Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: JC Auto Design - SCX10 Rear Upper Link Risers - Improved geometry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: JC Auto Design - SCX10 Rear Upper Link Risers - Improved geometry

when you refer to "moved out 3mm" is that rocked back toward the rear wheels? seems like that would fix all issues.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Tried a design for the outside of the chassis, but it wouldn't work with any sliders, so back to the inside of the chassis. Inset the mount a little to clear the driveshaft:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
when you refer to "moved out 3mm" is that rocked back toward the rear wheels? seems like that would fix all issues.
See my pics from previous posts...
In order to keep existing link length, it is 3mm outward, but there well be some rearward extended mounts out for testing as well.

The first v2 mounts (as shown above) will be arriving today and tomorrow, so hopefully we'll see some pics and info on fitment by the end of the weekend.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Next time you release something I would suggest BETA testing it, send it out to a few builders to get their feedback (people would be excited to do this). You got a cool concept there though.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
Next time you release something I would suggest BETA testing it, send it out to a few builders to get their feedback (people would be excited to do this). You got a cool concept there though.
Pretty sure he tested - doesn't mean you'll always find all the bugs or issues with all the different combos that are available.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Pretty sure he tested - doesn't mean you'll always find all the bugs or issues with all the different combos that are available.
Yeah, the version that I posted on the first page is version 7 really, and was tested on my IFS SCX and my TJ mutt build. Both vehicles are fairly far from stock, so I didn't see the clearance issue on either build. I will do beta testing for future products with other vehicles, just didn't happen that way on this one. My truss was tested on a stock JK kit, and was sold off to another guy that has had no problems with them, even still, there has been a revision to that truss that didn't come up until it was brought up by a customer.
As doublej said I could have sent it out to drivers with a specific set-up, but maybe it won't work with "x" or "y". It is a valuable way to get a good majority of the bugs worked out, and will be something I will be looking into very soon. I've got some more products in the pipeline, so I will be looking for testers soon. (Don't PM me yet on this though, there will be a specific thread for that soon...)
Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #86
RCC Addict

Just wanted to say Thank You for standing behind your products. It's "stand up" to just send out all new products to all who bought them.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #87
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Just wanted to say Thank You for standing behind your products. It's "stand up" to just send out all new products to all who bought them.
I agree, Thanks.
I received my v2 set today, I am sorry to say it is still a no go with the MIP,s. There is just not enough room with those fat a** drive lines.
fj40jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Version one Ar60's stock wraith links tranny flipped and mirrored stock wild boar shafts no room

Version two much better the bent upper links get into the rear chassis brace bad I've got Vanquish links on the way hope they help if not I'll have to make straight ones

Sent from my phone because my computer sucks
mikro383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj40jay View Post
I agree, Thanks.
I received my v2 set today, I am sorry to say it is still a no go with the MIP,s. There is just not enough room with those fat a** drive lines.
Damn fat shafts... there are some beta testers who will be receiving some that may work with MIPs, so stay tuned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikro383 View Post
Version one Ar60's stock wraith links tranny flipped and mirrored stock wild boar shafts no room

Version two much better the bent upper links get into the rear chassis brace bad I've got Vanquish links on the way hope they help if not I'll have to make straight ones

Thanks for the pics! It looks like those will work with the Stock driveshafts. As far as the links hitting the chassis brace, that may be an issue with the new geometry. If that is the case, I already have a prototype for a new rear brace, but will need to do some testing on it to make sure it will work.

Also, the intention is that the screw is mounted the other way, with the head of the screw on the inside, rather than the way mikro383 posted.

For now, for those using the fat MIP shafts, please wait for the testing on the other mounts.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikro383 View Post

On the first pic (version1) it looks like you can gain a lot more clearance if you just use a button head screw from the inside and put a lock nut on the outside...Just a suggestion.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
On the first pic (version1) it looks like you can gain a lot more clearance if you just use a button head screw from the inside and put a lock nut on the outside...Just a suggestion.
Yes, I agree:

Quote:
Also, the intention is that the screw is mounted the other way, with the head of the screw on the inside, rather than the way mikro383 posted.
So it would look like this:

Quote:
Old 12-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Has anyone tried to mount the wraith upper links to the outside of the link mount?
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #93
RCC Addict

Heres a tip guys...the version 2s are the bomb design wise...Other than just the anti squat performance as version 1; can anyone tell me what else the brackets change for the better with version 2? (other than proper drive shaft clearance.)

Lets see who all is tuned into what they are buying.

The first one to get it right other than the designer should get all "likes" on the answer.

This product will definitely be mentioned on my Thread and be used on my vehicles.

Nice work.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 12-14-2013 at 08:18 AM.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

got my tracking number for the V2s that you were nice enough to send me but my only problem is that it doesnt work at all.
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
got my tracking number for the V2s that you were nice enough to send me but my only problem is that it doesnt work at all.

No worries on that I got the same tracking issue. Sometimes the post office takes it's time to update, but most likely by Monday or Tuesday the tracking will probably be updated and the package will be in your mail box sooner than you think.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
No worries on that I got the same tracking issue. Sometimes the post office takes it's time to update, but most likely by Monday or Tuesday the tracking will probably be updated and the package will be in your mail box sooner than you think.
Exactly. Especially around this time of year, usps is a little slow on tracking. All orders are out except for the international orders since I need to drop those off in person. Those well be out Monday.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Exactly. Especially around this time of year, usps is a little slow on tracking. All orders are out except for the international orders since I need to drop those off in person. Those well be out Monday.
ok thanks for the update and reassurance!
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

I'm not sure what version I got, but it kicked my pinion angle up a little, which normally would be ok I suppose but I had my links built to hide the driveshaft up above the links. So the little extra rotation the blocks gave made it so the driveshaft was binding before full bump.

Then, when I was taking the first link off to shorten it, I snapped the block. I'm not really sure how I did it, I wasn't being forceful so for anyone else who is working with these be careful.

Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramination View Post
I'm not sure what version I got, but it kicked my pinion angle up a little, which normally would be ok I suppose but I had my links built to hide the driveshaft up above the links. So the little extra rotation the blocks gave made it so the driveshaft was binding before full bump.

Then, when I was taking the first link off to shorten it, I snapped the block. I'm not really sure how I did it, I wasn't being forceful so for anyone else who is working with these be careful.
That is a very strange break. It is against the grain of the print and doesn't seem to be along the chassis line... Very weird. You've got a PM...

These are ABS plastic, so you don't need to really torque down the screws, and once they are installed, they should hold up to most abuse that these things see.

Anyone else break one as well?

Also, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, this will rotate your pinion to a better angle if you have stock geometry. If you are running other links, you will need to adjust them to keep your pinion angle in a good zone.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

I ordered two sets a while back. Today I got 4 sets (2 v1 sets and 2 v2 sets). I haven't tried them out yet, but I wanted to thank you for the free upgrade.
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote

JC Auto Design - SCX10 Rear Upper Link Risers - Improved geometry - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JC Auto Design - SCX10/AX10 Axle Truss, Panhard and CMS options monkeyracer Axles, Trannys, T-case 159 08-20-2014 11:54 PM
Trailfinder linked geometry vs SCX10 geometry arnesto RC4WD Trail Finder 2 0 05-04-2013 10:17 PM
upper link geometry.. pitcher2103 General Crawlers 3 05-05-2012 01:07 PM
Upper Link Geometry Question mann0mann General Crawlers 28 02-12-2010 02:35 PM
Lipo Rear Upper Link??? BMFOTP Electronics 5 05-19-2009 11:00 AM