RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Canada (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/canada/)
-   -   Vancouver Island club ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/canada/432307-vancouver-island-club.html)

xCoolHandLukex 03-02-2013 06:08 PM

Vancouver Island club ?

Near as I can tell there is no formal club on the island. I've been thinking about starting a South Island club. Nothing too formal just start a forum of some kind to post up crawling spots and days guys are going out. Maybe have a meeting every 3 or 4 months and try and put on a couple events a year. If your interested post an email address below or PM me if I can collect enough and it looks like there would be enough guys to make a go of it I'll try and put something together or if someone else wants to take the lead I'll gladly help them out.

Rockridge 03-03-2013 10:19 AM

Re: Vancouver Island club ?

In the proccess of moving back to the island this summer... would be up for helping out with a club of some sort....

welder13 03-03-2013 10:31 AM

Yeah that would be an idea, I'm way up north island and would be into heading south for a competition or event of some kind. There are a lot of good crawling and trailing spots up here, I don't know if there's many people up here into this sort of hobby ???

Rockridge 03-03-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welder13 (Post 4210313)
Yeah that would be an idea, I'm way up north island and would be into heading south for a competition or event of some kind. There are a lot of good crawling and trailing spots up here, I don't know if there's many people up here into this sort of hobby ???

How far north??? I'm working on moving back to the comox valley.... Hopefully sometime this summer.... Fingers crossed

welder13 03-04-2013 05:05 PM

Port McNeill area...

xCoolHandLukex 03-04-2013 05:06 PM

http://www.facebook.com/groups/544582582243261/

I started a facebook page. I know there is a club in Victoria and Port Alberni for scale crawlers but I wanted to make this group for comp style,scale and general bashers. I kmow not everybody can drive that far so I figured I'd start a Cowichan Valley/ Nanaimo one. Feel free to join and post up some pics of your rigs and favourite RC spots.

welder13 03-04-2013 07:41 PM

Yeah I know man...pretty far from everything up here....just curious to see how my wraith bronco would do against some other torque monsters.....

xCoolHandLukex 03-04-2013 08:03 PM

Well if your ever on the South Island drop me a line

Rockridge 03-04-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke972 (Post 4212340)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/544582582243261/

I started a facebook page. I know there is a club in Victoria and Port Alberni for scale crawlers but I wanted to make this group for comp style,scale and general bashers. I kmow not everybody can drive that far so I figured I'd start a Cowichan Valley/ Nanaimo one. Feel free to join and post up some pics of your rigs and favourite RC spots.

Ill have to check it out... It's always good to have people to crawl with. It's starting to look like I may be back on the island sooner than later

chevotafun 03-06-2013 10:42 AM

I have acouple buddies that live in Nanaimo and are always looking for guys to crawling with one has a wraith and the other a scx-10
Couple of us go over there qut often to crawl with them.
So many killer spots on the island

xCoolHandLukex 03-06-2013 10:19 PM

Tell them to join the FB group

dittohead 03-07-2013 08:27 PM

Im up in the comox valley and used to travel to gtg's and comps in Vic all the time. Im not much of a FBer tho. Would be fun to get together with some other folks, usually just me and a buddy go. There are tons of great spots all over the island too

Rockridge 03-07-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dittohead (Post 4218274)
Im up in the comox valley and used to travel to gtg's and comps in Vic all the time. Im not much of a FBer tho. Would be fun to get together with some other folks, usually just me and a buddy go. There are tons of great spots all over the island too

Should be back in the valley here in the next couple of months... We will have to catch up and get out for a trail run or somthing

dittohead 03-08-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockridge (Post 4218470)
Should be back in the valley here in the next couple of months... We will have to catch up and get out for a trail run or somthing

Sounds good

welder13 03-14-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke972 (Post 4212688)
Well if your ever on the South Island drop me a line

Hey ya I would but I had to relocate to Prince George..... couldn't pass up a job offer......"thumbsup"

xCoolHandLukex 04-07-2013 09:26 AM

Trying to do a group trail run April 19th in shawnigan lake

Man of Leisure 04-26-2013 10:03 AM

How did the Shawnigan run go? My wife's parents live out that way, whereabouts over there did you go? I've only been out to the trestle with her fam to check it out.

xCoolHandLukex 05-07-2013 05:28 AM

Not bad. Not as many people as I hoped.

TedBull 05-08-2013 07:30 PM

If you guys ever want to take the Clipper over to the Washington mainland we run comps every month. WARCRC.org

xCoolHandLukex 07-17-2013 09:06 PM

I think I might just do that this fall

MCW24 07-23-2013 04:00 PM

anybody from victoria?

jaymann 05-01-2014 11:13 AM

Yep there are a few of us

Sent using lipo power

MCW24 05-01-2014 11:57 AM

Jaymann are you on the scale sites for facebook locally?

westshore rc or victoria scale?

jaymann 05-07-2014 06:28 PM

Not yet just got my first axial,not a scaler,Ax 10
That I'm making a trail/bush truck out of.

Sent using lipo power

Fatskie 05-13-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymann (Post 4769425)
Not yet just got my first axial,not a scaler,Ax 10
That I'm making a trail/bush truck out of.

Sent using lipo power

yea you are! hahaha

Heyy Jay :p long time no talk! ive seen the videos from you and nostopinLucR, pumped to see you got a scaler size bash truck aswell! :p i've been building up a Twin Hammers! will have to come down a go out with these ones! (oh and my summit is almost put back together :P )

Phil

jaymann 05-14-2014 10:35 AM

Sweet anytime come on down

Sent using lipo power

Salty Rocks 07-14-2014 12:22 PM

Quadra Island checking in! New to the coast, hope I get the opportunity to get friendly with a few fella's. Just joined up the FB page.

Morbid Angel 10-04-2014 06:36 PM

Campbell River area. More of an MOA guy than scale, but hell anyone wanna meet up let me know.

Tossedman 10-04-2014 08:39 PM

Lotsa great rocks over there on the island. Spent some time this summer messing around in Victoria with my crawler. Hope you guys get something going.

static80 10-06-2014 06:25 PM

Victoria guy with an AX10 and an XR10 would be interested if any comps ever happen near by.

Tossedman 10-06-2014 10:17 PM

We spent a bit of time messing around on Gonzales Hill in August as well as by the inner harbour. Wish we had rocks like those in Calgary. Even concrete like this.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd...ml#post4904497 click this link to see a quick video.

MCW24 10-07-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 4912892)
Victoria guy with an AX10 and an XR10 would be interested if any comps ever happen near by.

not many comps happen on the island but we have a bunch of guys that hit mt doug often. if you want i can message you next time we head out. im thinking of taking my kid out on sunday :flipoff:

OSJ 12-07-2014 02:55 PM

Im in Lnagford, Just picked up a Exceed Mad Torque. I live at the base of Mill Hill.

Morbid Angel 04-29-2015 11:28 PM

I am in Nanaimo this week for work. Talked with Matt at NRC, he gave me a few good spots to crawl in the city. So far Ive been to Sugarloaf Mountain, Neck point and Pipers Lagoon (my fav). If anyone is in the area and wants to hit up some rocks in the afternoon send me a PM!

Also WHERE on the island are some good locations? SHARE SHARE SHARE! Victoria, Port Alberni, Duncan, Comox, Coombs, Bowser, Port Hardy, off the inland highway, we should be sharing our fav locations.

I travel around a lot for work here so really always looking for spots but dont always have the time after work to go treasure hunting. The above mentioned spots are prime and all easily found on the Maps app or google maps!

Another area in Nanaimo I havnt been to yet but was referred to is Jack Point park. There is another spot I went to years ago by on the river by "Wild Play"'s bungee jump, never did crawling there but I remember the rock was smooth, one piece, crazy grooves and pockets and should be good to go if I can only find it again.

Also Hornby island has go some sick rock out on a spit between a large beach and the nude beach. Tribune Bay and little Tribune Bay, so take Shield road.

Morbid Angel 05-10-2015 02:08 PM

Facebook: Vancouver Island RC Crawlers

Made a Facebook group for all Islanders to post up there fav spots. Look it up here!
"thumbsup"

hemi.reaper350 05-02-2016 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welder13 (Post 4210313)

I'm in the North Island. Port Hardy has some good crawl spots

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

xCoolHandLukex 11-25-2016 04:53 PM

Going to do a friendly Comp crawl on my basement course afternoon/evening of Dec 18 in Shawnigan Lake. Message me if
your interested in attending. Shafties and MOAs is what the course is made for but scale rigs welcome if you want to give it a shot.

Solitaire 11-28-2016 02:34 PM

You're welcome to come over to the mainland anytime from Mar to Oct for any of our (LMRCC) comps. Shafty and Pro. Just get in touch with the fella that liked your last post. He's the pres for the comp crawlers.

Also do Scale (Class 1,2 and 3) on alternate weekends if anyone is interested. That's handled by a different fella, but can put you in touch.

xCoolHandLukex 11-29-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitaire (Post 5595971)
You're welcome to come over to the mainland anytime from Mar to Oct for any of our (LMRCC) comps. Shafty and Pro. Just get in touch with the fella that liked your last post. He's the pres for the comp crawlers.

Also do Scale (Class 1,2 and 3) on alternate weekends if anyone is interested. That's handled by a different fella, but can put you in touch.

Maybe next spring I'll try and make it over. Hoping to try and get some more comp stuff going here on the island again. Seems like everyone's gone scale these days.

Honeyman108 08-24-2020 09:31 AM

Dude go ahead and start the club I’m moving to Vancouver Island within the next year and I will join the club I am obsessed with crawling and modifying crawlers and would love to have some crawling adventures on the island keep me posted send me your info if you wanna stay in touch I’m in Nashville Tennessee my wife is originally from Vancouver Island we’re moving there sometime in the next year early✌🏼🐝