Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: ~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis! The next evolution of SCX10 Performance Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis! The next evolution of SCX10 Performance Chassis

Thanks for the tip
the kil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #42
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: ~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis! The next evolution of SCX10 Performance Chassis

All new Version 2 is here!
We've lowered the skid plate, and added shock mount brace holes, along with a few other small tweaks

Also now have a build/assembly thread!
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...s-upgrade.html
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

I'm really digging this chassis. Just one question, you do custom orders? I really love the idea of the 1/2 inch rise in arches but I would love to utilize that feature and be able to compress the axle all the way to the frame. I am currently having a buddy 3D print some longer shock towers for my factory frame so I can get the whole rig sitting lower. I swapped to bigbore shocks and the bodies are much longer than the stockers, here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Look at the amount of space is there before the axle touches the frame.

So I would like to have either rows to mount the shock in different spots vertically or taller shock towers
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802coma View Post
I'm really digging this chassis. Just one question, you do custom orders? I really love the idea of the 1/2 inch rise in arches but I would love to utilize that feature and be able to compress the axle all the way to the frame. I am currently having a buddy 3D print some longer shock towers for my factory frame so I can get the whole rig sitting lower. I swapped to bigbore shocks and the bodies are much longer than the stockers, here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Look at the amount of space is there before the axle touches the frame.

So I would like to have either rows to mount the shock in different spots vertically or taller shock towers

Just bolt a riser to his shock mounts to raise the mounting point higher..... Would be no need on stock hoops to remake..... Just use a riser plate.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Just bolt a riser to his shock mounts to raise the mounting point higher..... Would be no need on stock hoops to remake..... Just use a riser plate.

I'm running a riser now and it throws the shock almost straight instead of having a slight camber to it. Sorry I'm particular lol
Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #46
~THE SCALE SHOP~

PM me I can to a custom version for your big bore setup.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

PM Sent!!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Can that chassis work with the titanium Vp links ? I have one and looks like it won't, especially if you use a CMS and a panhard bar with a 3- link mount... Any input on this if someone has tried before...
CrawlrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #49
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Price Drop!
I was able to purchase a larger batch of these and got a quatity discount. So im passing that onto the customer! $10 price drop!

In stock and ready to ship!
Chassis -
Old 09-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #50
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlrKing View Post
Can that chassis work with the titanium Vp links ?
yes you sure can
Old 09-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Price drop? You got me!

Order placed for a chassis and smooth skid!

Thanks so much! Can't wait to get it in so i can take my steering servo and servo winch off spacers for my panhard to clear
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yes you sure can

Seems the upper link is too long and giving me a bad clocking of the front axle...
CrawlrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #53
~THE SCALE SHOP~

you can put the upper link in the stock hole, or run shorter uppers/rod ends if you want to take advantage of the SCXHR upper link riser geometry.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Price Drop!
I was able to purchase a larger batch of these and got a quatity discount. So im passing that onto the customer! $10 price drop!

In stock and ready to ship!
Chassis -
Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlrKing View Post
Seems the upper link is too long and giving me a bad clocking of the front axle...
Make, buy shorter links, or change the link mount hole.

Quote:
you can put the upper link in the stock hole, or run shorter uppers/rod ends if you want to take advantage of the SCXHR upper link riser geometry.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Ordered the combo. Looking forward to it!
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #56
RCC Addict

chassis and skid came in yesterday. Hoping to get some sliders brazed on and painted tonight and everything swapped over in time for a trail run Sunday morning
Old 09-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post

Is that the blue monkey cms plate? Does the servo stick up above the shock mounts on this chassis? I ask because I need to order a cms kit for this chassis. The blue monkey kit is at the top of my list but I'm worried about fitment on my rig. Do you have more pictures of this build?
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Just ordered mine! Had to take advantage of the price drop!!!!!!
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:52 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Installed the new rails but had to open up a few holes. Not sure if it's the rails or the rc4wd cms kit, but holes didn't line up. But works great! Now to figure here to mount everything and lower the bumpers.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvrc View Post
Is that the blue monkey cms plate? Does the servo stick up above the shock mounts on this chassis? I ask because I need to order a cms kit for this chassis. The blue monkey kit is at the top of my list but I'm worried about fitment on my rig. Do you have more pictures of this build?

It is the blue monkey cms. Here's a pic of how much my servo is above the shock hoops. If I were to do it again I would just get the cms plate and make everything else. I didn't like the mounts and all the links but the tie rod were the wrong size. This build has changed since that pic and now has the xr mod but it's a super slow build, no other pics sorry.

ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

~TSS~ SCXHR Chassis! The next evolution of SCX10 Performance Chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next EVOLUTION chassis. KRAKKER JAK Krakker RC4WD Bully 22 05-01-2010 08:35 PM
CPE Evolution Chassis tnisi Newbie General 4 10-29-2008 07:01 PM
crawford evolution chassis the kid Tamiya Clod Buster 8 02-16-2007 10:59 PM