RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat Classics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat-classics/)
-   -   Some laugh, most don't... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat-classics/15043-some-laugh-most-dont.html)

Nova 08-30-2005 11:22 PM

Some laugh, most don't...

Some laugh, some don't, but the ones that don't know usually buy $60 Circuit City or Best Buy subwoofers...

Thought some of you guys might get a kick out of this, so here's something I find enjoyable.

http://www.carstereo.com/forum/showt...ID=21317&FID=7

The last post is what I am refering to.

Mad Scientist 08-30-2005 11:38 PM

Are you talking about the cat metaphore? I must be missing something...

Nova 08-31-2005 12:11 AM

The cat metaphore?!?!?! Ah hell, I thought I was being unique!! WTF! replace cat, with subwoofer, and everything you want it to do...

AdamF 08-31-2005 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
I must be missing something...

Ditto

Nova 08-31-2005 12:24 AM

Some people don't read correctly or don't understand, but I explained it at the bottom

EeePee 08-31-2005 12:51 AM

It's hard to read your sentences, and be taken seriously when you mispell the simple words. Pretty incoherent too.

It's just constructive critism, as you seem to want to be a bigwig there, as you were one of two with an avatar, and felt the need to belittle everyone by insisting they were all confused. Not to mention trying to call someone out.

Just my 2 cents, and likely why it isn't really all that funny.

Man, I remember I used to read Car Stereo Review, last mag I looked at one of those some guy just put horns under his dash, had two 10 inch mid basses in his rear deck lid, and two 15s or 18s. Can't remember where the car was built, but it dominated for a long time. Used pro audio type slider 31 band EQs. Can't think of who it was.

Trike Kid 08-31-2005 12:55 AM

I didn't think it was that great myself.

AdamF 08-31-2005 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova
Some people don't read correctly or don't understand, but I explained it at the bottom

I completely understood what you said, I just didn't find any HUMOR in it.

EeePee 08-31-2005 01:03 AM

I guess I put too much into that then... :flipoff:

TwistedCreations 08-31-2005 04:35 AM

and this all comming from someone that thinks Pioneer 6.5" 3-way speakers are the best sounding speakers :roll: If your system is the loudest in Oregon, I really feel sorry for the people there then.You probably think those are the best sounding, cause from you still having your rear slider window in and not having it all connected or a walk-through and with that cheap *** cap, you probably hear nothing but a bunch of rattle crap.I would seriously hate to hear it. Talk about needing alot of Dynomat.BUt hey, my first system I ever installed when i was 16 looked like yours, I just wouldn't have been pround enough to post pics like that, then keep talking of how bad *** it is....But ya never know i guess, I thought my 4 pioneer 12's, running off my 2 Orion 2150 amps was bad *** ;-)

bigdogrod 08-31-2005 05:23 AM

i was kinda confused on the whole cat/ dog thing... and what's up with the "hot dog down the hall"? i got a chuckle out of that tho

as for subs.. i just have a little JL 12w3v2d2 in a stealthox.. powered by a sony 780 bridged mono

bdr

microgoat 08-31-2005 05:37 AM

guys, when i was a youngun i had a fairly hot (for the 80's) car stereo setup and used to play it loud all the time. now that i'm over 40 i have tinnitus, a very annoying ringing in my ears that never goes away. kind of like having ILRCRC following you around 24/7. it blows.

not preaching, but you thousand-watters will have something to look forward to for sure.

Cake Eater 08-31-2005 06:40 AM

Quote:

Some laugh, some don't, but the ones that don't know usually buy $60 Circuit City or Best Buy subwoofers...
This coming from a guy that has a Jensen stereo(with no install kit either).:roll: You can get better stuff than that at Wal-Mart.

FrankyRizzo 08-31-2005 07:21 AM

The hot dog reference is from "Family Guy". Stewy is sitting next to a hooker and asked if she "still had tread on the tires or was it going to be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway".

now I love the quote, I just don't know what relevance it had to that thread.

bigdogrod 08-31-2005 07:54 AM

thx franky.. that makes the quote that much funnier now... i'll have to try that one out..

bdr

badhoopty 08-31-2005 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee
Man, I remember I used to read Car Stereo Review, last mag I looked at one of those some guy just put horns under his dash, had two 10 inch mid basses in his rear deck lid, and two 15s or 18s. Can't remember where the car was built, but it dominated for a long time. Used pro audio type slider 31 band EQs. Can't think of who it was.

maybe richard clarks grand national? that was the dominant rig in the mid 90's.

badger 08-31-2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee
It's hard to read your sentences, and be taken seriously when you mispell the simple words. Pretty incoherent too.

That was going to be my comment also.

I feel sorry for anyone who actually looks to Nova for car stereo advice. :lol:

JasonInAugusta 08-31-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badhoopty
maybe richard clarks grand national? that was the dominant rig in the mid 90's.

Exactly the guy I was thinking of as well.

I had a set of those Audio Control EQTs back in the day...pretty nice stuff.

Those days are long gone, though.

Trailerguy 08-31-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microgoat
now that i'm over 40

Man, your over 40, you are old. I read your comment and pictured Billy Madison sitting on the hood of his car blarring REO Speedwagon. :lol:

AdamF 08-31-2005 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
lol...had to post this. It's Nova's avitar over there on that forum....its BEGGING to be chopped!

Sweet mini-mullet by the way! :)