RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chassis and Suspension (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chassis-suspension/)
-   -   Yeti Parts (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chassis-suspension/499559-yeti-parts.html)

Blue Monkey RC 06-23-2014 01:11 PM

Yeti Parts

We are getting very excited about the new Axial Yeti. Some of our EXO and Wraith parts will already work for the new rig.

Please feel free to make suggestions if you don't see something you might like:

• Front spool for MIP or Traxxas CVD upgrade - 5mm long - in stock. 6mm (long and stubby) and 5mm stubby - available 8/5
  • Complete front axle spool kit with MIP CVDs already modified to fit for a complete turn-key install - available 8/15
  • Billet aluminum trailing arms - currently in production, available 8/15 (the dimensions are very close to our +1" twin hammers trailing arms which are available now. please email me about this before ordering)
  • Titanium upper suspension links - available now
  • Billet aluminum front control arms for BIG shocks, MIP shafts +5m ground clearance and scale appearance - pics/preorder 7/29 - available 8/15
  • Rear Axle Weights - available now
  • Windshield - 8/31
  • HD Hinge Kit - 8/31
  • GCM MetalHead rear axles - in stock 8/15
  • Front Turnbuckle Kits - 8/15
  • K3 and Servo Winch Mount - 8/31

Aftermarket Yeti parts are not a myth... Sasquach parts available here.

frdtrkguy 06-23-2014 05:05 PM

Re: Yeti Parts

The front arms sound interesting. Anything drawn up yet?

Maybe consider some stainless toe blocks and 4mm hinge pins in a kit.

Blue Monkey RC 06-24-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frdtrkguy (Post 4815765)
The front arms sound interesting. Anything drawn up yet?

Maybe consider some stainless toe blocks and 4mm hinge pins in a kit.

yes i actually have a couple prototypes. i started on them way back with the twin hammers then made some for the EXO diff using a shorter wheelbase to match the SCX10 width for the SCX10 IFS kit.

then the wrexo stuff started to pick up and i put all that on the back burner to keep up with production.

right now my goal is to get out the fully independent wraith kit then i'll move onto the lower arms for exo platforms.

the problem with the stock design is that you can't use MIPs with big shocks. the blue monkey arms move the shock forward a hair to make room for massive MIP CVDs. also it would be cool to offer the IFS conversion for different trucks with narrower stances which will require shorter arms and length options for custom builders.

the stock length arms for the yeti and the wrexo will be ready about when the yetis start hitting the shelf.

Blue Monkey RC 06-24-2014 06:17 PM

here are a few of the lower control arms i've been playing with. from top to bottom:

EXO in a wraith/yeti
EXO in an SCX10
Traxxas in an SCX10

plenty clearance for large CVDs. i thought about bending them too because it would be sexy but i think that would take away ground clearance and i'm not sure i want to go in that direction.

Highmark 06-25-2014 08:15 AM

Get those arms to production stat! :lol: Those are very cool.

BC Racing 06-25-2014 09:47 AM

Can't or just not easily? ;-)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Monkey RC (Post 4816283)
the problem with the stock design is that you can't use MIPs with big shocks. the blue monkey arms move the shock forward a hair to make room for massive MIP CVDs...

Agreed though....that is the one thing I am a bit dissapointed they didn't address.

bronc4now 06-25-2014 10:11 AM

Could u make the arms in delrin?

frdtrkguy 06-25-2014 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
BM,

Add more material thickness in the area shown. Because of the floating outer hinge pin design a frontal impact (to the tire) puts all of the stress on that area and they will bend. Otherwise they look awesome!

isac 06-25-2014 07:14 PM

What about shorter trailing arms? Idk if that sounds dumb but I figure if your thinking of shorter lower arms to have possibility of narrowing, why not have the option of making it shorter too. I don't really like the 14.5 wb

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Blue Monkey RC 06-26-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isac (Post 4818050)
What about shorter trailing arms? Idk if that sounds dumb but I figure if your thinking of shorter lower arms to have possibility of narrowing, why not have the option of making it shorter too. I don't really like the 14.5 wb

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

that should be easy. also the removable rod ends on the BMRC trailing arms gives you almost unlimited length options.

Blue Monkey RC 06-26-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronc4now (Post 4817506)
Could u make the arms in delrin?

yea that would actually be easier than aluminum. not sure how strong they would be tho and all my stuff is warrantied for life from breaking...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highmark (Post 4817382)
Get those arms to production stat! :ror: Those are very cool.

thanks. i'm trying. for about 14 hours every day :cry:

tuner 06-26-2014 10:33 PM

I would buy the arms if they were steel. They would be strong and the weight would be where you want it.

Blue Monkey RC 06-27-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuner (Post 4819212)
I would buy the arms if they were steel. They would be strong and the weight would be where you want it.

Wow. i was thinking they were already kinda heavy...

Blue Monkey RC 07-07-2014 05:53 AM

so i did a little redesign on the control arms over the weekend and the result was pretty sweet. i had to order a reamer for the pivot areas which should be here tomorrow then i'll be able to machine a few sets and shoot some pics. can't wait to show off the finished product! "thumbsup"

SilicaStorm 07-18-2014 01:15 PM

* Subscribed *

Blue Monkey RC 07-23-2014 06:21 AM

Hi guys i just edited the first post to include estimated shipping dates. most parts are already available on the website for pre-order.

the trailing arms will get a slight upgrade from our current styles. i had to add a 4th hole for the Yeti dual shock setup and also put a mud drain on the bottom.

the new BMRC front control arms are truly awesome... nothing like anything else i've seen. pics/preorder on monday. shipping 8/15. they will give you almost 1/4" of additional ground clearance over stock and aftermarket aluminum control arms. they are also designed clear the biggest shocks and CVDs.

i used everyone's suggestions to redesign and refine the older prototypes pictured earlier in the thread. THANKS BTW!

more details/pics coming soon. i'm very excited about unveiling these bad boys "thumbsup""thumbsup"

if the Yeti had not come out its likely the control arm project would have collected dust and eventually thrown away.

Blue Monkey RC 07-26-2014 11:16 AM

Here are the pics of the Yeti / EXO control arms. the first 4 "actual" pictures are a copy of my last working prototype. as a final step i wanted to go ahead and have a set anodized to see if the holes shrank during the anodizing process. the pivot holes are reamed after bending to ensure proper alignment and need to maintain the correct size or the pin will be too sloppy or too tight and not fit. FYI these are kinda hacked together (made manually). the production control arms will be CNC machined and have a closed bottom to protect your shocks as shown in the last 2 pictures.

I tried to get a good angle so you can see the major ground clearance improvement simply by adding another bend a the top. If the arm was any higher - your MIP CVDs would be lower than the bottom of the control arms and vulnerable to rock rash.

http://www.bluemonkeyrc.com/catalog/...rol arms 5.jpg

http://www.bluemonkeyrc.com/catalog/...rol arms 6.jpg[/CENTER]

frdtrkguy 07-26-2014 12:45 PM

Beyond badass"thumbsup" I need these!

ROLANDROCKSHOP 07-26-2014 12:46 PM

woooo!!

Dat's Da Butter right there!!

"thumbsup"

Awesome job,been waiting to see what you guys are gonna come out with.

MAVERICKJK 07-29-2014 10:13 AM

So, how do we pre-order? Not seeing them on the site. Perhaps I'm impatient... 9.5 hours ahead here in Afghanistan.

Blue Monkey RC 07-30-2014 08:11 AM

i'll try to get something up later today "thumbsup"

MAVERICKJK 08-01-2014 01:00 PM

Dude! Money burning a hole in my pocket.
:mrgreen:

MAVERICKJK 08-11-2014 09:36 AM

Did I miss another thread?

Blue Monkey RC 08-11-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAVERICKJK (Post 4861271)
Did I miss another thread?

no i'm just waiting for the machine shop so i have some sort of ETA.

grunt95 08-15-2014 09:33 AM

Arms today!? Cant wait to see how they look like.

Blue Monkey RC 08-19-2014 01:30 PM

I just got the first batch of trailing arms from the shop so it won't be long since the control arms are the next job. spools started in the machine shop today as well. different machine tho.

BC Racing 08-26-2014 08:42 AM

How we looking on those 5mm Stubbies....

grunt95 08-26-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Racing (Post 4875352)
How we looking on those 5mm Stubbies....

Check his website they are there.

BC Racing 08-27-2014 07:15 AM

You sure about that bud...
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunt95 (Post 4875622)
Check his website they are there.

Because that site looks exactly like it did a month ago when I ordered it? And then received a long version.....somehow?
Then as I follow along...have seen that Matt has been bumped a couple times by the shop. ie...delayed/out of his control.

Soooo....Matt how we looking on the 5mm stubbies?

Blue Monkey RC 08-27-2014 08:54 AM

done. tapped a bunch last night. all 4 styles plus some .25" custom spools. i'm trying to ship everything today but some of the newer orders will go out tomorrow. you guys who have been waiting a month will definitely ship today.

in case i didn't mention it - thanks to everyone for your patience. the only thing i am waiting on now are the front control arms. trailing arms should be back from the anodizer tomorrow.

BC Racing 08-27-2014 09:40 AM

"thumbsup"...Thank you!

Blue Monkey RC 08-27-2014 10:11 AM

now that parts are coming in and my head is clearing up a bit, I suppose the next step in the MIP upgrade is to offer knuckle machining services for folks who don't want to hand grind their knuckles to fit the larger CVDs. i'll be getting into that probably this weekend.

Blue Monkey RC 08-29-2014 11:34 AM

Trailing arms just came back from anodize. Those of you who are familiar with our wraith trailing arms, note two minor changes: there is an additional hole for shock position adjustment and a drain slot in the bottom should your path take you thru mud and water.

No Worries, there are plenty to fill everyone's backorders and more "thumbsup"

6mm stubby spools:

frdtrkguy 08-30-2014 07:19 PM

Matt,

I got the 1/4 spools today. Absolutely works of art, thanks!

isac 08-30-2014 07:21 PM

Lucky guy, still waiting on mine but should be here any day now I'm sure! Did u get the long or stubby?

frdtrkguy 08-30-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isac (Post 4879715)
Lucky guy, still waiting on mine but should be here any day now I'm sure! Did u get the long or stubby?

Yup, lucky :mrgreen:

I got the stubby version..

Blue Monkey RC 09-02-2014 10:38 AM

FYI: the stock axle shafts will not work with the stubby spool and AX30383 as advertised. the setup is slightly wider even with the stubby spool. i am searching for a viable solution but you guys looking to use stock bones with the stubby spools are going to have issues. please contact me via email sales@bluemonkeyrc.com with any questions.

you may now throw rocks at my head...

Blue Monkey RC 09-03-2014 08:03 AM

Trailing arms are temporarily out of stock. The next batch is at the anodizer getting black and i expect them back wednesday 9/10 although the last batch came back quicker than expected. "thumbsup"

Maddog Madigan 09-03-2014 08:48 AM

Yeti Parts

[QUOTE=Blue Monkey RC;4882240][SIZE=3]FYI: the stock axle shafts will not work with the stubby spool and AX30383

Matt I sent you a email regarding this.

Update thank you Matt for your service! A+

MAVERICKJK 09-07-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue monkey rc (Post 4846450)
here are the pics of the yeti / exo control arms. The first 4 "actual" pictures are a copy of my last working prototype. As a final step i wanted to go ahead and have a set anodized to see if the holes shrank during the anodizing process. The pivot holes are reamed after bending to ensure proper alignment and need to maintain the correct size or the pin will be too sloppy or too tight and not fit. Fyi these are kinda hacked together (made manually). The production control arms will be cnc machined and have a closed bottom to protect your shocks as shown in the last 2 pictures.

i tried to get a good angle so you can see the major ground clearance improvement simply by adding another bend a the top. If the arm was any higher - your mip cvds would be lower than the bottom of the control arms and vulnerable to rock rash.

http://www.bluemonkeyrc.com/catalog/...rol arms 5.jpg

http://www.bluemonkeyrc.com/catalog/...rol arms 6.jpg[/center]

status?