Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

View Poll Results: What other Rig's would you like to see this chassis available for?
AX10 2 28.57%
LCC 1 14.29%
Burg/MOA 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: AB Design - 4VP v2 Chassis for Venom Creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default AB Design - 4VP v2 Chassis for Venom Creeper

4VP v2 in Black

4VP v2 in White

Build Thread
Every Kit comes with a printed diagram and paper templates so you can cut your pody pannle's out of your desired material.

This kit is a direct bolt on for the Venom Creeper. All you have to do is unbolt the upper links and the stock chassis plates and bolt these in place. You can also fit this kit to the AX10 by drilling the mounting hols slightly further apart or, make you're own skid out 3/8in delrin and bolt it up, Pick your transmission and axles and now you've got you're own custom crawler.

All quantities are updated as items are sold.

Design Change - All chassis doors will be solid on black and white chassis.
Chassis Dying - If you would like me to dye a white chassis to your desired color it will be + $25 for my time and materials. It will take me about 3 extra days to ship so that I can make sure everything it dry.

I can dye a White chassis black if you would like a black chassis at no extra charge.[/SIZE]

0 - Black Solid Door Chassis - Out of Stock
1 - White Solid Door Chassis - In Stock

Kit 1 - If you don't need hardware - $68.95 Shipped
-----------------------------------------------
Delrin Chassis Plates + 1 servo Plate
Delrin Braces

Kit 2 - Hardware, Plates & Spacers - $78.95 Shipped
Delrin Braces
Hardware Pack
or White w/white Braces

Kit 3 - Everything - $83.95 Shipped (Subtract $2 if you only want lexan for the roof and hood.)
Delrin Braces
Hardware Pack - 8 3x8mm screws instead of the 8 3x6mm
.030 Lexan To Cut Body Pannels From

--------------------EXTRAS-------------------
6 In Stock Extra Servo Plate - $10 Shipped
6 In Stock Extra Servo Plate - $6 when ordering with other items

If you are ordering internationaly, ask me for a shipping quote first.

If interested please PM me and send payment to adam.bavuso@us.army.mil. Please indicate in you're PM & Pay-Pal which Kit you are ordering Black or White, Solid door or logo door.

The hardware pack may very between button head and hex hed by availability.

Every kit will come with a paper template for the body pannles. This will make it easier to cut them out of .030 or .040 Lexan/PETG. And I'll include the modifications I did for the best setup ie. battery tray mod and dig servo mounting.

Last edited by Abavuso; 11-01-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
RCC Addict

They are here. Order them up while that last.

Last edited by Abavuso; 10-19-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Adam, I am loving my kit! Work and other stuff has made this a slow put together, but I will have my build thread going soon!

I ordered Kit #3, showed up fast, packaged very well, and all the parts were much better than I could have imagined. I am loving this chassis more and more as I put it together. It truely could be a fast mod to put together, but I am doing a complete overhaul of my creeper as i do this, and adding a new (to me) esc, lipo battery and such, so is taking a couple of afternoons for me working slow. But could be truely an hour or two and back wheeling it! Instructions are good and basicly is an easy swap.

I like how you will have dyeable ones available. I like my black one, but color choice is awsome. No one will be disappointed in this chassis!

Just getting started!

Plates on,

Sorry for crappy cell pics
catzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Looking good so far. I can't wait to see how you do up the paint.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Default My 4VP/2 Chassis

Adam-
Great work on the chassis. I ordered Kit 3 from you and it all came very well packaged. I was able to complete the swap in about 3 hours, and painted the panels the next day. I have taken my creeper out since the change and it is better than before. I had the CKRC Stage II kit on it already and your chassis only made it better. I was able to climb some rocks today that flipped me over previously, and when I do flip over I can re-right myself quickly. I didn't get any pics of the swap, but I do have some of the finished product. I took my creeper to my LHS and they all thought your chassis was very well designed and looked great. Thanks again for the great product.
Attached Images

Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Default AX10 Version of the 4VP v2

Making the chassis fit onto a stock AX10 is a fairly simple process providing you have to proper tools and the correct length. This is my preliminay findings.

Mounting to the chassis - The Venom mounts are about 1/16ths of and inch off where the AX10 Chassis mount are located at. I can provide a drill guide or, I can drill the mounting holes for you if you would like.

Upper Link Mounting - You will need to convert to a 4 Link setup or you can fabe some longer upper links. I'll have the exact details once I get my hands on a complete AX10 to take some measurments.

Servo Plates for a 4 link - That's an easy redesign but again, I need to get my hands on an AX10 for that to happen.

With that said. If anyone is good will a CAD Program make me up a DFX file will the exact measurments for all the mounting holes on the AX10 Chassis and PM me. I will give you 30% off once I've got the AX10 Version ready.

You have to PM me before you start the drawing if you want the discount.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
RCC Addict

these look awesome. I am bringing you a Losi CCR chassis so you can play with it and see if it will work.
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

i have seen this chassis in person during a few comps this season. This chassis definitely works! craftmanships is top notch. I have seen it out perform some moa's. just my 2 cents!
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

i forgot to post some glamour shots of this chassis on my creeper. great product!
Attached Images

jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Very nice, I love the paint job in the doors.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:43 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

The 4vp 2 has done really well and no problems with its strength It crawls amazing and makes a good chassis good work in design and performance

jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

adam, i forgot to mention. on the original nose plates the back holes (where it connects to the main chassis plates) the holes were not 3mm threaded holes. not a big deal for now (just ran a bolt all the way through and put a locknut on the back) but would it be possible to make sure the short nose has the threaded holes? i'm thinking about narrowing the nose (trying to pull the shocks closer to center so i can increase my steering angle) but if i do i won't have space between the motor and the nose plate.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #13
RCC Addict

That was actualy a design change I made I just forgot to update the instructions. 2 lock nuts were for the rear shocks and two lock nuts were for the bottom nose plate. I had an issue in the first version whete the lower nose screws were working their way out so I just added the lock nut and the longer screws to make it secure. If you think it would be better to leave the hole threaded I will change it back for future versions.

On a side note, your short nose should be shipping to you next week.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
That was actualy a design change I made I just forgot to update the instructions. 2 lock nuts were for the rear shocks and two lock nuts were for the bottom nose plate. I had an issue in the first version whete the lower nose screws were working their way out so I just added the lock nut and the longer screws to make it secure. If you think it would be better to leave the hole threaded I will change it back for future versions.

On a side note, your short nose should be shipping to you next week.
i tell you what, if it isn't a big change having them with threaded holes is worth a shot. worse case if i have the same issue with screws backing out i can always drill out the hole and add the locknut back on.

can't wait to get the new nose pieces. i'm thinking about adding some floodlights at the front of the nose. once i have the new plates installed i'll know if i have the room to make that happen. otherwise i'm still thinking your rollbar light idea is a great one.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #15
RCC Addict

One thing I might suggest is addons z wheel widner in the front. That will help get you more steering without rubbing on the shocks. I just let mine rub on the shocks because it's not like a go fast truck where the rubbing can cause major issues. Then again mine just barely hit the HR shocks that I use. For the widners PM rmdesignworks. I know he uses them. You can also find some on the ckrc store.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
One thing I might suggest is addons z wheel widner in the front. That will help get you more steering without rubbing on the shocks. I just let mine rub on the shocks because it's not like a go fast truck where the rubbing can cause major issues. Then again mine just barely hit the HR shocks that I use. For the widners PM rmdesignworks. I know he uses them. You can also find some on the ckrc store.
i'm looking at widners but i was afraid to push my stock wheels out that far. i felt that it would stress the stock plastic c- and steering hubs too much if the wheels & weights had that much more leverage. might not be a real issue but i'm having flashbacks to the days of monster trucks with massive wheels hanging off the hubs. broke my fare share!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Default Red 4VP Chassis :)

I wanted to show you what the white chassis could look like if you purchas them to turn them a diferent color. I've done this one in red... to achieve red you will need to use Rit Dye "Wine" Color. If you use red, it will turn out orange.

Last edited by Abavuso; 10-12-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #18
RCC Addict

That red dyed chassis is sick! After watching this thing comp it almost made me want to run out and buy a venom. Your MRC prototype also did very well. Top notch design work. I really like how well it can get rolled back over if on it's lid. The super low COG just makes it climb like a spider.
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

I posted this on the venom thread also.
I have used the 4vp/2 chassis in two comps now and it is great. I have taken a few good tumbles and no breakage. The president of my crawling club liked your chassis so much he ordered one to get his creeper back up for sportsman class. Great job and keep up the good work.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Default Chassis Special

On the last two white chassis, get Kit - 3 for the pice of kit - 2 and an extra black servo plate free.