Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: Help with Bulu

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

I just put one together also, and I think its just bad geometry on the chassis, as the upper and lower links on the axles are a lot farther apart then on the chassis. It still works great with the bad link geometry. So, just run it as is.
Shane
paranoid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2005, 06:29 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92YotaOnRims
dude...if the geometry was bad...Toyo would not have sold over 50 bulus...he has proven that this chassis is at it's best...if you think the geomety is bad...lets see you make a batter chassis...if you mount your links right...there isn't a better geometry...so yea

Maybe instructions and EXACTLEY what is needed would help.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
instructions aren't an option for link placement on the axle...as there are many different setups...just got to be creative...i'll post a picture in a little of what i have done and i have good results...
That's bull,

You're not a RCRG rep, how the hell would you know if it's an option or not?

Not trying to bash RCRG but the "wanna-be" bulu reps are getting annoying
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:54 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Dude, are you retarted or just dumb? YUGO would have not sold 100,000 cars if they didnt have a great product
i said it was bad, and it is. i am sory if you dont know what geometry is. i also said it works for what it is. but when you flex it, just like the other guy pointed out, the axles goes out of center a lot, way too much for a tlt.

Shane

Quote:
dude...if the geometry was bad...Toyo would not have sold over 50 bulus...he has proven that this chassis is at it's best...if you think the geomety is bad...lets see you make a batter chassis...if you mount your links right...there isn't a better geometry...so yea
paranoid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:13 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56
Dude, are you retarted or just dumb? YUGO would have not sold 100,000 cars if they didnt have a great product
i said it was bad, and it is. i am sory if you dont know what geometry is. i also said it works for what it is. but when you flex it, just like the other guy pointed out, the axles goes out of center a lot, way too much for a tlt.

Shane
gease, what do you have stuck up your butt today? obviously he's doing something right since it's the best production tlt chassis availble. lots and lots of testing went into this chassis design there is probly a reson that the links are'nt parallel

Last edited by mike; 03-23-2005 at 11:17 AM.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
besides...theres no way you can have your links parralell and have it flex the best it can...
Toyo is right, but you dont even need to be posting on this. You aparently have no idea what your talking about. I am not saying they need to be paralle because the pic that toyo posted proves that wrong. But look at the gecko you can get way over 90 degrees and guess what..........the links are parelle.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
and also...do you see the 7th picture on this page (or the last...page 4)...paranoid...your the one thats dumb...really...if you look at picture 7...how can you call his link angles crap?...thats 90 degrees of flex...most people don't have that...and you think you can call those angles crap...i remember toyo saying he can get a little over 90 with that setup...i GUARANTEE...you can not get over 90 degrees of flex with parralell links...and if you think you can...proove me wrong...but until then...TOYO'S setup is the best you can have!...period
This pic shows your wrong.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #8

I know I'm relatively new to this site, but I wanted to jump in and give my .02 worth.

paranoid256, you are just plain, outright, WRONG in saying the links should be parallel. Obviously you really don't know what your talking about. I've been into 4-wheeling for over 10 years, and in the last 6 years I've been into rock crawling and fabrication. I've been in 3 regional CALROC's competitions and finished 4th and 1st in two of them. My current rig, a samurai, runs a custom 4 link rear suspension and 3 link front suspension with 35" krawlers.

So, from all that I can say that based on experience in the 1:1 world, you can have an infinate number of ways to set up a 4 link suspension. Their are several variables that change with every change in chassis, wheelbase, tire size, suspension type, etc, etc, etc. Several winning competition rigs, including my samurai, run with the links NOT parallel. Some people swear by the set-up where the links are mounted on the same vertical plain at the chassis. Other factors you need to look at are squat/anti-squat, COG, and roll axis just to name a few.

Go with what most the guys here are saying and experiment, set it up and if it doesn't quite work, try something different. If you want it to perform like Toyo's rig, then copy his set-up exactly.

I am also running a Bulu2 chassis, and I can say it doesn't flex nearly as much as Toyo's. Why? Because I set mine up differently, my links are mounted slightly different on the axle than his, my wheelbase is 1" shorter so that it would fit the body I run without any trimming, my shocks are different than his, etc, etc. I'm very happy with my TLT. The Bulu chassis is just that. ITS A CHASSIS, it's not a complete rig, its not a suspension set-up. In my opinion it is the best chassis out there for what it is and how it works and what it uses ('pede tranny, etc).

So, before you show how little you really know about link set-ups and suspension geometry, do some more homework.

Last edited by sh996; 03-23-2005 at 01:17 PM.
sh996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:29 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

you like posted wayyy to many times in a row there
pinkfloydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:38 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Default Wow....

This is a pretty heated thread. :-) There is some truth to the fact that those angles are crap if you compare them to a parallel linkage on paper. However, I know that there has been a lot of R & D into this rig and all the Bulu chassis to warrent respect for what they can do. I've found that there really is no right or wrong way to setup one of these rigs (and by one of these I mean all R/C crawlers). It's really just a matter of trial and error. If that linkage setup works for his rig then great, why trash the design if it works?

While where thrashing Toyo however.....Where are your lower shock mount stops? :-) Just kidding -
kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:53 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloydman
you like posted wayyy to many times in a row there
HEHE, he knows how to get that post count up. He has 70.....and just think he has only been here for 23 days.LOL But yet he knows SO MUCH.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:59 PM   #12

Quote:
i know i posted a lot in a row...but i kept reading his post and getting more comebacks...
yota, wheres your rig?
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:02 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty
yota, wheres your rig?

Still waiting.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #14

Quote:

i'm by no means new to this crawler deal...started crawling last may when i got my TLT
didnt say you were new to anything, just wanted to see your rig. ;)
gotta love the bulu.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:05 PM   #15
I joined the Band!

Lookin good Rock! Gotta love Toyos work don't ya!

STOP ARGUEING AND THRASHING TOYO!!!
Toyo is alot smarter than you and if you argue about him and dont have his chassis then dont argue about it just cause the looks ITS LOOKS AWESOME!
I am buyin one As soon as i get money Im only 13 But I know alot about rcs not much about crawlin Also I think thsi thread went to crap 4 pages ago
VMGcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
o still waiting...is that funny...considering i have posted links to pictures...hold on...lemme get ya some!!!!..."hehehe"...and no i've been her longer then 23 days...been here since about december or so...just not a member...
Ok, good. You have a BULU, now why not post pics of your setup 20 post ago instead of thrashing and covering a thread with usless post. If you would have just posted pics to begin with none of this would be here. Anyway, it doesnt matter what chassis you use on the 4 link setup.....they can be paralle. I think the main reason toyo mounted them where he did was so that you could use the stock maxx links....I could be wrong though. But which is right Yota.....did you just join in Jan like you said in the other post or did you have to rejoin like you said in the last post? No big deal either way. More or less I am trying to make sure that I am not talking to a 12 year old kid that doesnt know anything about setups. Nothing against you just tired of thinking I am talking to a adult that knows alot about them just to find out that I am talking to a kid that doesnt know squat. No hard feelings.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

this is kind of like the antisquat thread but with kids or something suspension geometry is serious business if somethings off you will notice especially on a small rig like a tlt if we would of seen some pics of the bad rig setup im sure a anwser would have been come to real quick instead of in 6 pages
SuperDuty97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

and actually...i'm 15...but have been in the hobby for about 7 years or so...yes i know people think i'm some stupid little kid...and i can say it's not true...i don't know many other kids my age that have the talents of being involved in R/C...and i know you have perceptions of all teenagers...there dumb...can't afford the best things for R/C and throw stuff together and it doesn't work good at all...but i know a lot...i've had many R/Cs...and the pede tranny you seen in this Bulu...is about 7 years old...as this was the first real R/C i had...i'm not super rich...but i have enough money and income to have fun in the hobby and do things...and have a parent that actually supports my hobby...and thats where most of my money comes from...if it wasn't for my mom...R/C would not be in my life...

now i know that i sound like i don't know tons about crawling...but i've studied TONS of pictures of tons of setups...whenever i see a post that says it has pictures...i look at it...i may not be building this crawler to do competitions...but more for the fun of it...i know more then some people on here...but then again...also know less than some people...when you talk about all this geometry...i can see where your coming from and i know what your talking about...

me being a kid does not mean i'm stupid...i have more knowledge then some adults....my mom is a suprivisor of maintence and she has people that work for her that don't know much about fixing or working on anything...but yet they get paid to work on stuff that i could do...and do it easy...not saying things are passed down...but my mom has been a maintence person for over 20 years at a hospital and she has given me tons of knowledge of how to do things...that most people on here could not do...(no offense)...like working on air conditioning units and what makes a hospital run...i've been around a hospital since i was a toddler and have been learing things since then...but seriously...almost everybody on here that is older...thinks kids are dumb...i'm a kid...and i'm by no means dumb...you can talk to me like you talk to adults...i'm going to understand it...so don't go thinking i'm dumb...i have tons of knowledge about tons of things...

this long post mayb stupid in your point of view...and may not be tech...but i'm just trying to proove...that not all kids are really stupid...you don't have to talk to us in a special way!
Very good. In the post I was refering to kids that DONT know much about them that think they do. I know exactley where your comming from. I have been into R/C for 12 years. I started racing when I was 13 and I am 25 now. And believe me when I first got into Rockcrawling, there was probably more "KIDS" that showed me stuff then adults. But I do know that there is alot of kids on here that act like they know it all.

Nice rig BTW.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #19
RCC Addict

shut the f##k up.

now there is 7 pages of use less crap that RockCrawler has to try and read through to find the info he needs.

so if you dont have somthing usefull to say, then dont say anything at all.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:09 PM   #20
RCC Addict

um, most of this is you trying to prove that youve been a member for more than a month.