Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat > Chit Chat Classics

Notices

Thread: Rcc Website Soap Opera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #601
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
Sooooooooooooooooooo, how's everyone doing?

Did we all get our panties unbunched?
Some one needs to slap you for bringing this back from the dead.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #602
R.I.P. Chip

So did anyone get any new cool shirts at the nats?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #603
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
No and can't seem to order any at the moment. :-(
Old 09-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #604
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Well, I'm just sitting here drinking a Tab and watching some Oprah reruns.

Did you hear that Paris Hilton was in jail and it seems to be doing fine now that she is out. She was a wily one (trying to pull a David Blaine), but they managed to stuff her back inside the jail, much the way one would put some indignant, crying toothpaste back in the tube. But now that she's quiet and settled, we have other things to talk about here at RCC. Fun things that I'd like to remind you about.

First off, there's my favorite pasttime: BBQing! Just to make sure you remember, until next Tuesday, Sept. 25th, you can enjoy a 20% discount from www.i2cancook.com . I know it sounds like I'm totally pimping this site out and it's because I am. The BBQ is really the embodiment of exactly what we try to dole out here at RCC. And my BBQed chicken is sweet.

Plus, the BBQ are just really, really cool. and I have one that gets me compliments every time I use it. Just enter the coupon code "Bacon" when you're checking out, to enjoy our fabulous, exclusive discount.

Also, I'm pretty excited to be announcing that I have another weekly radio spot to add to my resume. Woo hoo! This past Monday, I had my first gig with 96.7 KCMQ FM in Columbia, MO, in which I share my "BBQexpertise" with Jerry Olive on the air for about seven minutes or so. And I just found out that they stream the show on the Internet, so if you're ever interested in catching me live on the air, just tune in at noon central time (10AM PST/1PMEST) and you can hear me running my mouth.

Also, I've just recently read that No Doubt is gearing up to start writing some more music with their girl, Gwen. Now, I'm a humongous lover of No Doubt and all things Gwen, so this got me super-pumped when I read it. I even went on a minor bender of watching a bunch of little webisodes of hers, as well as MTV interviews. Yes, that's how obsessed I am. I'm even thisclose to putting on some red lipstick just because.

Oh, and I'd also like to give a shout-out to the blogger behind L.A. Can't Drive, for recently getting some hot press in the L.A. Times. One of my favorite pastimes is complaining about horrible drivers and I enjoy the feeling of communion I experience when I read passages like the following:
"It's bad enough that this town is riddled with old geriatrics that no longer have the reflexes or basic mobility to drive; yet for some reason you still find them behind the wheel endangering the lives of others on the road."
Amen. This rambling letter has come to its close. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #605
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
I did , wore it yesterday
Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #606
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadBoyBand View Post
I did , wore it yesterday
U hve sum piksures?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #607
Rock Crawler

Quote:

No:-( When you guys going to be getting hats for the RCC store? are they going to be the flex fit ones? A beanie would be nice for the winter too.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #608
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Well, I'm just sitting here drinking a Tab and watching some Oprah reruns.

Did you hear that Paris Hilton was in jail and it seems to be doing fine now that she is out. She was a wily one (trying to pull a David Blaine), but they managed to stuff her back inside the jail, much the way one would put some indignant, crying toothpaste back in the tube. But now that she's quiet and settled, we have other things to talk about here at RCC. Fun things that I'd like to remind you about.

First off, there's my favorite pasttime: BBQing! Just to make sure you remember, until next Tuesday, Sept. 25th, you can enjoy a 20% discount from www.i2cancook.com . I know it sounds like I'm totally pimping this site out and it's because I am. The BBQ is really the embodiment of exactly what we try to dole out here at RCC. And my BBQed chicken is sweet.

Plus, the BBQ are just really, really cool. and I have one that gets me compliments every time I use it. Just enter the coupon code "Bacon" when you're checking out, to enjoy our fabulous, exclusive discount.

Also, I'm pretty excited to be announcing that I have another weekly radio spot to add to my resume. Woo hoo! This past Monday, I had my first gig with 96.7 KCMQ FM in Columbia, MO, in which I share my "BBQexpertise" with Jerry Olive on the air for about seven minutes or so. And I just found out that they stream the show on the Internet, so if you're ever interested in catching me live on the air, just tune in at noon central time (10AM PST/1PMEST) and you can hear me running my mouth.

Also, I've just recently read that No Doubt is gearing up to start writing some more music with their girl, Gwen. Now, I'm a humongous lover of No Doubt and all things Gwen, so this got me super-pumped when I read it. I even went on a minor bender of watching a bunch of little webisodes of hers, as well as MTV interviews. Yes, that's how obsessed I am. I'm even thisclose to putting on some red lipstick just because.

Oh, and I'd also like to give a shout-out to the blogger behind L.A. Can't Drive, for recently getting some hot press in the L.A. Times. One of my favorite pastimes is complaining about horrible drivers and I enjoy the feeling of communion I experience when I read passages like the following:
"It's bad enough that this town is riddled with old geriatrics that no longer have the reflexes or basic mobility to drive; yet for some reason you still find them behind the wheel endangering the lives of others on the road."
Amen. This rambling letter has come to its close. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!
Your killing me.

I also love a great BBQ please share some of your recepts(sp)? so far my fav is a green chille double cheese burger with smoked peppered bacon and pepper jack cheese. I also like to cook the beans on the side grill with bbq sauce.
first I like to add a little Tabasco chipottle to the meat with a little bit of crubled crackers, Pepper, garlic salt, a papperica. I'll also add a bit of Coors to the mix just for taste. make them into patties.
I'll pile everything onto the plate for grilling. (I know BBQ and grilling are 2 different things)
I toss the patties and bacon on the grill. yes grill the bacon. mmmmmmmmmm
once they get a little two hot I'll pour some beer on em to simmer um down a bit. Flip and repeat.
Once they are just about done I'll put the cheese then the bacon another pattie and some cheese and green chile with more cheese to keep it on top the burger.
tost the buns on the grill. Assemble with some lettuce and tomatoe. Then devoure.

Mmmmmmmmmm I'm hungry:-(
Old 09-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #609
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post
Your killing me.

I also love a great BBQ please share some of your recepts(sp)? so far my fav is a green chille double cheese burger with smoked peppered bacon and pepper jack cheese. I also like to cook the beans on the side grill with bbq sauce.
first I like to add a little Tabasco chipottle to the meat with a little bit of crubled crackers, Pepper, garlic salt, a papperica. I'll also add a bit of Coors to the mix just for taste. make them into patties.
I'll pile everything onto the plate for grilling. (I know BBQ and grilling are 2 different things)
I toss the patties and bacon on the grill. yes grill the bacon. mmmmmmmmmm
once they get a little two hot I'll pour some beer on em to simmer um down a bit. Flip and repeat.
Once they are just about done I'll put the cheese then the bacon another pattie and some cheese and green chile with more cheese to keep it on top the burger.
tost the buns on the grill. Assemble with some lettuce and tomatoe. Then devoure.

Mmmmmmmmmm I'm hungry:-(
All sounds good except the for the Cuurs!

Get a good sized stock pot and add some chicken breast (5-6), 2 cans of low sodium chicken broth, 2-3 cups of your favorite salsa, a few cloves of minced garlic, lots of fresh cracked black pepper, a few jalapenos, and I like to add some extra onion.

Let it simmer for about 2 hours on the side burner until the chicken is falling apart.

When it's close to done (hour and 15 minutes or so), I like to grill some corn and/or bell peppers and then grill some flour tortillas.

Add some grated cheese, a little cilantro, sour creme, shredded red cabbage, and some Tapatio or some Chipotle Tabasco (good stuff!).

Serve w/ rice and beans.

Makes some for great burritos and an easy dinner!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #610
I wanna be Dave

mmmmmmmmm. Now I'm really hungry.

I couldn't find where I posted my recipet(sp) for Navajo Tacos. ?????

That sounds good for tonight.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #611
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
mmmmmmmmm. Now I'm really hungry.

I couldn't find where I posted my recipet(sp) for Navajo Tacos. ?????

That sounds good for tonight.

I read that, they sounded really good!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #612
I wanna be Dave

you guys got me hungry so i went to the kitchen and made me some quesidillas (sp?) with pepper jack cheese and refried beens with chopped green peppers! it was good!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #613
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I am doing great! I just popped my third top of unemployment and I think I will make it 4 before this day is through.
All of this talk of BBQ has forced me to toss a steak on the grill and the simpsons are on in 7 minutes.....

Last edited by slugzracing; 09-18-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:55 PM   #614
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
U hve sum piksures?
Sure thing boss man

Kind of hard to take pictures of yourself, but I tried, I kinda feel like a myspace fag though I have the "angle"

Doesnt matter though, cause I got mine in MOAB

**edit**
I think it would be better if miss TCS had one and modeled it for us ;)
Old 09-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #615
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sure thing boss man

Kind of hard to take pictures of yourself, but I tried, I kinda feel like a myspace fag though I have the "angle"

**edit**
I think it would be better if miss TCS had one and modeled it for us ;)
Now that's funny!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #616
I wanna be Dave

Look at the above pic and this one.. ???HHHMMM??
Could it be the same guy with longer hairj/k
Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #617
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Look at the above pic and this one.. ???HHHMMM??
Could it be the same guy with longer hairj/k
just because I like to listen to boy bands doesnt mean I play in one
Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #618
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekx65 View Post
No:-( When you guys going to be getting hats for the RCC store? are they going to be the flex fit ones? A beanie would be nice for the winter too.
Dude, please try and keep this thread on topic...

Did anyone chafe at nationals?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #619
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Dude, please try and keep this thread on topic...
Dude, This is the CHIT CHAT section.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #620
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:

Just an FYI we have a few of these shirts available, they were a limited edition run, they'll be up on the site once we get settled into our new offices.

Quote:
Did anyone chafe at nationals?
In the middle of the desert, climbing around on rocks all day in 90+ degree weather the chaffing is strong.

Of course you wouldn't know that, because for the second year in a row you didn't show up.