Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: **Jp Customs Ultimate Clod Knuckles**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 07:10 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
please keep me informed if you find a way to use the axial wheel i also posted a thread about this exact problem and can not find a 17mm adapter that is 1 inch wide nobody makes them and it seems nobody wants to make them. there are 1 inch wide adapters for a stock clod hex but not for the 17mm hub on a ttr 8mm axle
if you can find someone that has some 12-12mm adapters and then use benders 12-17mm adapters, then you can run the axial wheels. I had just regular aluminum knuckles and 1/4" wideners and was able to run knuckle packs on my clod. One problem i had was that i had to re-wrap the pack back to the knuckles after each comp because the would just slide around and get all out of wack even though they were held on with double sided tape, a zip tie, and then wrapped tight with electrical tape. That is when JP's knuckles come in handy because he has them grooved to hold the batts in place.

contact ace, the last i talked to him, he said he had some 1" widers or 3/4" wideners. also i think cpe has some too.
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #22
RCC Addict

I don't know why nobody makes them because you can find 1" wide 8mm 23mm adaptors for truggies no problems but none for the 17mm wheels. You would think that Maximizer would make some for there wheels?
clarkrw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #23
RCC Addict

yeah i talked to cpe and he does not make and will not make what is needed for the axial wheel. i can understand that he said it is not cost effective as i am only 1 guy asking for these. i really dont want to stack adapter on top of adapter you will run into problems in time with wear and creating a wobble by doing this. i will try to get a pic up of an axial wheel and you can see why this is a problem.
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
yeah i talked to cpe and he does not make and will not make what is needed for the axial wheel. i can understand that he said it is not cost effective as i am only 1 guy asking for these. i really dont want to stack adapter on top of adapter you will run into problems in time with wear and creating a wobble by doing this. i will try to get a pic up of an axial wheel and you can see why this is a problem.
Send it to me in an E-Mail also... jpcustomrcs(at) yahoo.com
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Has anyone contacted Integy, they already make them for 23mm/8mm and stock clod axles It would be pretty easy for them to make a 17mm one. I would think it would be useful to many of the Truggy guys also, and they seem to be really getting into the crawling stuff, seems most people are using CVD's on the clods so it only makes sense to make a 8mm adaptor.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Has anyone contacted Integy, they already make them for 23mm/8mm and stock clod axles It would be pretty easy for them to make a 17mm one. I would think it would be useful to many of the Truggy guys also, and they seem to be really getting into the crawling stuff, seems most people are using CVD's on the clods so it only makes sense to make a 8mm adaptor.
They have a 17mm...

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...45107238321.0c
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #27
RCC Addict

if you look at the picture you will see that the 12mm hex is for use on the stock clod axle i am also not sure if the hub itself is 1 inch long when i emailed them before they said they didnt have anything for a ttr axle and nothing that was 1 inch
Old 06-28-2007, 01:30 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Yes....that is an adapter that has to be stacked....RC4WD has them too...I am looking for something that attaches directly to the axle via a pin... and not stack hexes.

like this only 17mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post

Last edited by clarkrw3; 06-28-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #29
RCC Addict

update please on the bearings you were having made do you have any yet and if so did they fix the problem with the ttr axle?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
update please on the bearings you were having made do you have any yet and if so did they fix the problem with the ttr axle?
They are being made as I type. I had 5000 made. The better fix the problem.. j/k...

Yes they fix the problem... There is no longer a Problem with them.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #31
RCC Addict

ok thanks for the reply just wondering
Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
They are being made as I type. I had 5000 made. The better fix the problem.. j/k...

Yes they fix the problem... There is no longer a Problem with them.
Do you get the bearing in? Just thought I would check.

Thanks
Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote