Notices

Thread: Yes you need an external bec

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
basicly what im getting at is its not needed
Again your wrong. See the first post. But I digress, I think you should not run a BEC out of principle. Even though you are completely wrong, you are willing to argue just to see your words on the internet. BRAVO.

I on the other hand want to help people. To many people ask the same question. I answered it for them. I might even save them money and heartache in the long run. But you, Young Padawan, should learn on your own. As a matter of fact. I hereby ban you from owning a BEC.

And just in case you did not read the entire thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We believe the external BEC is so important for most crawling applications, we include it free with our Goat 3S escs and Systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
This is why you need a BEC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32SNVXklxxs

Can't do that with a normal ESCs internal BEC. I would say that 90% of crawlers using more than 6 cell nimh or 2 cell lipo will need a BEC, it is the most common problem I am emailed about.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
This is supposed to be YOUR tech thread $#*&bag, but you have NO tech! Just a bunch of rambling that says YOU NEED A BEC. Tech is TECH, not opinion. Holmes atleast provided you with some reasons they were needed on comp rigs. There ARE out of the box crawlers that perform well and don't have them but this is YOUR thread, are YOU smart enough to prove what you believe? Facts?
And not once did I say anything about "COMP" crawlers not needing them or suggest I know better than they do. AGAIN, something that you made up with no facts, but I'm flattered that you think I know better.

"Funny thing about the internet, You can say what ever you want and someone will believe you." - Steve Jobbs.

So did you find a rig in the top 10 that did not have a BEC? Yeah, thats what I thought.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #63
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
Yep. I run 2 BEC's on my 2.2
I meant should I run one bec to power the other bec. Like BEC2.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknuts View Post
So did you find a rig in the top 10 that did not have a BEC? Yeah, thats what I thought.

Actualy I won a handfull of super comps with no bec........
Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #65
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Unfathomable!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #66
RCC Addict

You only need a BEC if you're running a steering servo capable of outputting over 300 oz., safely. (And yes, even that size is a bit weak these days)

Anything less is just playing in the yard.

I also believe this thread is weak with a lack of resources by it's author to back up his/her facts.
Just posting a thread to yammer your opinion and annoyance from newbie questions......................................... .........

oh sh1t!!!!! this is chit-chat...............carry-on.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Again your wrong. See the first post. But I digress, I think you should not run a BEC out of principle. Even though you are completely wrong, you are willing to argue just to see your words on the internet. BRAVO.

I on the other hand want to help people. To many people ask the same question. I answered it for them. I might even save them money and heartache in the long run. But you, Young Padawan, should learn on your own. As a matter of fact. I hereby ban you from owning a BEC.
im not wrong, and ill prove it. axial sells the ax10 rtr, all you need is a battery pack to run it. does it come with an external bec??? no, it doesnt. do you need to purchase and install a bec to run the crawler??? no you dont. can that $30 you would spend on a bec be spent on better things for a rtr?? i can think of a few thing to greatly improve its crawling ability. now if one of those upgrades include a hitec 7955 (for example) then yea, id reccomend a bec.

i dont say stuff to see my words on the net, honestly i have better things to do. you on the other hand seem to be forcing your opinion on people. the idea that everyone needs a bec is your opinion, and opinions are like !@#holes, everybody's got one. if you were to write a real tech thread you would write about when a a bec is needed, what issues it will clear up, and what bec's are out there and will do the job the best.

and i should learn on my own??? i have. been doing r/c stuff for more than 10 years now and ive learned with everything ive done. ive built kits, not bought rtr's, i problem solve when i have issues. i work stuff out myself. however like anyone ive been stumped on something, and i ask questions and usualy get a whole bunch of people that are half right on the issue, and i have to put enough info together to work it out. i might not sit down a write tech articals, there are enough others that do that.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepindoug View Post

i also believe this thread is weak with a lack of resources by it's author to back up his/her facts.
Just posting a thread to yammer your opinion and annoyance from newbie questions......................................... .........

Oh sh1t!!!!! This is chit-chat...............carry-on.
bingo!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Unfathomable!
And against 3 super class world champions to boot.....
Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #70
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=Sharkey;2113173]im not wrong, and ill prove it. axial sells the ax10 rtr, all you need is a battery pack to run it. does it come with an external bec??? no, it doesnt. do you need to purchase and install a bec to run the crawler??? no you dont. can that $30 you would spend on a bec be spent on better things for a rtr?? i can think of a few thing to greatly improve its crawling ability. now if one of those upgrades include a hitec 7955 (for example) then yea, id reccomend a bec.

QUOTE]

actually the stock ESC in the rtr and rtc is only one amp just like yours, i've seen several people ask why thiers stall out and acts funny with the stock servo. then report back that the BEC fixed thier problem. underpowering equipment is just as hard as overpowering it. so if you wanna burn stuff up fast go ahead and don't run one. or i guess you could run a rx pack since your so scared of the little blue wonder.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #71
Suck it up!

Quote:
And against 3 super class world champions to boot.....
Inconceivable!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Inconceivable!
Lol, never gets old.

Last edited by Ripperfi; 11-18-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:

Not at worlds this year. I was there, did not see you. I think you might have been part of the group who was throwing a tantrum about the fact it got moved and did not go.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not at worlds this year. I was there, did not see you. I think you might have been part of the group who was throwing a tantrum about the fact it got moved.

This is true, I had good reason. How did that end up turning out by the way?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #75
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperfi View Post
Lol, never gets old.
Timeless!

Quote:
How did that end up turning out by the way?
I heard that everyone involved were respectful, considerate, and oozed good sportsmanship.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 11-18-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Im not sure, but does this have the beginnings of a CC classic?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I heard that everyone involved were respectful, considerate, and oozed good sportsmanship.
;)

I'm looking forward to this year, I wonder where it will be located at? One way or another I am building a new super just for the occasion.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #78
Suck it up!

Quote:
I'm looking forward to this year, I wonder where it will be located at? One way or another I am building a new super just for the occasion.
I heard its gonna be in Idaho. For no other reason than spite.

I'll be happy just to get my super rolling again.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I heard its gonna be in Idaho. Just to piss everyone off.

I'll be happy just to get my super rolling again.
The Ocoee would be an awesome place, I know it is always a blast at ECC. Plenty of parking to.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Since I decided to jump on the bec bandwagon my question is this, would it be better to use my roosters crawlers internal bec for my dig and remote diff micro servo's and use the cc bec to run my steering servo..... or just use the cc bec wired to the cc wiring diagram to power all three servo's?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat-classics/211365-yes-you-need-external-bec.html
Posted By For Type Date
Modelsport UK Forum This thread Refback 02-25-2013 11:01 AM
Status Updates - Modelsport UK Forum This thread Refback 02-25-2013 11:00 AM