Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Outside the US > Canada

Notices

Thread: Hamilton Ont Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hamilton Ont Canada

Im looking for locations in hamilton Ont to take my new crawlers out. I live on the moutntain but can drive to a location thats within the city. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
cguit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default From Dundas

Hey Cguit
I'm in Dundas, got a Losi Mini crawler a few months ago and am sick of crawlin alone. We should head out sometime, I want to see other people's rigs. Websters Falls is supposed to be pretty good, tho I haven't been yet. It's just above Dundas.
Kerncliff Park is an old quarry and I've been there a few times, so far I have found a few good spots to crawl there. It's in Burlington, just below hwy 5, before Brant st. My email is martlovesgarlic@gmail.com, I don't check this site very often so that's the best way to get ahold of me.
Mart
4WDwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I was thinking maybe Milton might have some great places to crawl, on the escarpment. If you guys are getting together let me know and I will come out.
DV8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

You guys should come check out GTA Hobbies in Mississauga (bit of a trek) there is a really big indoor course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFvpaXptZzY
DioptricStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I've been there before to check it out and I must say the place is friggin amazing, but I run more scale stuff and that track is abit too much for my scaler's.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Straw, i've been wanting to go to GTA for a while, now that air conditioning season is upon us I probably won't get there for a bit.

DV8ion, cguit hasn't responded to my invite to go out crawlin. If you want to hit the rocks send me an email at martlovesgarlic@gmail.com. I don't check this site everyday so thats the best way to get ahold of me.
I'm going to Webster's Falls tomorrow morning to check it out for an hour. It's just up from Dundas, not too far from Milton, a quick highway jaunt.
I'll get back to you after I check it out. It's rocks, elevation and easy access. What's not to love?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Hey DV8ion I just saw your earlier post and saw you are in Mississauga. Bit more of a drive than Milton. Tho Milton is sort of half way I don't really know the area too well. Get back to me and we'll try and figure something out.

Any one else want to hit the rocks give me a shout.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

If its a good location I would be willing to drive. I have a buddy thats just getting into crawling as well who may tag along too. I have a new SCX 10 coming next week so I would love to test it out on some real rock/trails.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Maybe Sunday the 14th? I'll have too look into it and see if I am free that day, I should be able to squeeze in a few hours. I almost bought the SCX10 and really want to see it in action. Bring your buddy, the more the merrier. What does he drive? I'll hit up Websters this weekend and check it out. I really like trail driving, tho the MRC isn't very fast. Brushless???
Old 08-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Sounds good, I'll check to make sure my schedule is clear. I probably won't have the SCX ready by then so I will just bring out my CC-01 Wrangler (I have a build thread in the CC-01 section) which has been a great trail rig so far. My buddy hasn't decided on what to buy yet, but will still want to tag along (he loves taking pics and vids). Let me know how it looks.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

So I went this morning and walked the dog quite a bit down the wet trail. Nice spot for crawling, there are lots of rocky spots to set up a course and there is a trail that would be fun to run down and back. I'm good with trail running and attempting some of the tricky spots but if anyone else wants to come they can set up a course as I have never done one.
The access is down metal and rock stairs and the bottom rocks are off camber somewhat, definatley slippery when wet, good shoes or boots nessessary.
You can Googlemaps Websters Falls, it doesn't come up on Mapquest. It gets pretty busy there on a nice Sunday so we should go early. What is a good time for you?
The sign says to pay when you park but the young guys working there have a I didn't see you not pay, so I don't care attitude.
That's great that your friend wants to take pics and vids as my driving and filming sux! Also he'll get to see an MRC as he's trying to figure out what to buy. Took me like 3 months before I settled on the Mini.
So anyone else reading this is welcome to come, Sunday Aug 14, time to be determined. Stay tuned!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Looks like a killer place. I think the earlier the better. I would like to be there maybe around 8:30 - 9ish get some runs in before the hords of people show up. Let me know if that time is good with you. My buddy confirmed he would come shoot some vid and pics as well.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Default Websters Falls

Awesome! 8:30 sounds good. I'll be in the parking lot, either a green GMC pickup or a black Toyota Matrix. Hoping to have my new beadlocks so I can mount up the Rovers and try them out. Supposed to be in Friday. See you then.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Sounds good. I'll be in a Yellow Mazda Protege 5. Hope we can get some other guys out too.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

To see pics of the crawl at Websters Falls check the thread of the same name in this Outside US topic.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Hamilton Ont Canada

have you been to the devils punchbowl? might be able to find a few rocks there. i go out with my buddies on sundays, we crawl in port colborne, theres a nice quarry there that we play in, tons of rocks, more than you can shake a stick at
bouncyroof is offline   Reply With Quote