RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Canada (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/canada/)
-   -   Good websites for scale/crawler parts in Canada? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/canada/508913-good-websites-scale-crawler-parts-canada.html)

FabricatorChris 09-17-2014 01:57 PM

Good websites for scale/crawler parts in Canada?

I'm sick of paying duty every time I order a part from the states. Last time I ended up paying almost 65% of the cost of my parts just in duty and service fees! Is there any good websites you people have found in Canada that are similar to rc4wd for example? Thanks!

FabricatorChris 09-19-2014 06:18 AM

Re: Good websites for scale/crawler parts in Canada?

Anyone?

Dualdigger 09-25-2014 08:33 PM

Not really, you could ask your LHS to Oder the parts in but it would still be pricey. Great hobbies and hobbyhobby both carry rc4wd parts and could easily get you rc4wd parts. But tbh I just put like 2-3 big orders into RPP every year and save on the small items. Shipping sucks in Canada, b/w great hobbies they ship for free over 100$.

Billy D 09-27-2014 04:46 PM

There is nothing out this way either. It sucks, I order from RPP as well and just bend over. What else do you do as there are no other options. And you are right as it is the small items that kill you when you only need a few things.

Solitaire 10-02-2014 10:48 AM

I primarily use AMain Hobbies in California. I realize they aren't Canadian, but they have exceptional shipping rates and if you keep your order close to $100 the border guys usually ignore it.

Alexander_0_1 10-08-2014 10:45 PM

Apart from the shipping that I choose at checkout, I've only ever had to pay GST on my end, and even that is a rarity. I think I once paid shipping and duties on an order from rc-monster, and it couldn't ve been more than $25 Canadian on a $600 invoice.

Savagethrash 11-15-2014 10:57 PM

Fedex always hits me with a "duties paperwork" invoice. I wouldn't ship with them because they seem to charge GST on everything that comes across so they can get their 10 bucks. You can save the 10 bucks if you pick it up at the warehouse but you have to call ahead.

I'd just ship USPS and hope you slip through.

tony tt 11-15-2014 11:43 PM

USPS is your best bet. Screw Fedex. They keep sending me a bill for $14 dollars for duty and brokerage on a package I got a while back worth $70. I called them and told them Canada Customs don't charge on anything under $150 and they said Can Customs are different from them. WTF? But to answer your other question, no, there is nobody really in Canada that supplies crawler parts.

Alexander_0_1 11-16-2014 12:42 PM

I get a few vanquish parts from eliminator-rc, but they didn't have the newest stuff the last time I was looking at their website, over a month ago.

PMhobbycraft was another good place, if they don't have it they'll order it, and I thought I read free shipping somewhere, but I can't be sure.

willeh_ca 11-17-2014 07:32 PM

Hobby hobby had been good to me. For any cross border shipping I only use USPS. I won't even look at an ebay ad if it uses anyone else. On the ebay note...watch out for any listing that lists import charges as pre calculated, those sales are shipped via a logistics broker and are over priced and potentially a huge headache for you and the seller.

TakeOffYouHoser 01-18-2015 09:33 AM

Amazing RC Store in Mississauga, Ontario. They are a Redcat Racing dealer and lean towards the drifting side of the RC world, but they have been getting more and more scale stuff lately.

Amazing RC store - Remote Control Cars in Mississauga Canada

GodSpeed999 02-26-2015 01:43 PM

I've used RPP, Stormer, Holmes, HobbyKing, and a handful of other U.S. and even Hong Kong based vendors, but I like you use a few LHS's when I can, not only to support them but to also avoid shipping and brokerage fees. I can't stand spending 50%+ (sometimes 100%) of the parts cost on shipping.

Having said that, lately if been looking on Amazon.ca a lot. Prices are competitive if not unbeatable and shipping is often free.....not to mention it comes to ME. :mrgreen:

So to make a long story short, try Amazon.ca "thumbsup"

canadianbacon 02-27-2015 09:13 AM

I use AMain a lot, as well as a few vendors on eBay.

street.terror 03-20-2015 09:07 AM

Good websites for scale/crawler parts in Canada?

Just a heads up. I was going to order the Dinky honcho interior kit through dinkyRC but shipping was $29.25USD. ordered the same thing from RCMart, shipping is $8.92CDN!!!! It has to come from Hong Kong but who cares hahaha

Alexander_0_1 03-21-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by street.terror (Post 5179973)
Just a heads up. I was going to order the Dinky honcho interior kit through dinkyRC but shipping was $29.25USD. ordered the same thing from RCMart, shipping is $8.92CDN!!!! It has to come from Hong Kong but who cares hahaha

Or you could order dinky stuff through GCM racing, since they have a dinkyrc store on their website hahaha.....ah, maniacal laugh.......

street.terror 03-21-2015 01:36 PM

Dangit! I just did a GCM order as well. But it's okay. They don't have any of the honcho interiors haha

Alexander_0_1 03-21-2015 01:42 PM

I keep checking in on GCM, theyre going g to release a T-case I just gotta have....

street.terror 03-21-2015 03:03 PM

That new one for the rc4wd trans? That's a pretty sweet unit. I just got the scx split skid setup. Love it!

Lyle11jk 03-29-2015 01:17 PM

check out greathobbies.com they're really good to deal with."thumbsup"

Fookison 08-03-2015 08:12 PM

Yes, Great Hobbies has been awesome to deal with!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk