Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: Titanium Steering and Suspension Links for SCX10 Honcho and Rubicon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Titanium Steering and Suspension Links for SCX10 Honcho and Rubicon

BMRC 6Al-4V Titanuim Suspension and Steering Linkage

Our Ti steering linkage is available for stock and high steer style knuckles. Steering links come with Revo rod ends.

Rear suspension links replace stock. The front link kit is a 4-link conversion and comes with a new servo mounting plate made from 6061 aluminum and features the upper link mounts.

More info and pictures here
Blue Monkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Titanium Steering and Suspension Links for SCX10 Honcho and Rubicon

Ti Steering:

Old 12-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Hey Matt(think) I just installed the Blue Monkey Wraith steering and upper n lower ti links. Very good . In the new year I'll grab some of these Ti links for my scaler .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Is there a package deal?
CRAIGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGB View Post
Is there a package deal?

sure. i'll take 15% off the entire order for anyone who orders a complete set of front and rear suspension links and steering links before Jan 1. discount will be given as a refund via paypal.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #6

Looks great. How do these wear as compared to the axial aluminum links?
Mitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitter View Post
Looks great. How do these wear as compared to the axial aluminum links?

Titanium will take a lot more abuse than aluminum. I have never heard of anyone breaking a titanuim link... ever.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
ahhh S^*T

these are nice. future order for sure!
AxialJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Monkey RC View Post
Ti Steering:

Very nice, I like the whole deal, bent lower links are especially nice and looks like they don't hit the uppers during suspension cycle! What about link clearance with stock shock bumpstops removed? That steering servo plate is sweet too!

Looks like 4mm titanium correct?

Last edited by Natedog; 01-16-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

What do you get to all the links and all the steering with stock knuckles on scx10 rubicon?
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Very nice, I like the whole deal, bent lower links are especially nice and looks like they don't hit the uppers during suspension cycle! What about link clearance with stock shock bumpstops removed? That steering servo plate is sweet too!

Looks like 4mm titanium correct?

many thanks! we design everything to work with a stock setup so i'm not sure if there will be interference with various configurations. most custom builders can defeat any issue by using simple spacers, bending the links out of the way of your custom wigits and thneeds, etc.

we learned long ago its impossible to make bolt-on products work with every custom build so we make it work with stock and the rest is up to you.

HTH.

we use 3/16" 6Al-4V (grade 5) certified Ti round stock which is closer to 4.75mm.

the servo plate was designed after researching what people DON'T like about the ones currently on the market. we got a lot of really good feedback before we put pencil to paper.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskancrawler View Post
What do you get to all the links and all the steering with stock knuckles on scx10 rubicon?

we have 2 different lengths on the steering links. one fits stock plastic AND axial aluminum mid-steer knuckles. the other length fits axial aluminum high steer knuckles and most other aftermarket knuckles.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
many thanks! we design everything to work with a stock setup so i'm not sure if there will be interference with various configurations. most custom builders can defeat any issue by using simple spacers, bending the links out of the way of your custom wigits and thneeds, etc.

we learned long ago its impossible to make bolt-on products work with every custom build so we make it work with stock and the rest is up to you.

HTH.

we use 3/16" 6Al-4V (grade 5) certified Ti round stock which is closer to 4.75mm.

the servo plate was designed after researching what people DON'T like about the ones currently on the market. we got a lot of really good feedback before we put pencil to paper.
Thank you and sounds good. Any pics of Axial aluminum mid(low) steer knuckles and c-hubs with your setup installed at full steering lock left and right. Pic from the bottom for checking clearance to axle housing etc?

Last edited by Natedog; 01-16-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thank you and sounds good. Any pics of Axial aluminum mid(low) steer knuckles and c-hubs with your setup installed at full steering lock left and right. Pic from the bottom for checking clearance to axle housing etc?

i will check. we did all of our testing/picture taking approx. 1 year ago with the delrin steering linkage. the Ti links are exact copies but with more clearance because the material does not have to be so...... fat.

are you are curious if the long link hits the axle housing at full lock?????? the answer is no, absolutely not. we test all of our products and i would rather stick a fork in my eye than sell someone a piece of shit .
Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i will check. we did all of our testing/picture taking approx. 1 year ago with the delrin steering linkage. the Ti links are exact copies but with more clearance because the material does not have to be so...... fat.

are you are curious if the long link hits the axle housing at full lock?????? the answer is no, absolutely not. we test all of our products and i would rather stick a fork in my eye than sell someone a piece of shit .
That's what I was looking for, but with the Axial aluminum c-hubs and low steer knuckles you get more steering than teh stock plastic peices.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's what I was looking for, but with the Axial aluminum c-hubs and low steer knuckles you get more steering than teh stock plastic peices.
gotcha. i have the alum chubs on my scx10 i'll snap a pic.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:

OK... this isn't exactly perfect but i hope it answers your question. i don't have low steer knuckles anymore,... these are the high steer; however in this picture the steering link is mounted under of the arms so it should be in about the same place.

as you can see from the picture at full lock there is about 5/16" gap. you could turn the wheels a lot more and still have plenty of clearance.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
OK... this isn't exactly perfect but i hope it answers your question. i don't have low steer knuckles anymore,... these are the high steer; however in this picture the steering link is mounted under of the arms so it should be in about the same place.

as you can see from the picture at full lock there is about 5/16" gap. you could turn the wheels a lot more and still have plenty of clearance.
Sweet thanks!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have Axial aluminum c-chubs, regular (low) steer knuckles and thier high steer knuckles...I might go with your high steer set, but I'm running servo on axle and want the most suspension travel possible. I didn't like my only solution to linkage routing that I found:

Steering pics, didn't measure any steering angles but it is very nice. Truck now turns full circles in about 3 feet diameter. Only bummer is that my draglink is now in front of the servo horn (prolly why I bent the servo horn today) and I have lost some front suspension up travel because the buttonhead screw holding the draglink onto the horn hits the front crossmember during compression. Not sure what to do about that but it crawls great.

What does your linkage setup look like with Axial high steer knuckles?

EDIT: I'm thinking that your tie-rod goes under the knuckle arms (as you stated above ;) ) and that the draglink goes on top of steering knuckle arm (something I couldn't do with my stock Axial links, because tie-rod would hit the front of axle housing before full steering was achieved.)

Last edited by Natedog; 01-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:

What does your linkage setup look like with Axial high steer knuckles?

EDIT: I'm thinking that your tie-rod goes under the knuckle arms (as you stated above ;) ) and that the draglink goes on top of steering knuckle arm (something I couldn't do with my stock Axial links, because tie-rod would hit the front of axle housing before full steering was achieved.)

i have seen customers do all kinds of things. mine is mounted below the knuckle and the draglink is on top. the 3/16" Ti links give you slightly more clearance so you might have more options than the 1/4" aluminum ones that it looks like you are using.

Titanium Steering and Suspension Links for SCX10 Honcho and Rubicon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steering/Suspension Aluminum, Titanium, Delrin links. Custom made Erik D_lux Chassis and Suspension 72 07-31-2020 05:28 PM
Secret Agent Titanium Suspension Links for XR10 Chaotic Crawlers Chassis and Suspension 23 12-15-2013 09:55 PM
SCX10 Delrin Suspension and Steering Links Blue Monkey RC Chassis and Suspension 6 12-12-2012 12:15 PM
Chaotic Wraith Titanium Suspension and Steering Links Chaotic Crawlers Chassis and Suspension 9 09-01-2012 06:15 PM
XR10 Titanium Suspension Links Chaotic Crawlers Chassis and Suspension 6 06-27-2011 12:11 PM