Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: JC Auto Design - Vaterra Ascender K5 Rear Upper Link Risers - RULRs - Now Available

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 07:12 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default JC Auto Design - Vaterra Ascender K5 Rear Upper Link Risers - RULRs - Now Available

Introducing...

Vaterra Ascender Rear Upper Link Risers (AKA RULR)
Based on the success of the SCX10 version, these parts will allow you to raise up the chassis side rear upper link mounting points to give you better anti-squat characteristics (see below for a tech answer on why this is good...) and help reduce the torque twist in the rig.

Nylon Ascender RULR

These parts are made from durable Nylon 645, and will come dyed black. On request I can leave them natural white so you can dye them any color you want.
  • Super Light - Weighs only 3 grams for the pair!
  • Improves performance on uphill climbs - typically 2 degrees better.
  • Reduce Torque Twist
  • Works with stock Ascender Chassis and skid, no modifications necessary!
  • Increases pinion angle using stock links (Adjusting the rear upper link with the kit's included spacers will allow you to easily customize the pinion angle.)
  • Strong and durable - Nylon will stand up to much more abuse than typical ABS parts!
  • Keys into chassis to prevent rotation
  • Extremely easy to install, requiring no drilling and minimal effort.

Disclaimer - "There is still some controversy about the whole squat or anti-squat thing, so the below information is based on what I was able to find. In the end, these improve the performance of the Ascender because of the better vertical link mount separation at the chassis. Many users are reporting 2 degrees steeper climbs as well as a noticeable decrease in torque twist."

Here's some more info on why this is a good thing for your rig:
With the raised COG and often vertical climbs these rigs encounter, the stock squat set-up actually makes it easier for the front suspension to unload and allow the vehicle to flip over backward. By simply changing the mounting point, this turns the geometry to an anti-squat set-up and when under power, the rotation of the axle actually raises the back end of the vehicle, providing a forward bias, helping you get up and over that steep climb.

To purchase, simply visit my website:

Ascender RULR - $10 per pair

USPS First Class Mail Shipping is included in the above price.
International shipping is available, but please send me a PM for a shipping quote.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by monkeyracer; 05-04-2016 at 08:45 PM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: JC Auto Design - Vaterra Ascender K5 Rear Upper Link Risers - RULRs - Now Availab

Awesome!!

More goodies from Monkeyracer!!
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: JC Auto Design - Vaterra Ascender K5 Rear Upper Link Risers - RULRs - Now Availab

Monkey Monkey Monkey
Sorry - Had too.

Love these things btw!
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Just ordered a pair I have them on all my scx10s and love them. Good cheap upgrade
Honchoforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

My truck came ready to run would I also need the vaterra link spacers or would this work with the ones in there?
Minirider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

just ordered now worried might not work with 2spd
jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmguy760 View Post
just ordered now worried might not work with 2spd
This should work with the 2-speed option, but let me know how it goes when you get your RULRs. I don't have one here to check clearances, but looks like it should work just fine.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Mine fit but I removed them
jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

This work good i have them on my k5
juan r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Anyone have any pictures of them installed?
Smonkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

i would guess these are mounted on the chassis and they just raise the mounting point a notch.
cartronicshn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smonkman View Post
Anyone have any pictures of them installed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
i would guess these are mounted on the chassis and they just raise the mounting point a notch.
These are meant to be pretty discreet. As cartronicshn said, they are mounted to the chassis rails from the inside of the chassis with the notch right behind the skid plate (there is a space that sits right around the back side of the skid plate). There are some pictures floating around, but I don't have an Ascender to take pics with these installed.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:14 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

just ordered a pair for my 9 year old's ascender and a pair of the extended version for my 4 year old's scx! Love your stuff
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Important update:

I have noticed that those using the WB1 and WB2 (short wheelbase) configurations are likely not able to use these correctly. I am updating the design on these to accommodate all 4 wheelbase versions.

As a thank you to my customers, I am offering to anyone that has a set of these that is also using the short wheelbase configuration a free set of the updated version.

In order to claim your free set, I need the following:

1. Name (as it shows on Paypal)
2. Date of purchase (approximate if you don't have the exact date)
3. Email you used for paypal
4. Address where you want this sent to

The best way to send this info is through the Contact page on our website:

Contact - JC Auto Design

Please select "Other" from the drop down box, and in the comments post the above information.

Also, there may have been some sets of these printed with material that came from a bad batch of plastic.
I do not offer a specific warranty on printed parts, however, I will replace any set that was purchased before today that breaks.
In order to receive your replacement set, I will need the same information as above sent through the same contact form.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:52 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Now that the printer is back up and running, I am catching back up on inventory, and one major piece was the new version of the RULR that is capable of any of the 4 wheelbase configurations.

There is more info on my website here:

Upper Link Risers (RULR) (SWB or LWB) - JC Auto Design

These now include adapters for the Long Wheelbase configurations:

Or, leave the adapters off for the Short Wheelbase configurations:

The price for the updated version will stay at $10. (Although the 15% off sale that ends 5/15 still applies to the new version, so get yours soon before the sale ends!)

Get yours here

I now have a small batch of the original version (that only works with the LWB configs) and I am offering them at 50% until they are gone!

The closeout RULRs can be found here:

Closeout - LWB Upper Link Risers (RULR) - JC Auto Design

Please feel free to ask any questions by replying to this post, sending me a PM, or using the Contact Us page on my website.

JC Auto Design - Vaterra Ascender K5 Rear Upper Link Risers - RULRs - Now Available - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JC Auto Design - SCX10 Rear Upper Link Risers - Improved geometry monkeyracer Chassis and Suspension 354 09-19-2016 04:26 PM
Calderwood Design & Fabrication XR10 upper link mount Jslick Axial XR10 1 01-16-2014 08:06 PM