Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: Jp Custom Rc's Shock Upgrades...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Jp Custom Rc's Shock Upgrades...

Just ordered these. They will be in this week. You would need 2 of these kits to do one set of four Shocks. Allows for better shock movement during flex. Also comes with new bladders and O-Rings if yours start to leak. $8.50 Shipped. I haven't gotten them on my Site yet. I'll add them to there when I have them in my Hands.

For now if you need these or just want them. You can Paypal me at jpcustomrcs@yahoo.com

Make sure you note Who you are and What you are ordering. Thanks

run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I give what shocks are these for?
Rok_Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

These upgrades will work on any of the shocks available for purchase on www.jpcustomrcs.com .

http://www.jpcustomrcs.atomicshops.c...ge/4457879.htm
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i gotta ask. there is no clear pic of the top of the shocks, but by looking at this kit the shock cap must have a removable center/mount piece to be replacable by the kit one. is there any plans to make these standard rather than an upgrade? the ball mounts make more sense for crawlers.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster View Post
i gotta ask. there is no clear pic of the top of the shocks, but by looking at this kit the shock cap must have a removable center/mount piece to be replacable by the kit one. is there any plans to make these standard rather than an upgrade? the ball mounts make more sense for crawlers.
Yeah, for some reason I remember the cap being way larger and bowl shaped...how will that larger end shown in your pic take the place of the whole aluminum cap?

Pic for reference:
Attached Images

Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

yeah, i would say not looking at that pic but not really sure. i have some tamiya TC shocks that the cap is a seperate piece from the mount/eyelet and could be changed, but this dosnt look to be so.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

see, this is what im talking about. when the cap screws off the center is removable.
Name:  DSC02805.JPG
Views: 469
Size:  25.3 KB
Old 05-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Let me double check again...Just going off what I was told...Hold on...I'll be back.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

still holding.....
see what i mean though, looking at the kit pic and the shock top pic dont look like the 2 would work together unless you cut and drilled the old mount/cap.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Just heard back from them and they say they fit every Shock Model they have. I should have them in this week along with my Clod Knuckles. So I will double check then. If they don't work I will just send them back.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:19 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

cool. i hope they do but unless somthing is missing in the pic of the kit i'm gonna have to think they wont. post up when you find out, i'll take a set of 80's if they work.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:22 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster View Post
cool. i hope they do but unless somthing is missing in the pic of the kit i'm gonna have to think they wont. post up when you find out, i'll take a set of 80's if they work.
My guess is they posted the wrong pic on there website is all. I doubled checked before I ordered so they should be ok....I will update when I find out. I will delete this thread and start a new one with pic's of my own. If not I'll just update this thread and give it a couple days before I delete it. So everyone has a chance to see it.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:26 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

sweet! actual product pics are always better.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:13 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Awesome, if these work out, and they include what is needed to fix up the top shock cap, I will be down for some, I could use a little extra movement there.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:16 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

it would be nice to see the shocks come with this upper mount rather than the current one, would be a much better suited shock for crawlers. i hate to buy a set of shocks and then another 17 bucks for a rebuild/ball mount kit, especially when i wont be running shock oil anyway.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #16
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

I'll definitely be interested in a couple of these kits if they'll fit. Like Thor said...IF that pic is the correct kit, it would need one more piece which would be a new cap that has a hole in the top to allow the upper rod end to poke through...with maybe an o-ring or something sandwiched in there....but I'll hold off till I see your pics.

Another thing I'm wondering...is why they would give you those spacers that are meant for the stock upper mounts, in this kit. They wouldn't be needed really, unless they are just figuring you'd use them to space the rod end off the chassis?

Last edited by Offroader5; 05-17-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
Another thing I'm wondering...is why they would give you those spacers that are meant for the stock upper mounts, in this kit. They wouldn't be needed really, unless they are just figuring you'd use them to space the rod end off the chassis?
You could pop the ball out of the plastic shock cap, then insert the ball on the stand off into the cap. Basically, you would have less pieces to put together in the end, plus, everyone needs different length stand offs for different projects.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #18
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
You could pop the ball out of the plastic shock cap, then insert the ball on the stand off into the cap. Basically, you would have less pieces to put together in the end, plus, everyone needs different length stand offs for different projects.
Yeah, but that would defeat the purpose of replacing the top end with the rod end. You would still have the same ball in socket end that the shock comes with...only it would be pivoting in delrin instead of aluminum.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #19
RCC Addict

so.....will the ones in the pics be available ? ? ? ?

i think they would work for the shocks on the XRC

chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
Yeah, but that would defeat the purpose of replacing the top end with the rod end. You would still have the same ball in socket end that the shock comes with...only it would be pivoting in delrin instead of aluminum.
Well, in my shocks, the aluminum stand off doesnt not rotate in the shock cap at all, if the cap were delrin, it would work much more smoothly. For me at least, it would solve the problem.