Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: Pre-order - Karnage SSR Competition Scale Rails

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pre-order - Karnage SSR Competition Scale Rails

Thanks for the pics! looks great one question though does your chassis have every hole just like the stock one? Looking at the pics it seems like it does but there are also some extra holes too?
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802coma View Post
You have any pics to better explain the wraith setup looks like. Thinking about doing one of these on a project. Just not 100% sure what I'm gonna be looking at.

Thanks a bunch!
Not yet. I've got some adapters being sent out to those that tested my Wraith Rails sometime this week, so I expect pics will follow soon after.
I was planning on getting mine 1.9 Wraith going, but my aluminum chassis is going to a pre-order that came in minutes after I made the first order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
Thanks for the pics! looks great one question though does your chassis have every hole just like the stock one? Looking at the pics it seems like it does but there are also some extra holes too?
All stock holes represented, and the extra ones to accommodate the wraith chassis.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Not yet. I've got some adapters being sent out to those that tested my Wraith Rails sometime this week, so I expect pics will follow soon after.

I was planning on getting mine 1.9 Wraith going, but my aluminum chassis is going to a pre-order that came in minutes after I made the first order.

I'm very interested in seeing this. We are looking at a 1.9 wraith with this particular setup as well. I'll be on the look out for those pics!
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i'm very interested in seeing this. We are looking at a 1.9 wraith with this particular setup as well. I'll be on the look out for those pics!
x2...
rc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Just received mine in the mail. I purchased the steel version. You know you have faith in your product when it's shipped in a padded envelope. I must say that these rails are flat out bad ass. Wow they are beefy. The nicest production chassis on the market to date. I plan on ordering another set for sure. Does return customers get a discount?
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

I haven't received a tracking number (aluminum version) is it because of the other items I ordered as well?
Old 03-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
Just received mine in the mail. I purchased the steel version. You know you have faith in your product when it's shipped in a padded envelope. I must say that these rails are flat out bad ass. Wow they are beefy. The nicest production chassis on the market to date. I plan on ordering another set for sure. Does return customers get a discount?
Still awaiting mine, hopefully this week

Last edited by gottorque; 03-02-2015 at 04:38 PM.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:25 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I haven't received a tracking number (aluminum version) is it because of the other items I ordered as well?
Yes, your other items are printing, so as soon as they are ready I'll toss them all in the same package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
Still awaiting mine, hopefully this week
Same as for you, since you are getting some extra parts with the rails, it's going out in the mail as soon as the kit is printed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
Awesome! Post pics or a build thread link when you get them going.

I may be able to work out a loyalty discount. There's not a whole lot of margin on these to keep the cost reasonable for you guys, but send me a PM when you are ready to order and we will figure something out.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:26 AM   #49
RCC Addict

So testers get the product after the pre-order guys get theirs?
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Yes, your other items are printing, so as soon as they are ready I'll toss them all in the same package.

Okay cool, that's what I was thinking. Just making sure usps didn't screw up is all.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
So testers get the product after the pre-order guys get theirs?
The rails have been testing for the past two months locally. You guys are continuing testing the wraith cage aspect of it, hence the adapters.

Quote:
Okay cool, that's what I was thinking. Just making sure usps didn't screw up is all.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:15 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

kinda of a stupid question but I see you still have the stock holes for the shock hoops, so I would assume it would be possible to chop off the shock hoops that come with the chassis and you would be able to run stock one or even after market ones? Cant wait to hear what people think of these chassis.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:16 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
kinda of a stupid question but I see you still have the stock holes for the shock hoops, so I would assume it would be possible to chop off the shock hoops that come with the chassis and you would be able to run stock one or even after market ones? Cant wait to hear what people think of these chassis.

That's what I am doing to it. Im going to be running the 4 inch bigbores which is basically wraith shocks, but should sit like it has 90-93mm shocks.

I haven't got my chassis yet but I've been setting up my buddies The Scale Shop chassis (very similar) and this is what it looks like so far. Can't wait to set the JCAD up. My buddy regrets not waiting for JCAD because of the bumper heights.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Bumper mounts is the downfall of that chassis imo.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Bumper mounts is the downfall of that chassis imo.

Yeah I was hesitating on it for a while and then the JCAD one was announced and I've been waiting patiently since hahaha
Old 03-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's what I am doing to it. Im going to be running the 4 inch bigbores which is basically wraith shocks, but should sit like it has 90-93mm shocks.

I haven't got my chassis yet but I've been setting up my buddies The Scale Shop chassis (very similar) and this is what it looks like so far. Can't wait to set the JCAD up. My buddy regrets not waiting for JCAD because of the bumper heights.
Tell me how it goes. I planed on running these little gems on the JK im building. Only problem was that they use the scx10 shock hoops to mount up. The one and only problem I see with the set up is tires rubbing on the body and maybe too much down travel with such long shocks but shouldent matter to much if you dont plan on running CMS at all.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

I'm waiting to get everything for a 1.9 wraith build until i see how these rails look. I will be checking back periodically, and when everything for a wraith is available i will be throwing my money at you!
Cmarcan167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:25 PM   #58
RCC Addict

I'm removing a tss chassis for this new setup to get stock bumper mounts back. Tss Is great if you're not worried about gabbing bumper lowering. Here's comparison with its to the tss rails (black) and the new Jcad karnage rails (steel)

I'll be welding in cross supports rather than the plastic chassis cross bars.
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
TSS vs JCAD rails
Thanks for the comparison pics, I don't have the TSS chassis, so I appreciate the pics. I think they are helpful to those considering either chassis to see the differences.

In other news, here's a sneak peak at the wraith chassis compatibility:

But, my wraith chassis is highly modified, so I sent out some chassis and adapters to my testers, and soon they should be posting up pics of their builds.
There are some minor modifications to make it work, but nothing requiring special tools. More info on that when the testers get started on their builds.

Once the testers verify that the adapters fit and clear everything, I will add them to my website.

One thing I really like about this solution is for those using SCX axles under the wraith chassis (1.9 Wraith), you get to keep the up-to-date geometry of the SCX (and all the performance) but get the looks of the wraith cage.

Feel free to post any comments, questions or suggestions.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:07 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Any update on these? Can't wait to start building mine!

Pre-order - Karnage SSR Competition Scale Rails - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wreckluse scale chassis Pre-order now and SAVE $$$ Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 381 03-22-2010 08:18 PM
2nd Pre-Order Scale Offroad Winches run2jeepn Scale parts 36 06-23-2008 04:55 PM