Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat > Chit Chat Classics

Notices

Thread: Yes you need an external bec

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
i had 2 servos stalled completely, i was inbetween rocks and couldnt turn and was trying to. how would a bec change that??? all it would have done is held the servos at stall point till i baked them or the pack went flat. never had a problem since that one time, and why, cause i dont stall both servos out, i learned what i cant do.

telling everyone that they must have a bec is complete bs. not everyone needs a bec, like i said, depends on the truck. i know plenty of people that dont run them and have no issue whatsoever. yes there is a place for them, and for comps your going to want to have one, however the average setup with an average servo and esc will be alright without it.

Excuses, excuses. Your welcome to not run one. Just like your welcome to piss on an electric fence. My advice would be to not piss on the fence. But you would just tell me how you have been drinking special water that does not conduct electricity and you can piss on the fence if you want. Go ahead. Just when you shock your yourself dont be mad when I am laughing at you because you passed on great advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
what is a BEC and do i need one on my scaler
click here
Lights and BEC

Then click here

Yes you need an external bec
Old 11-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Wut BEC four my AX-10. I'm knew here and really needs to know. can I get one at wal marts

can it handle hammer tires?

Old 11-18-2009, 05:52 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

what a great way to start my day. i needed a good laugh. BEC is on the list of needed parts
Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 AM   #25

So after reading all this... Is it a BEC that I need?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookiguy View Post
HAHAHA a mac user. you can change that if you want.
No thanks...I like not having a X.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1st3d5 View Post
No thanks...I like not having a X.
Yeah, if I paid that much for a computer I would convince my self that I liked not having a X
Old 11-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

LICK MY BALLS

:flip off:

LOL
Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #29
Suck it up!

Can I run a bec with another bec so that I am doubly protected?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i had 2 servos stalled completely, i was inbetween rocks and couldnt turn and was trying to. how would a bec change that??? all it would have done is held the servos at stall point till i baked them or the pack went flat. never had a problem since that one time, and why, cause i dont stall both servos out, i learned what i cant do.

telling everyone that they must have a bec is complete bs. not everyone needs a bec, like i said, depends on the truck. i know plenty of people that dont run them and have no issue whatsoever. yes there is a place for them, and for comps your going to want to have one, however the average setup with an average servo and esc will be alright without it.

well, if you had a BEC, you wouldn't have fried them servos.

if you can run a dig servo and a steering servo w/o issue, w/o a BEC, then your steering servo is pussified, or you have a HH TM ESC.

id still run a BEC.

go ahead and dont run one

then they'll all laugh at you
Old 11-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #31
RCC Addict

You guys are turning my legitimate tech thread into a Joke.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #32

new to the hard core rc world with an ax10. keep reading about people adding bec to there electronics. what is and what benefit would it add to my truggy:?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #33
RCC Addict

So I'm running a Novak Rooster Crawler esc with a tp MG946R steering servo, a venom micro servo from my remote diff lock kit on my creeper and a hitec hs225mg mini servo for my dig. These servos hardly ever work at the same time and said esc has about 5-6amp internal bec. The hitec and venom micro servo uses about 300ma, I'm not sure but the mg946r can't use much more than 1.5-2amps at best, so all in all thats about 2.5 - 3 amps so I don't see the need for one with my setup but I could be way off base here, I am a newb.
I do know it would be "safer" to have a cc bec but I have spent alot of money and can't get one right away, I don't want to put my Creeper on the shelf though because I don't have a external bec only to find out I never needed it in the first place with my setup.
Thanks.
Edit, I was just reading up on the 10a cc bec and it states that the servo connector is only rated for 5amps and it should be upgraded if using more than that.

Last edited by kurtus; 11-18-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Can I run a bec with another bec so that I am doubly protected?
Yes you can But just like with condoms, you wont feel much of an improvement.

What about UBEC? Can I run a UBEC without an external BEC or do I need an internal BEC in conjunction with an external BEC that connects to a UBEC?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #35

i just ordered mine. thanks for the advice.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
So I'm running a Novak Rooster Crawler esc with a tp MG946R steering servo, a venom micro servo from my remote diff lock kit on my creeper and a hitec hs225mg mini servo for my dig. These servos hardly ever work at the same time and said esc has about 5-6amp internal bec. The hitec and venom micro servo uses about 300ma, I'm not sure but the mg946r can't use much more than 1.5-2amps at best, so all in all thats about 2.5 - 3 amps so I don't see the need for one with my setup but I could be way off base here, I am a newb.
I do know it would be "safer" to have a cc bec but I have spent alot of money and can't get one right away, I don't want to put my Creeper on the shelf though because I don't have a external bec only to find out I never needed it in the first place with my setup.
Thanks.
Edit, I was just reading up on the 10a cc bec and it states that the servo connector is only rated for 5amps and it should be upgraded if using more than that.
Sorry to intrude on this "tech thread" , but, You can always email tech@teamnovak.com with your question, during regular CS hours. Before emailing, take a moment to review the instructions (trouble-shooting guide) originally included with your Novak Item:

Novak Instruction Downloads

Quote:
Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ warranty claim?
~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ rotor (old/new)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc
The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

We believe the external BEC is so important for most crawling applications, we include it free with our Goat 3S escs and Systems.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We believe the external BEC is so important for most crawling applications, we include it free with our Goat 3S escs and Systems.
but they still need a CC BEC
Old 11-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:

with the BEC the servo's won't stall so easy, you REALLY need a CC BEC.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #40
RCC Addict

So whats a BEC??? everyone says I need one...

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat-classics/211365-yes-you-need-external-bec.html
Posted By For Type Date
Modelsport UK Forum This thread Refback 02-25-2013 11:01 AM
Status Updates - Modelsport UK Forum This thread Refback 02-25-2013 11:00 AM