Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Wraith Link Tweaker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2019, 09:51 PM   #1
Suck it up!

Default 1.9 Wraith Link Tweaker

Eyeball Engineering presents: Link Tweakers

Want some adjustability in your suspension? I gotcha covered!

Utilizes factory mounting points and link lengths. Kit includes left and right plates, and all hardware and spacers required for installation.

This is a direct bolt-on, no modifications necessary mod!

See Post #6 for installation instructions.

$35 each, shipped in the CONUS. Will ship outside the US for an additional fee. PM me to order or for additional info.

PayPal only, and will only be shipped to the address given by PayPal. Do not send payment as a gift! Gifted payments will be refunded immediately and without notice!

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 05-18-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2019, 09:53 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: 1.9 Wraith Link Tweaker

Non-CMS 4 link kits coming soon!

Old 05-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #3
Suck it up!

First orders should be arriving, let me know of any issues you guys are having, and whether or not I should post up instructions.

Space is limited on the skid, so these will fit tight against the trans/spur cover and possibly the motor.

Some trimming of the plastic on the trans/spur cover area is likely needed for proper fitment. It shouldn't take much. Nothing a razor knife or sandpaper won't handle. It's not a huge deal, but I'll see what design changes I can make to resolve that.

On my personal rig, the stock motor does contact the plate, but doesn't have any negative effects on anything other than being a bit of a PITA to feed the upper link bolt through. There's not a lot I can do there without requiring a different length upper link, but I'll make an attempt to resolve that as well.

Again, let me know of any issues. I want my stuff to be as good as possible and I can't do that without your input!

Also...first run is just about sold out. Expect the second run to be available in a week or so. Big thanks to you guys for your support!
Old 05-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

got mine and installed it, instructions would be cool or a link to pictures...I came to this page to see the installed part and easily seen what my dumbass was doin wrong lol... it does hit my stock motor as well but I didnt have to trim anything for it to fit...I think if a HH rebuildable motor is used it wont hit at all. Nice product! Thanks!
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #5
Suck it up!

Roger that. I'll get instructions up tonight or tomorrow.

It's been determined that some skids have a bit of a curl to them. Whether or not there is some interference with the trans depends on the severity of the curl. You might have to flex it a bit to get the tweakers in there.

Having said that, I made a revision today to gain some additional clearance on either side to make them easier to install.

A rebuildable motor will definitely gain some space. Just be sure your attaching your links to the outside, not the inside.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:16 PM   #6
Suck it up!

Installation instructions:

Step 1: Remove skid assembly from chassis. Trans/motor removal is not required.

Step 2: Position plates and spacers. Use the factory upper link screws and one of the supplied screws to secure them.

Step 3: Connect upper links using supplied hardware. Note that the links attach to the outside of the plates.

It's a bit cramped by the motor, but the skid plate can be flexed enough to push the bolts through.

A good starting position for the upper links is level with the ground.

You can also run your links asymmetrically, meaning one link in a different position than the other. This is another way to combat torque twist. Since these rigs like to lift the drivers side front wheel, try running the drivers side rear upper link higher than the one on the passenger side.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:41 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I took the transmission off the skid plate to install mine, mostly because I'll be installing a different transmission. Based on the normal curve/flatness of my uninstalled skid plate, I found:

Original style Axial trans/motor plate with no gear cover - No trimming needed for trans fitment.

Original style Axial trans/motor plate with gear cover - Very slight trim on the gear cover where it wraps around the outer edge of the motor plate, 1-ish mm of trimming.

Stock 1.9 Wraith trans - Quite a bit more trimming than the OG style trans, can't say how much exactly would be needed since I wasn't planning on running this trans anyway.

Also, by some eyeball measuring, it looks like a Holmes Puller Pro Stubby is short enough to allow the upper links to be installed on either side of the plate. I'll actually have to get the motor in there to confirm.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

One issue I ran into isn’t the fault of the Tweaker as it works with the stock links. On the Vanquish and rod end mounting to the outside limits flex. I’m going to use the Boom racing bent rod ends instead which are sold in the bent style like Axial but not the easily worn out Axial version. I’m guessing the the 3 on the tweaker is all I need but I’ll post up once they arrive with images for those who want to see it.

I haven’t the Traxxas 5347 because I am out of them and the Incision links came with the Vanquish ones, which aren’t exactly 5347.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #9
Suck it up!

Round 2 is officially in progress! If you want to reserve a kit, post up below. Price is now $35 shipped.

Some minor adjustments were made on this run to give additional clearance around the transmission.

A big thanks to everyone that has given me feedback. It is much appreciated!

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 05-18-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Round 2 is officially in progress! If you want to reserve a kit, post up below. Price is now $35 shipped.

Some minor adjustments were made on this run to give additional clearance around the transmission.

A big thanks to everyone that has given me feedback. It is much appreciated!

thanks for making this part!!
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #11
Suck it up!

I wasn't sure if I'd get everything done today, but I did! Round 2 is up for grabs. PM me for info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
On the Vanquish and rod end mounting to the outside limits flex.
How bad is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
thanks for making this part!!
Thanks for buying it!
Old 05-21-2019, 08:50 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
How bad is it?
Well to be honest most of the bind was at the axle mount. The Vanquish rod ends are larger than the Revo so they’d hit the axle housing casing a lot of the problem. It was tight but not fully binding on the bottom hole but pretty free at the top when I lengthened the lowers to help fix the Vanquish rod and Axle housing bind.

I did get the Boom Racing badass rod ends in and on. Absolutely not issues since they are bent like the plastic stock link ends. And nicely they include steel balls that are Axial size not Revo which is slightly smaller.

Shaved the stock case down to fit, it’s tight but works for me. Now to finish the powertrain upgrades to get to link testing.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:08 PM   #13
Suck it up!

I had to shave the axle cases down as well. The Revo ends would just barely fit if cranked over at an angle.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:00 AM   #14
Suck it up!

Happy 4th!

Link Tweakers are $25 shipped for the next 12 hours! PM me for payment info!

Enjoy your day and stay safe!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:13 AM   #15
Suck it up!

due to some scheduling conflicts, i haven't been able to get any machining done at all in the past few weeks. i know some of you have been patiently waiting for 4 link versions of the 1.9 link tweakers, and i thank you for that and apologize for the delay. in an effort to come through on my promises, i'll be breaking down some of the regular kits to make as many 4 link setups as i can for those that want them.

same as the 3 link kits, they will run $35 shipped in the conus. shoot me a pm if you'd like one and i'll start repackaging them for you. orders will ship as soon as tomorrow morning.

thanks again for your patience!

1.9 Wraith Link Tweaker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley's Project Tweaker - Reiteration from '09 Harley 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 12-01-2012 11:13 AM
Wraith TEAMSTRC steering link/drag link???? SwampDawg 2.2 Scale Rigs 1 07-02-2012 04:03 PM
tweaker crawlgranitebay Newbie General 4 01-21-2009 03:55 AM
Project Tweaker + Used Mini Quake body = Obsessive Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 07-04-2005 09:04 PM
Project Tweaker... VMG crawler Obsessive Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 07-02-2005 05:29 PM