Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat > Chit Chat Classics

Notices

Thread: Rcc Website Soap Opera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

When you mess with the bee's nest that is RCC, your gonna get stung.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #82
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelChair View Post
Thats totally different and not what I am talking about...

Remember.... reality is only what YOU believe it to be.
Actually its not totally different, YOU are making it sound like that if a certain member is friends with a MOD he gets special privileges or gets away with whatever... and I can assure you, thats not the case.

so what you are saying is, that the thread on colquits surgery was so bad and because DJ and I are pals and I posted in the thread and didnt delete it makes me a bad moderator? Because thats the way I feel.

I talk with BD through PM all the time, I am looking forward to meeting him at MOAB and would consider him a friend already. He is also says what I think are a lot of funny things...however, some of his stuff is over the top and I am sure Jason and John can back the fact that durring my period of being a MOD here, I have deleted alot of his posts.

Just last week I closed a bunch of threads in the chit chat area, one was that one where the kid was doing donuts on the table with his rc from wal mart.. everyone started right away to beat up on him. I posted and warned everyone, handed out some infractions and locked the thread.

I gotta tell you, I have been personally offended by your thread...and Ill tell you this, if you think you can do a better JOB as you call it then I, then please tell Jason or John to replace me with maybe yourself??? Or someone that you feel more fit... obviously you are very opinionated and going back and fourth with you is going to get no where.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Some people think RCC is a buch of flamers and jerks, some people like the site the way it is, some people long for the old days. You will never make the site appealing to all three groups.

I like Rikpal, I'm sorry that he chooses not to hang out here anymore. I've been to other sites and find them boring. They have good tech and most of the members are familiar, don't get me wrong I'm not knocking any other sites. Just not exciting enough for me.
Thanks Grizzly.
I'm not one of the one who thinks "RCC is a buch of flamers and jerks".
I think there are plenty of GREAT builders and rigs here. I often find infos and inspiring things here, I just think over 13.000 members are too many to not control them and not to give them some more rules.
That's the part in which I agree with Wheelchair.

I think more than 85 posts in a day in this thread should makes someone think about it.
As lot of person said "if you don't like it go away" and that's a clear, simple and true point of view. I'm sure moderate this place is not so easy since it's so big, but

Quote:
Sad thing is, RCC is proud of its image.
that's something I can't agree and I think it's sad but it's true.
I'm 99% into rock crawlers, scale and extreme ones, I'm often into different forums, I'd like to post in a rock crawling dedicated forum, but the feelings here are not the one I feel okay with. The thing I find sad is that this could be a different place without loosing anything.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #84
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
No? Dude,it seems like you walked up on the RCC bonfire and threw a 55 gallon drum of fuel in it.Why can't you chill out.No one is trying to piss on your parade.

Why the hell are you attacking me for pointing out facts?

Get a life!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #85
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Jason said that I cannot participate in this discussion.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

and with the "get a life comment" the spiral starts...
Old 08-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
so what you are saying is, that the thread on colquits surgery was so bad and because DJ and I are pals and I posted in the thread and didnt delete it makes me a bad moderator? Because thats the way I feel.
It is funny you pointed that out. I saw a comment of his in another thread making a vague reference towards the vasectomy thread. It never dawned on me that the chit chat section wouldn't be an area to discuss one's vasectomy. In fact, I would go on to say considering how many people here have a vasectomy and talked about it, it was more than appropriate to let it stay.

Then again I don't have a problem with saying penis and vagina in public either.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Jason said that I cannot participate in this discussion.
Dam, and the only reason I read this whole page was to see what you had to say.
Thanks Jason!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Why the hell are you attacking me for pointing out facts?

Get a life!
Cuz' you get a life.You don't know me,and that keyboard is getting to your head.I said chill period.I was not starting anything with you.You're making yourself look like a complete "wheelchair" right now......

Phhhh get a life...rrrreal original.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #90
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
If I have pissed off the mods and you Jason, that was not my intention.

I am not pissed off.

Just understand, all the mods, and myself are all human we all make mistakes.

There is a very fine line between funny, and insulting. My line is different than yours, 1 mods line is different than anothers.

I personally think the word "poopy" is funny, you are obviously insulted by it. Does that make me immature, maybe so. Is "poopy" where we need to draw the line? I personally don't think so.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Is that because you are one of his friends? Or is it because you are special?

This is fun just like the old days. before this site that is so bad Started the hobbie that we all love.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #92
Adilynsdad too!

speachless...
Old 08-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #93

No, the sad thing is how many of you don't get what I have said and just twist it around to suit your needs.

I never attacked anyone.

And 1badjeepbruiser.... Your takin this chit WAY too personal...

I don't have a problem with any 1 moderator....

Certainly not you.....

This is not my site and I am pretty sure nothing I say here with have any change on things.

That was not my goal.

My goal with this thread was to see if anyone else felt as I do.

Obviously I'm not too far off base....

But the way you people twist things around.... Wow.

You guys say chill and relax.... I am... have been all day.... it seems everyone else is getting upset at the fact that I said there needs to be more moderation.

Jason and the other mods even agreed.

You guys act like this is a personal attack.
IT IS NOT.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #94
Built, not bought

Quote:
When I talked about the m715 thing, I was more upset at the others that felt that they needed to chime in with their 2 cents against him or against I think USMC and TOT. It was like you saying that gave them the permission to attack.

This is your site, you do what you want, that is how it is. I did not have a problem with that.

M715 asking what the 17 year old did was a pretty stupid when it was all explained in the video if he would have watched it...

But it was like you "released the dog's" on him. Maybe that was NOT your intention, but thats what happened.

I just think there is no reason for 80 posts like "MMMMMMMM bacon" or "I made poopie" or all of the sexual inuendo's going around from the older memebers.

Are you 9 years old or are you 45?
Because some of these posts posted by people who know better look like they came from a 9 year old.
One of those people would have been me.Do I regret it,no?I only do this after repeated stupidity.In my opinion,this site is just fine.I have no problem letting my 8 year old daughter see it.It's called parental control and TEACHING.If she sees something I don't feel is right,I either use the back button or explain to her that it might not be right for her.Do we need more mods here?Probably,but,do you have any idea what they work for?I made more money writing this reply than they do in 6 months.I have total respect for what they do and I sure wouldn't want their jobs.It all boils down to,in my opinion,if you don't like it,go somewhere else.

My 2 cents that won't be worth half that tomorrow.
Pat
Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I am not pissed off.

Just understand, all the mods, and myself are all human we all make mistakes.

There is a very fine line between funny, and insulting. My line is different than yours, 1 mods line is different than anothers.

I personally think the word "poopy" is funny, you are obviously insulted by it. Does that make me immature, maybe so. Is "poopy" where we need to draw the line? I personally don't think so.
The word poopie has nothing to do with what I am saying other then an example, I didn't really think some of the other example's would have been wise to post.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
One of those people would have been me.Do I regret it,no?I only do this after repeated stupidity.In my opinion,this site is just fine.I have no problem letting my 8 year old daughter see it.It's called parental control and TEACHING.If she sees something I don't feel is right,I either use the back button or explain to her that it might not be right for her.Do we need more mods here?Probably,but,do you have any idea what they work for?I made more money writing this reply than they do in 6 months.I have total respect for what they do and I sure wouldn't want their jobs.It all boils down to,in my opinion,if you don't like it,go somewhere else.

My 2 cents that won't be worth half that tomorrow.
Pat
Yet another post from someone who does not understand where i am coming from.

I can't believe how thick some of you are.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

nice touch badger
Old 08-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #98
RCC Addict

personally I don't care what kind of words people use, as long as it stays out of build threads/tech section! but when you flip through the pages on a build thread and all you read is "i made a poopie" or mmm bacon, or jerk your dad off, it's completely unneccesary. but I personally don't really care..maybe you could put something in the title that says "not safe for children" or something of that nature
Old 08-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Now that's funny!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #100
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Please continue, it was a false alert. Just gassy.