RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chassis and Suspension (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chassis-suspension/)
-   -   JC Auto Design - New SCX10 CMS (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chassis-suspension/498487-jc-auto-design-new-scx10-cms.html)

monkeyracer 06-14-2014 05:35 PM

JC Auto Design - New SCX10 CMS

I'm proud to announce the revision to my simple CMS mount:

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1c00246c.jpg

This is a simple mount to relocate the steering servo to the chassis, also known as a CMS (Chassis Mounted Servo).
  • Weighs only 4 grams
  • Compatible with current and previous versions of Axial SCX10 vehicles
  • Easy Installation
  • Fits standard size servo
  • Allows use of a chassis mounted motor mount, such as the one shown in the image below
  • Made from black Delrin and ABS
    *Note - you may need to trim the back side of your bumper mounts for this to fit.

Here are a couple pics of the prototype versions being tested for clearance and fitment:

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/...psd479d495.jpg

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2a05b663.jpg

These are available on my website:

SCX10 Simple CMS V2 - $15

And very soon they will be available through supershafty.com as well!

I intend for this to be an "In Stock" item, rather than a "Print on Demand" item. This means I will print a batch to have on hand and you won't normally have to wait for your order. Shipping is included in the price for US addresses. International shipping is available, but please send me a message to receive a shipping quote.

Feel free to ask any questions about this product, or leave any comments below. If you purchase one, please post a picture of it installed in your rig.

monkeyracer 06-14-2014 05:37 PM

Re: JC Auto Design - New SCX10 CMS

Combos with my other products are also available:

<hr>

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/...ps618fe54c.jpg

CMS + Panhard Truss + Panhard Link Mount - $35

<hr>

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3070ea06.jpg

CMS + Panhard Link Mount - $20

<hr>

The above combos come in Black by default (Black Delrin, Black ABS and Dyed Black Nylon 645).

fr8cture 06-15-2014 02:11 PM

Thanks for making this since rc4wd seems to have a huge issue making them. "thumbsup"

Meatwad 06-15-2014 02:28 PM

Will a panhard mount be offered too?

fr8cture 06-15-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatwad (Post 4806592)

He already offers one if im correct. Check his site.

monkeyracer 06-15-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4806579)
Thanks for making this since rc4wd seems to have a huge issue making them. "thumbsup"

"thumbsup"

The difference with these is that I can print them on demand, but I intend to keep a decent amount in stock. Supershafty.com has their first batch coming and they will probably be up on their site very soon as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatwad (Post 4806592)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4806611)
He already offers one if im correct. Check his site.

Yup, right here:

Panhard Link Chassis Mount - JC Auto Design

I may make a combo package with the two products, but I'll have to figure out the price.

greenjk 06-15-2014 11:20 PM

I would be interested in the combo deal, please give me a price for 2 sets shipped to Australia."thumbsup"

monkeyracer 06-16-2014 07:36 AM

Updated the second post with the combo packages you can get for this. If you purchase the Panhard Truss and this mount, you essentially get the panhard link mount for free.
Note that the combos only come in black right now. For me to keep them in stock, I will be printing and dyeing the nylon parts in batches.

@greenjk - you will have a PM in the next few mins.

monkeyracer 06-22-2014 07:14 PM

Update:

I am getting the production run in the next few days hopefully, and will try to get some good pictures up to show how these work and how easy it is to install. Note that these are going to be made from Delrin and ABS and only available in black.

Also, I am working on offering a full conversion kit with everything you need including new links to convert from the stock 3 or 4-link to the CMS. This will be a true "bolt-on" option for those looking for easy installation.

monkeyracer 07-10-2014 08:08 PM

I finally got the Delrin pieces in, and started getting these together. Here's a pic of what is included with the CMS V2 Kit as well as the new packaging:

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/...psb788f0d3.jpg

From top to bottom, left to right:
Delrin CMS Plate
ABS Chassis Spacer
M3 x 12mm Flat Head Screw
M3 Locknuts (2)
M3 x 14mm Flat Head Screw

I'll post install pictures soon, although it is very simple.

I have these in stock and ready to ship. Supershafty.com will also have inventory on hand early next week.

Combo kits (with trusses or panhard mounts) will be a few days behind.

Also coming soon is a complete bolt-on set-up including new links.

fr8cture 10-09-2014 11:45 PM

Is the panhard mount still nylon or delrin?

monkeyracer 10-10-2014 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4916075)
Is the panhard mount still nylon or delrin?

Nylon. I just tested some samples at the school's tensile stress machine, and once I get my grade for the assignment I can release the results. The nylon did very well though.

fr8cture 10-10-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyracer (Post 4916083)
Nylon. I just tested some samples at the school's tensile stress machine, and once I get my grade for the assignment I can release the results. The nylon did very well though.

Okay, was just wondering since I would think delrin would give a better look. I'm probably gonna pick one up.

mtnbker 10-16-2014 08:12 AM

Any idea what length links im gonna need for this?? Great kit and even better price. Im gonna order one today.

monkeyracer 10-16-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbker (Post 4921103)
Any idea what length links im gonna need for this?? Great kit and even better price. Im gonna order one today.

Link lengths vary depending on the other parts you plan to use: knuckles, truss, panhard mount, etc.
If you use my Panhard Truss, Panhard mount and this CMS, with stock SCX10 knuckles, you will use a 90mm steering link, and 90mm panhard link (eye-eye, designed like this to keep these links parallel and even length).
But, if you are using burly tubes with XR/Wraith knuckles, and my BXT truss, you will use longer links.

I have been considering offering a kit that would include links, but would be designed for specific set-ups, I'll post more on that soon.

Bogncrawl 10-16-2014 09:09 AM

Very cool set up!

mtnbker 10-16-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyracer (Post 4921128)
Link lengths vary depending on the other parts you plan to use: knuckles, truss, panhard mount, etc.
If you use my Panhard Truss, Panhard mount and this CMS, with stock SCX10 knuckles, you will use a 90mm steering link, and 90mm panhard link (eye-eye, designed like this to keep these links parallel and even length).
But, if you are using burly tubes with XR/Wraith knuckles, and my BXT truss, you will use longer links.

I have been considering offering a kit that would include links, but would be designed for specific set-ups, I'll post more on that soon.

Ok cool thanks for the info. Gonna order a kit ASAP.

mtnbker 12-01-2014 02:41 PM

Not gonna lie not really impressed with this kit. It flexes way too much for my liking. The Panard mount that comes off the passenger side of the axle hits the frame causing less upward travel. Just not a fan of it at all. Gonna get the RC4WD kit instead.

monkeyracer 12-01-2014 02:50 PM

Almost every panhard set up is going to reduce travel since you now have the panhard link to fit between the axle and chassis.
Can you post a pic of your set up so that it might help me improve the product?

I have some updates planned to help improve these, so keep an eye out soon for that.

captainmorgan 03-21-2015 06:01 PM

"CMS + Panhard Truss + Panhard Link Mount"

Ordered this and a 4 link truss for the rear today. I like the low profile. I hope it's strong enough and doesn't flex under stress. I didn't notice that you had some updates and improvements planned for these before I ordered. Did you complete these improvements yet?