Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: Help with Bulu

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56
Dude, are you retarted or just dumb? YUGO would have not sold 100,000 cars if they didnt have a great product
i said it was bad, and it is. i am sory if you dont know what geometry is. i also said it works for what it is. but when you flex it, just like the other guy pointed out, the axles goes out of center a lot, way too much for a tlt.

Damn... if I wasn't so high on cold meds I'd lay into you but since you have no clue on what your talking about I will just pass you by.

Why do the links have to be parallel? If someone wanted to have their links be parallel then they can buy a Bulu1 and drill extra holes. The Bulu2 doesn't have any extra space for more holes. We sell a chassis, the rest is up to you. If it's too tough to figure out then sell it. I'm sure many people would by it. Our parts tend to have a decent re-sell value. Building a TLT isn't the easiest rig out there to build. Aftermarket support just isn't there yet like the TXT, Clod, Maxx, etc.. Link mounting points on the axle is up to the buyer/user. We try to make a nice medium setting for everyone.

Like I stated, my axles do not go out of center when flexed. My Bulu1 can go past 90* if needed but any flex past 70-75* and a shafted truck gets into trouble....plain and simple. It's hard to build a chassis that will work with what everyone has. Like I've said to other people, we sell products that we run on our own trucks.... we sell them the way we run them, don't like it, don't buy. It won't hurt our feelings if you decide to buy from another vendor. We'd rather see happy people in the crawling world rather than pissy people that can't turn a screw

Look, here's more dirty pictures of my personal rig that for some reason works, it's just a bad driver behind the wheel at times
Attached Images

toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #22

Ahah! I think I finally figured out why Toyo's rig seems to work better than everyone elses does.

#1- Toyo has some sort of proto spring on one shock that is not straight like the rest of us run!

#2- Toyo only connects one shock on the one end of his truck!

#3- Toyo only runs 3 wheels/tires!

Seems to me to be the only difference between trucks that I can see
superdenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:18 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92YotaOnRims
hey Toyo...see my truck...yours needs to be that clean...haha...why haven't u put on the Bulu 2 chassis?...
You want to buy me one? I really have no reason to upgrade. Unless I want to gain the cool looks and save half the weight..... err, wait.. half the weight and better looks? Naw, I'll keep the old girl as it just keeps going. Plus, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
are those X Factor shocks?...they look really similar...

The rears are X-Factor shocks. Front shocks are high end 1/8 scale buggy shocks. Basicly there is too much shock on the little truck. I really need to down size to 4" shocks.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Wow, just wow. I think I am now even dummer for reading all this crap. All of you guys except for like one or two, missed my whole point. THE LINK ANGLES ARE BAD, yes, it works, and works good, but they are still BAD. How do I know these are bad you lamos ask? if you look at the pinion angles and movement of it during suspension travel, you will notice that it move a lot, from side to side, and up and down (the bad up and down) with proper link setup, the pinion angle should not change. This little bad boy moves inches.
Also, for the person selling this, YOU SHOULD HAVE DIRECTIONS, AND AXLE LINK PLACEMENTS. THIS IS YOUR CHASSIS DESIGN, AND ITS MADE TO WORK WITH A CERTAIN PLACEMENTS, SO SHOW IT TO US, SO WE DON’T HAVE TO GUESS
I think that’s it.
and yes, I also have a 1:1 rig, that I have wheel the piss out of, so please don’t talk shit about those, I am not some damn kid.
And yes, samis suck big donkey balls.
Shane
paranoid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

soooo sorry to offend you again. And I will say it, NO I don’t own one, and never will, BUT, I did put one together and I wheeled the piss out of it, so I do have some experience on this stupid subject. And if you were a little smart, you would go reread my posts, as I never said it was junk, I said it worked very well, but it had bad link geometry.
And as for instructions, if he did all this so called R&D, he would have found the best link placement. it looks like he didn’t, and just put some holes in the chassis plate. not real hard. And thanks, I will think about all these wonderful things you have said, and will most surely say in the future, thanks, i feel much better now.
Have a wonderful day, living in "a house" and driving a yota with rims. Well I sure hope it has rims, and not on blocks in front of you trailer.
Shane

ohhhh, and all you flunkys will love this too. DAVE AKA SR5DAVE, your idol, even says the links are bad. That should shut most of you up.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
THE LINK ANGLES ARE BAD, yes, it works, and works good, but they are still BAD.
It works good but it's bad.... okay.

Quote:
How do I know these are bad you lamos ask? if you look at the pinion angles and movement of it during suspension travel, you will notice that it move a lot, from side to side, and up and down (the bad up and down) with proper link setup, the pinion angle should not change. This little bad boy moves inches.
Pinion angle is setup by link lengths, not how or where you place the links. If I were to lengthen my upper links it would rotate my pinion angle up, shorten the uper links it'd rotate my pinion angle down. The pinion angles on my personal truck are fine, as my truck sits pretty low when it's in it's RTR state. My lower links sit flat.

Quote:
Also, for the person selling this, YOU SHOULD HAVE DIRECTIONS, AND AXLE LINK PLACEMENTS. THIS IS YOUR CHASSIS DESIGN, AND ITS MADE TO WORK WITH A CERTAIN PLACEMENTS, SO SHOW IT TO US, SO WE DON’T HAVE TO GUESS
I think that’s it.
I could charge even more to add directions but putting together the Bulu is simple, even my 5 year old nephew can build one without help... There two cross tubes and some nuts that hold the main portion together. Then you just bolt in the 'Pede tranny and make the spur gear face towards the rear. Done. You have just assembled a Bulu2 chassis. Toughest part is just making the mounting points on the axles. We sell only the chassis, people who purchase the chassis are not mislead, you are buying only the chassis, the rest is up to the buyer/user.

I find it funny that out of 60+ Bulu2's that RCRG has sold only 3 people have had issues with building them. Even at last Sunday's ORCRC get together new people showed up that were running a Bulu2 chassis and I didn't even know they had one!! They built them, ran them and never mentioned anything but high remarks about the chassis. People know that if they have a problem they can ask us and we will do our best to help you out. PM us, call us or meet up with us on the weekends.

In this picture there are x3 Bulu1's & x5 Bulu2's.... A couple of these rigs have never been to an outting with us before and worked just fine.

If you don't like the chassis, don't buy it...or if you already have it but don't like it, sell it. I'm sure it'll sell fast enough.

Remember when building a crawler your doing just that.... BUILDING. Building a crawler isn't just replacing parts, it's all about fab work, everyone will have to do some fab work when building a crawler.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the response. That does help. As for pinion angle, yea, I know, setting it is about link lengths. But, it’s about placement of links when dealing with pinion angle movement during articulation.
As for making directions and charging more, well that’s just lame, how hard would it to be to set up some ONLINE directions so we can see some pictures of where you mounted you links? if you need help, let me know. Super easy.
And I know that building it is super easy too, it’s nice. I like the water jet work.

oh, and one more little thing about it (sorry) is that the all thread seems to bend super easy, in the future, I would have that rod tapped, and use screws to attach the shocks to the cross tube. Stronger, and a better design.
Shane
Old 03-23-2005, 10:22 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
As for making directions and charging more, well that’s just lame, how hard would it to be to set up some ONLINE directions so we can see some pictures of where you mounted you links? if you need help, let me know. Super easy.
I have decided I don't like the online directions, I did it for the Maxx SAS kits and turned out to be a real pain. How many people build their trucks with a computer right at their finger tips? Have to remember that RCRG has really only been in business since Mid-August, if that and we are just two normal guys putting in our 10 hours at a regular job and then coming home to work even more. The "fun" starts to fade after a while.

Quote:
And I know that building it is super easy too, it’s nice. I like the water jet work.
There was no water jet work done on it.... CNC'ed. We have it done at a small facility, only special projects are taken by the man.

Quote:
oh, and one more little thing about it (sorry) is that the all thread seems to bend super easy, in the future, I would have that rod tapped, and use screws to attach the shocks to the cross tube. Stronger, and a better design.
Shane

Like I said, you have to remember that we are still new and a small business, really small. People have PM'ed me about things they have noticed(good & bad) with the hardware. I try to update the hardware to be better each time. Early bathches of the Bulu1 and Bulu2's came with 3mm threaded rod but due to the troubles of weak rod and kinda hard to source out we scrapped it. Now most Bulu2's that have gone out have recieved 4-40 threaded rod for the cross bars. I personally can't stand 4-40 or the standard measuring system...I highly prefer metric hardware and measuring.

It's hard to get a universal hardware to fit everyones needs. Some RC manufactures use metric(3mm & 4mm) while others use standard(4-40 & 6/32).
Old 03-24-2005, 04:23 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Yea, I know all about all these damn different size screws I ended up getting a whole bunch of 3mm stainless screws just for building things. I find that if you use stainless screws for that top piece, that it holds up much better then the all thread.

I am really happy that you (as a vender) take some constructive criticism. Not many people do (obviously, if you look at everybody else)

and mr rimontoyota dude, rims? yes, i figured you had some super bling 14s on it 19s? on a toyota? really, 19s? what is this world comming to
Shane

Last edited by paranoid56; 03-24-2005 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:24 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

oh, and bulu2 not started yet alex. no trany cases in just yet.
Shane
Old 03-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
I have decided I don't like the online directions, I did it for the Maxx SAS kits and turned out to be a real pain.
Exactly, when people spend hundreds of dollars on a kit from you guys they expect it to work without having to go back & forth trying to make it work. "The rest is up to you" I just don't like that. I'd like to see you guys give a paper copy of the directions with photos and measurements of what the buyer needs to do to make it work good.

The only thing I see that paraniod is talking about is I think he's saying that in a 1:1 vehicle the link geometry wouldn't work like it does in RC. Though the ideaology is the same the experience isn't. But hell after reading all this I'm so confused I think I'll go make a paper masche donkey.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:03 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
Exactly, when people spend hundreds of dollars on a kit from you guys they expect it to work without having to go back & forth trying to make it work. "The rest is up to you" I just don't like that. I'd like to see you guys give a paper copy of the directions with photos and measurements of what the buyer needs to do to make it work good.

The only thing I see that paraniod is talking about is I think he's saying that in a 1:1 vehicle the link geometry wouldn't work like it does in RC. Though the ideaology is the same the experience isn't. But hell after reading all this I'm so confused I think I'll go make a paper masche donkey.
Thats what I am saying. Dont get me wrong Toyo, I know this kit will work But I even went last night and bought some of the Alum. Angle.....same as yours, mounted it the same as yours and for some damn reason it binds up and wont flex far unless I leave one of the screws out of the upper link mount thats on top of the servo so that it can turn a little. I know this sounds wierd but I have set up mine just like I have seen some of the others and for the sake of God I cannot figure it out.LOL I understand that there are many ways to set it up but I think that there should be a BASIC setup. Ya know like using the pede tranny and the maxx links. Just a thought but then again you are not charging $150 for a chassis either but it would be really helpful and knock down alot of your post count.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:58 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Default Ok Ok!

I told myself I would not post tonight due to excessive Porter intake but, I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2 I LOVE MY B2.......
Phew.. that took a while to type!
Thanks again RCRockGear, and I'm stayin out of this because I'm biased (I LOVE MY B2! ).
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:26 PM   #35

Quote:
and yes, I also have a 1:1 rig, that I have wheel the piss out of, so please don’t talk shit about those, I am not some damn kid.
And yes, samis suck big donkey balls.
Shane
Then stop acting like a kid. If you have a problem/question/issue, then stick to that and address it with possible answers/suggestions for improvement, not just slamming others and talking crap. Yeah, I called you an idiot, but you made some really imature statements with nothing to really back them up. I tried to include alot of info, first hand knowledge/experience and suggestions to help out.

Oh, and if samis suck so much, how did I manage to win a CALROCKS event with one??

Isn't the internet SO much fun??

So, to make this post tech related, here's another suggestion to improve articulation. My upper shock mounts are just mounted with metal bushings. I believe Toyo and several other actually use some rubber tube for bushings which allows for some flex, which improves the articulation.

Last edited by sh996; 03-24-2005 at 09:30 PM.
sh996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:58 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Since I've been used as a source here; I figured I'd chime in.

Yes, the links on the B2 are freaky. Yes, I'd rather see the uppers flat, and then you'd get less sway on articulation. Yes, I think its wrong how it is. Yes, parallel links would be better. Yes 19" rims on a truck is gay. Yes yotaonrims should care what I have to say, because I'm way smarter than he is. But even then, ANYONE can teach you something you don't know.

But do I think the Bulu2 could perform much better? A bit. Its weird, but it works very well. RCs are not real trucks. They are entirely different beasts. Not all 1:1 rig dynamics apply to RCs. They give a good guideline but they are the same.

I would like to see a B3 with the upper links flat, I think it would solve a lot of problems, namely:
Less sway on articulation
Higher roll center
Rig would sway less on sidehills because the roll center would be higher (I'm 99% sure I've got the terminology right, correct me if I'm wrong)

But basically, pushing on the middle of a rim should NOT cause the suspension to articulate; but it does because there is not enough vertical separation at the chassis. I also think the uppers should be a hair longer than the lowers, to keep the pinion angle better on articulation.
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
First off Dave, I see where your coming from, and yes your right, but i said F that to the 4 link and did the 3.

My truck, may be gay in your terms, but in my terms, it's pretty effin awesome. Now in my terms, your vehicle might be gay. It's whatever your into.

By the way, didn't we have a thread in chit chat how the put downs and laughin at other peoples things needs to stop?...yea once again...YOUR DOING IT!
I also provided factual evidence at the same time. Its not *just* bashing. Its giving you a hard time while also proving a point. We're all about giving people a hard time. If you consider what I said bashing; you're in the wrong place.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #38
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
Yes yotaonrims should care what I have to say, because I'm way smarter than he is.
I don't consider this bashing. I consider this as being egotistical on your part, which IMO is worse.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:39 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

SR5, I like what you were tring to explain.

I would love to see a post on 4 link theory & design.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 03:36 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
I don't consider this bashing. I consider this as being egotistical on your part, which IMO is worse.
I was just being an ass; because its what I do.

Fishmaxx; I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about, maybe after looking into it a bit more I'll do a writeup..

rims; some people are just smarter. I don't know if I am or not. I'd say I know more about links, but my comment was just me being an ass :-P