Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat > Chit Chat Classics

Notices

Thread: Some laugh, most don't...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 11:38 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Not to sound like a total ***, but Nova, according to your profile, you won't turn 16 untell this December. Which means your not even old enough to drive a car, so how could you be bumpin the tunes down at the local burger joint anyways? The only experience you probably have listening to tunes in a car is from the back seat of an older brother/sister, or a friends older brother/sisters car. You probably don't have a job to pay for the stereo equipment so mom or dad picks up the bill, or maybe you just save your christmas money. But hey, I don't really know your situation, so I can't really judge you, this is just the way it seems to me. (I don't sugar coat my thoughts, of course, that could be from living on my own since I was 15, and doing my time in the Marines. It's just easier to comunicate this way.)

Dude in the Gas Prices Thread you mention a Nova that ran for 10 years. That means you were 6 when you started driving. Is your profile screwed up or WTF man?

Last edited by Trailerguy; 08-31-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2005, 01:51 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg13x
This coming from a guy that has a Jensen stereo(with no install kit either). You can get better stuff than that at Wal-Mart.
I don't know if you can even get that low of quality at Walmart anymore. I don't think the head unit in that truck is even held in by anything more than its own weight. I feel sorry for anyone who takes any of this guy's advice.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
Some laugh, some don't, but the ones that don't know usually buy $60 Circuit City or Best Buy subwoofers...

nova's sub of choice....
Old 08-31-2005, 03:50 PM   #24
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty
maybe richard clarks grand national? that was the dominant rig in the mid 90's.
That's it! He ruled!
Old 08-31-2005, 04:03 PM   #25
06 Super National Champ

You know what I find funny?

When I can take a cheap $60 sub from Best Buy, put it on a cheap Best Buy amp, and have people swear that I'm lying to them when I tell'm that they're listening to factory speakers with a cheap Crunch 75Wx2 amp and a 10" Fosgate from Best Buy.

Some people find it hard to believe that my cheapie system sounds better than the one they've dumped loads into.

If you don't know what you're doing, the best equipment in the world isn't going to help...
Old 08-31-2005, 04:14 PM   #26
MODERATOR™

Okay, I was off with speaker size and locations by just a bit:

The SpeakerWorks Buick was "the winningest car" in IASCA's Pro division, according to Richard Clark. The system featured two 15-inch subwoofers behind the rear seat, and a 12-inch sub in each rear side panel.

Maybe it was:

Harry Kimura sold the car in 1995 to USD Audio, makers of the horns used in the award-winning Acura. USD, which is also owned by the Holdaways, uses it as a demo vehicle for trade shows.

"Yeah, it was kinda hard to sell it. I really liked that car. But it was time to move on to something else," said Kimura. He is now awaiting the completion of a new competition sound system in a 1987 Buick Grand National. The installer? SpeakerWorks, of course.

Either way, legends. The van, the hearse, the CRX, the fishtank Corolla...

http://www.termpro.com/showcars/terminator/ca1096.html
Old 08-31-2005, 04:51 PM   #27

omgf, i soooo remember the fishtank rig. that was when i was REALLY into car audio and read every mag front to back like 20 times. the next rig he built was a dodge pickup that was severely cool.

jia, i agree with you 100%. there isnt much difference between the same brands $100 set of components and thier $400 set besides the bragging rights of saying "I spent 400 bucks on those, dont they sound sweet?" (i learned this the hard way...)
Old 08-31-2005, 05:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
Either way, legends. The van, the hearse, the CRX, the fishtank Corolla...

http://www.termpro.com/showcars/terminator/ca1096.html
maybe its just the mullet man in me, but i'd SO HIT IT. (and not the dude...)
Old 08-31-2005, 05:30 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Are those stirrup pants????? Those were sweet for showing a little clam cleavage.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:40 PM   #30
MODERATOR™

Me too pal. ;)

Dave Rivera is apparently still at it. Just scroll til the pictres. Caution, NASTY car alert!

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthre...postid=2281008

SpeakerWorks cars! Oh I found them!

http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/

Old 09-01-2005, 02:47 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Please spend the time to read this post that I posted elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova on Carstereo.com
Let me tell you ****ers something, I don't really cuss at All, but right now I'm freaking pissed....
It's the hardest ****ing thing to try to make a decent install in a TEMPORARY vehicle!! I can't remove the glass seperating the cab, I can't cut holes in the door for a good flush install, I CAN'T EVEN buy an install kit for this truck, so before any of you jackasses tell me my system is crap, FIT IN MY SHOES! When I started here, I couldn't hear any bass from the back, I had a $50 wal-mart head unit, my sound quality was a $10 junker from SHUCKS!! 7 months and $450 later, my stuff is the loudest in southern Oregon without competition, my mids and highs are relativly good, and my head unit looks sweet(Even though it's a Jensen, BUY IT, and just TRY to break this thing) and my install is better than when I came here.

All you doubters, I'm looking for a Bronco as I TYPE! Then we will see a "Crappy" install, which sounds better than any newb can dream of (Before contradicting this remark, you need to listen to it...)
So JUST FREAKING BACK OFF!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerguy
Not to sound like a total ***, but Nova, according to your profile, you won't turn 16 untell this December. Which means your not even old enough to drive a car, so how could you be bumpin the tunes down at the local burger joint anyways?
Dude in the Gas Prices Thread you mention a Nova that ran for 10 years. That means you were 6 when you started driving. Is your profile screwed up or WTF man?
LOL!! This I find funny.

Maybe you didn't read right, the nova has NOT been running in 10+ years, one day, I looked over and thought about driving it some day and we pulled it out because the new house needed permits from the leach field, so my dad pulled it out from beside the garage and didn't see it while backing up one day and crunched the driver side fender. That is the point of which I recieved it, but I can't do anything with it untill other projects are completed.

The closest brother to me is 21, no way would I have heard something from him. My dad has been a Bass Player for 46 years, I spent my life growing up infront of his 18's at the dance hall. so assuming I have no experience is "Incoherent".

And although my mom wont let me do anything I can't take back, she does infact let me bump whenever we go anywhere.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The closest brother to me is 21, no way would I have heard something from him. My dad has been a Bass Player for 46 years, I spent my life growing up infront of his 18's at the dance hall. so assuming I have no experience is "Incoherent".
I did mention experience in a CAR, not at a DANCE HALL, but a CAR, we (including you) are talking about CAR stereo's, not DANCE HALL sound systems. So you have experiece listening to music, good for you, so does Bon Jovi, but if he installed a CAR stereo, I'm sure he wouldn't say that his is the loudest in Southern New Jersey. I'm saying you don't have enough experience installing and listening to CAR stereo's to make such a overwhelming claim, and to be thinking that only what you say and do is correct. There are plenty of people in Southern Oregon that love to do nothing more than install and compete with CAR stereo's. I would be willing to bet, would even drive from Northern CA to see it, that if you went to a real CAR stereo contest, or cruised on a Sat. night in a town like Medford your loud CAR stereo would not be the loudest. You are young and less experienced than others, trust us older people that are speaking to you on this forum. No one is trying to take away the fact that you have built a great system with what you had to work with, we are just saying, be careful what you claim, because no one is the best, there is always someone better.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Please spend the time to read this post that I posted elsewhere:
It's just begging to be replied to...

Quote:
When I started here, I couldn't hear any bass from the back
And now you can hear the bass and the rattle...

Quote:
I had a $50 wal-mart head unit
Now it's a $70 Walmart-like head unit...

Quote:
7 months and $450 later, my stuff is the loudest in southern Oregon without competition
a) You got ripped off... b) Loud doesn't mean quality...

Quote:
my mids and highs are relativly good
Admit it, you know they aren't that good. From what it looks like, you were going for loud bass anyways.

Quote:
and my head unit looks sweet(Even though it's a Jensen, BUY IT, and just TRY to break this thing)
Compared to a Clarion or Alpine... NO. Even a Pioneer or Sony is nicer.

Quote:
and my install is better than when I came here.
Maybe so, but it ain't nothing to brag about. "I can put powdered suger on a piece of s***, but in the end it's still a piece of s***."
Old 09-01-2005, 04:36 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Trailerguy: I really respect that you show some positive ways to tell people they aren't the best.

I Thank most for constructive thoughts.

An if! I had the money, my system would contain:

Alpine 9877 (Can't think of it off the top of my head, but it has the finger glider)
Or
An expencive Eclipse head (Just cuz of those 8volt RCA Out's)

Rainbow Front/Mid/ and rear stage components

Orion D-class amplifier for

2 Digital Designs 3515 or 9515 and a sweet box...

How much I WISH I had $2000 to put into this hobby...

(^^^ Excuse my incompetance, I've been having MASSIVE Brain farts...)
Old 09-01-2005, 05:12 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Trailerguy: I really respect that you show some positive ways to tell people they aren't the best.
I Thank most for constructive thoughts.
An if! I had the money, my system would contain:
How much I WISH I had $2000 to put into this hobby...
(^^^ Excuse my incompetance, I've been having MASSIVE Brain farts...)
Thank you, and if you are really serious about the car stereo hobby, then someday you'll have all that stuff. 10 years from now you'll think back about this thread, and think about all the little tricks you learned over the years, and realize what everyone is saying. I'm 27 and my priorities have sure changed throughout the years, and so will yours. Ask anyone, over time things like car stereo's won't hold a candle to what you will want, like your kids 1st bicycle.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #37

That is very true Trailerguy!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Ask anyone, over time things like car stereo's won't hold a candle to what you will want, like your kids 1st bicycle
but i don't have kids, so..... more stereo gear for me mwuahahahaha...

jk..

tg is right

bdr
Old 09-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #39
R.I.P. Chip

1. Didn't we already have a funny thread ripping on Novas "system" before?

Yes we did, it was one of the funniest threads ever on this site.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ghlight=system

2. I got a new sig...
Old 09-03-2005, 12:31 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
2. I got a new sig...
It's very true, and my moms favorite song thats on the top 40's list is Fell Good Inc. by Gorillaz... Very very very weird...