Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Outside the US > Canada

Notices

Thread: looking for Canadian crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default looking for Canadian crawlers

The title pretty much says it all!!!!
Come on people try and work with me here!!!!!
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Here in toronto.......a tlt 10 almost done.....just waiting for a speed control and a maxx sitting in pieces. If there is enough of us canadians Eh! that can ban together and maybe get things rolling, I'm willing to put up a web site.......but we will see how that will work out.
NoodleSpank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #3

from Toronto too. Txt 1 heavily modded. where in t.o are you from?
Arvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

North York......at Leslie and the 401....you!
Old 11-26-2005, 04:04 PM   #5

yonge and steeles. any good crawl area there?
Arvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:10 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

The best areas that I've come across so far is the parks near Leslie and Eglinton (the upper and lower don). With all the little creeks every where their is lots of rocks, but as far as serious rocks.....I haven't found any of that near me. Playing on the rocks is going to consist of alittle dirt, mud and possibly water.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:58 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

North Western British Columbia... Smithers... Ya I know no one has every heard of it... Great snowboarding, mountain biking, 1:1 wheeling, and lots of great spots for the little uns too
K_Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:44 AM   #8

i'm in pickering yo! gonna get my tlt done up soon, it's been an extremely slow build for me...
VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Hamilton, Ontario

All i got is a nylint. not to many good natural rocks here but i have fun playing in washouts/ditches, although there are some rocks you need to know where to look.
4runner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Cowtown Alberta..................oh ya. Crawlin' by myself for over a year!
bRIBEGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:10 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bull
South west B. C. in Victoria here. 6 or 7 of us here. Soon to be VIRCC Vancouver Island R C Crawlers. PM me if your on the island and want to get together.

Cool, I might be down that way next spring. Would definately love to see how my rig compares. I run a 2.2 TLT. Though by the spring I might have myself a clod as well. What do you guys run?
K_Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:58 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

RED DEER ALBERTA come on people we need some more of us out here
need to go crawl with other people then myself
lockeddiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:52 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

No one from B.C.? daym just the island. Im in Abbotsford, about 45 mins outside of Vancouver.
DarkOne427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

I am Penticton in the South Okanagan, I hear there are a couple of guys in Kelowna but I havn't met them.
LMK if there is anyone else in the area who would like to get togther. I have never actually seen another crawler, except on the internet.
I have a Clod, a TXT and just recently built a TLT. All great fun.
Lots of great spots around here to drive.
BCBoulders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #15

Default Help need some big rock

I live in Newmarket about an hour north of Toronto. When the snow melts me and my brother are going to go looking for some places to go anyone got any ideas.
DanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

i live just north of newmarket. As for locations i have a couple that im gonna actually go and walk through with the vid cam just to post and see if we can get a bunch of guys to meet there. Locations roughly around newmarket so you toronto and surrounding area guys wont have to far a drive, like i said im gonna do walk through vids and we'll try and get something set up, i think you guys gonna like!

id like to set up a day meet once the snow is up off the ground, so once the weather changes for the good we should decide on a date, typically weekend, and plan to meet, all these guys from the states do it, we should be too!
cloddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloddyman

id like to set up a day meet once the snow is up off the ground, so once the weather changes for the good we should decide on a date, typically weekend, and plan to meet, all these guys from the states do it, we should be too!
Sounds good. I'm in Innisfil.Hope I can keep up with the clods

Last edited by srjeeper; 03-14-2007 at 01:33 AM.
srjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

GVRD of BC... We call ourselves T.W.P. meaning team Weather Pending... There's a few of us and we usually go out to Whytecliff Park in West Vancouver as it has some of the best crawling in the area... We would like to find something more central to Surrey/Langley as most of us are in that area... Always open to new ppl comin' out... With Whytecliff being a tourist place, we also get a huge crowd on nice days... The tourists take a lot more pics than we do on our outings...

We try and have our meets on opposite weekends of the drifting club here 'cos some of them are crawlers, too... Our next scheduled meet is the 18th of this month at Whytecliff unless another place is found... We park up by the washrooms and can usually be found at the picnic tables closest to the road charging and/or wrenching... If we're not there, we're out on the rocks somewhere.. Just listen for the hoots and hollers and you'll find us...;)

We also have at least 2 comps this year with the island groups... One on the island and one hosted by us here at Whytecliff.. Dates aren't set yet but there will be those 2 for sure and maybe even more...

PM me if you need more info and want to get involved with us... Or just say hi even... Would like to hear from locals that are new...

Last edited by DaViolentOne; 03-14-2007 at 11:39 AM.
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

alrighty i got my clod rig done, eh dan i told you i would have it doon soon! well its ready and the snow is almist gone, now we just need a couple dry days for this to clear up and we can work on getting to gether for a run or somthing. Im going to start mapping a course at a spot i have located next weeekend with video footage for everyone to see. All who are interested to show up on the day of the meet drop me a email at lowenuftruck@hotmail.com

it will still probably be at least two weeks, maybe three before i get all this set up but please everyone get back to me and ill make sure everyone knows how to get to where this will take place!

oh yeah location will be in Newmarket just to remind, i know i forgot to add it in there!

Last edited by cloddyman; 03-18-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

im keeping this post alive i guess, lol, come on guys lets trya dn set up a spot and time to have a meet, i would drive an hour to meet so lets just make somethign happen soon