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
RCC Addict

stock its like night and day... no comparison. hands down a MOA will beat a shaft.

however, if you have a fully modded shafty, it will crawl relatively competative with a stock MOA, however, even a stock MOA can do climbs and sidehills that a modded shaft could only dream of doing.

but then once you get a MOA modded with a few parts.. its just like a walk in the park at most places.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Done any mods? What motors/esc you running?

When I had my creeper, I did so much to it that there really wasn't much it couldn't crawl over. I'd like to get an xr10 and mod it for rock racing. My only problem is the esc that will handle 2 motors.

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
RCC Addict

mods in terms of upgraded parts.

well, venom creeper isn't that upgradable like the ax-10.

um, your better off getting an ax-10 or wraith.. xr is for comp crawling, not for rock racing.

but other than that I'm running Ckrc 45t handwound with novak m2 dig.. planning to get a tekin fxr
Old 07-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I just sold an fxr! That sucks. I had it in the classifieds. Sold for $60 with 27t motor.

I had my creeper modded out with all custom pieces that I machined. I don't buy RC parts. If I can help it that is. Some pieces I just don't feel like making but I'm capable of it. Whatever was needed to be made...I handled it

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap

Last edited by inkdaddy66; 07-18-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just sold an fxr! That sucks. I had it in the classifieds. Sold for $60 with 27t motor.

I had my creeper modded out with all custom pieces that I machined. I don't buy RC parts. If I can help it that is. Some pieces I just don't feel like making but I'm capable of it. Whatever was needed to be made...I handled it

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
I saw that (FS item)...considered it when I blew up mine (FXR) it took out my Bec as well...I'm running an XR Mr. Ink....if you guys are going creek crawling I'd like to meet up with you guys...just need to keep it out of the water...or maybe you'd consider Linda Vista...it's scaler friendly

MrCCrawler...sorry about this weekend...would have been fun, I like Linda Vista...out of state huh...hope it's for fun...
Old 07-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
I saw that (FS item)...considered it when I blew up mine (FXR) it took out my Bec as well...I'm running an XR Mr. Ink....if you guys are going creek crawling I'd like to meet up with you guys...just need to keep it out of the water...or maybe you'd consider Linda Vista...it's scaler friendly

MrCCrawler...sorry about this weekend...would have been fun, I like Linda Vista...out of state huh...hope it's for fun...
We hit the creek on the usual. I stay outta the water as much as I can. Sometimes I like to crawl on the edge! Ha ha. Wheres this Linda vista place you speak of?

GALtab meatclaws-tapatalk
Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #19
RCC Addict

ah its fine post, I too am out of the state. maybe the week after?

oh just Google linda vista, its in cupertino, and sits right next to the deep cliff golf course. best spot there for the scaler and crawlers is the man made water fall. pretty fun to if you've got a brushless on 3s and just just the scalers out of the spot. its like rock racing!!

ah don't sweat it, I may not even end up doing the switch to fxr for another few months just due to money, and what I need to get first, like wheels.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
We hit the creek on the usual. I stay outta the water as much as I can. Sometimes I like to crawl on the edge! Ha ha. Wheres this Linda vista place you speak of?

GALtab meatclaws-tapatalk
It's in Cupertino in a park....I'd say ideal for scalers....here's a link

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...3f6ef&t=h&z=19

Hope that works....if it doesn't it's the second post in the south bay crawler spots...