Notices

Thread: Rcc Website Soap Opera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #101
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '83 chevy View Post
nice touch badger
If the poopie thing was really the topic of this thread it would have been a LOT more funny....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by '83 chevy View Post
nice touch badger
X2
Old 08-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #103

I can see now I am dealing with the mentality of children.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelChair View Post
This place is starting to get on my nerves.

I am constantly loosing respect for this place.
you could always start a good bye thread.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

C'mon, lighten up a little. It's all in good fun.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 View Post
personally I don't care what kind of words people use, as long as it stays out of build threads/tech section! but when you flip through the pages on a build thread and all you read is "i made a poopie" or mmm bacon, or jerk your dad off, it's completely unneccesary. but I personally don't really care..maybe you could put something in the title that says "not safe for children" or something of that nature

Chit chat is chit chat... thats different.

But if I am checking out how someone made a scale highlift jack I don't want to read about someone being gassy or whatever....

Its a Childish humor that WAS funny when I was 13 but now that I have a house and family, I try to stay more focused on mature things.

So if a childish attitude is all the rage around here, whats the deal with rippin on the kids?!!

What would have been wrong with deleting m715's post and letting it be?

I just can not understand why you people are fighting me on this.
That was not my intention at all.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #107
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattburp View Post
Classic.............

Quote:
.....Damned mail box was empty again today, I had to do something.
Quote:
Please say again all after hello????

someone make the bad man stop
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #108
Adilynsdad too!

still speachless...
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

I have had reason to belong to many chat rooms.

I love Stocks and finance for example some of the best chats for those subjects will take you years to get established. If you want to learn something you sit quietly and wait for your hand out.....Not true here

This page is neither crude or immoral most people are kind and friendly, I've actually found this page to be funny, entertaining, sometimes personal but mostly informative. It's somewhat adult do in fact to the cost of the toys are out of the range of most children. But certainly not x rated or unfit for kids. Check out the evening news not only is most of what is reported spun, but it's about death and tragedy, starvation and illness if the bastards can find it that day. We sit there in he evening with our children and watch it now that's x rated.....Not here

I probably shouldn't post this because so many of you who I enjoyed here are taking huge withdrawals from each others emotional bank accounts. Unfortunately as humans the withdrawals are fast and deep and the deposits are slow. Chat rooms can be very cruel, crude, unfriendly, cliquey
BS places to spend your time.....Not here

Let's focus on what is happening here the birth and growth of a Hobby/Sport. Your Hobby/Sport you've created it nurtured it literally giving it life. Not only has your community done that but it has shared all it has learned given encouragement and sympathy. We are now at the beginning of the future of this Hobby/Sport the big boys are coming to play that's exciting. It's still not going to be easy but the hardest times are now behind. This site the people who conceived it, manage it and for each and everyone of us who for a small part of our day enjoy being part of it lets not loose site of all that has been accomplished.

I'm truly sorry I opened this thread.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 08-27-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #110
RCC Addict

not to contribute to the wrecking of wheelchairs thread, but I actually have to "#2" right now..
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattburp View Post
C'mon, lighten up a little. It's all in good fun.
Its not all in good fun when you drive away the people you are trying to attract...
Old 08-27-2007, 06:06 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hmmm, you'd think that after 34 people posting 108 comments you'd begin to think you are the one with a problem, especially if the word "poopie" gets your panties in a bunch.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

The mods, owners, and participants of RCC reflect the spectrum of different ages, attitudes, prejudices, beliefs, likes, dis-likes, and opinions and it makes RCC one of the better sites I frequent IMO.

Sure you can get your butt handed to you sometimes (and I have). Sure the hazing can be a bit extreme, and sure there are post, decisions, opinions, and actions that I don't not like or agree with.

Last time I checked, so did every other aspect of life.

You learn from it, better yourself, and move on.

W/ all that, RCC also offers the best information on crawling, great characters (BD, Rizzo, Badger, Unholy, ect...) that keep this place interesting and entertaining, and most importantly a place that is not run like a Nazi boot camp.

That's the problem I see w/ so much of our society, we're so worried about offending someone.

As far it being "family friendly", I don't have any problems allowing my 7 year old checking out RCC.

Is he going to see some slightly questionable content? Maybe. But w/ my guidance, I feel capable of explaining it to him if need be. I can't remember a thread that was so horrible here on RCC that I worried about it harming my son.

As for M175 and a few of the other, if they can't handle a little hazing on a Internet forum, they have bigger issues to deal with.

That's my 2 cents.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

IMHO, i think the mods are streatched a bit to thin, but stuff lke what badger did, that was just plain funny, it just all comes down to the persons perspective of what is acceptable, or not. i personally thought that poopie thread was funny, but kinda borderline, so i breazed through it, and never looked back, though i think the crap needs a little trimming, but i think a little fun, and poking someone keeps the site alive, instead of being so freekin boring as the traxxas forums, now if i said "chit" there, i'd be banned for 24 days, and if i did it again, i'd be banned, it's just too boring, needs alittle spice to it to keep it alive, instead of going stagnant.

and for those who can't read, here it is in 2 lines
the "fun" in moderation is okay, good for the site
but the more extreme stuff needs o be trimmed down.

Last edited by SnailMail; 08-27-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #115
Built, not bought

Quote:
Yet another post from someone who does not understand where i am coming from.

I can't believe how thick some of you are.
Do you really know where you're coming from?I thought I made myself clear.There are alot of idiots(or insert your own word here) lately.I can only be quiet for so long.And,as I said,if it's not to your taste,there is a lot of other sites to go to.
Pat
(the neanderthal)
Old 08-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Its a Childish humor that WAS funny when I was 13 but now that I have a house and family, I try to stay more focused on mature things.
More mature things like making little toy trucks and playing with other grown men playing with their little toy trucks?

Now I am confused.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
More mature things like making little toy trucks and playing with other grown men playing with their little toy trucks?

Now I am confused.
WATCH IT! they're not toys, and you do it too mr man
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M715ForLife View Post
delete this, you're gonna get owned
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #119
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M715ForLife View Post
Its pretty much me, TOT, and XR100 that get all the crap.

Of course were all kids.

I thought you were gone?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
There is this thing called freedom of speech.

What it means is if someone says something you don't like... TUFF CHIT!
YOU need to deal with it, Not them.
If I step on toes read the last part of the above quote.
I have to laugh every time I see the free speech card pulled on an internet forum. I spent several years moderating and administrating a very active forum with 15,000 members. I received many complaints daily from the usual 'he is flaming me' to 'I am leaving because someone said damn' and that is with trying to keep the forums cleaner than the barney show (and honestly quite boring). What people do not realize is that when they decide to join a forum they have to click a little check box that says this is a private forum and they have to abide by the rules set by the administrator, not make up new ones for other members to abide by because that person is easily offended.
Every forum on the internet develops a personality and just like the people you hang out with if you do not like their personality your best bet is to find someone new. Unfortunately people join forums without learning about its personality and then expect everyone else to change. This ends in one of two ways, the newbie just accepts what they see and learns how things work or they constantly spar with other members and staff trying to make things change until they cannot take any more and blow their lid or just leave.
Am I saying you should never voice concerns to the staff? No. What I am saying is that there are some battles that should not be fought.

When I first started reading at RCC I was a bit taken back by what I read and for that reason I did not join right away. Once I learned the personality of the old RCC I actually really enjoyed it. Things have since calmed down quite a bit and the forums are not as entertaining as they used to be because you cannot give your friends as much crap without someone freaking out. That said I think the staff here does an excellent job when you consider the personality of RCC.