Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat > Chit Chat Classics

Notices

Thread: Rcc Website Soap Opera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Default Rcc Website Soap Opera

This place is starting to get on my nerves.

Never on any other site have I seen so much lack of moderation.

I'm looking in the scale forum looking at what people have made for scale items...I run across a post that says "I made poopie"

WHY is that allowed? WHY is it cool to post stupid chit like that?
I don't want to be reading about someone's bowel movements when I am looking at scale items.

I bet I could go and point out OVER 100 posts that I would be very upset if my kid was reading. Yet it's called a Family site?!!!

Give me a break.

I am constantly loosing respect for this place.

The whole if your friends with a moderator, you can get away with whatever you want thing is really lame.

Its like a frickin soap opera.

The way everyone treated M715 is another thing that is not right.
Yeah, maybe he said some things that you didn't agree with.

Well as far as I know, MOST of us are in the United State's of America.
There is this thing called freedom of speech.

What it means is if someone says something you don't like... TUFF CHIT!
YOU need to deal with it, Not them.

EDIT** What I mean here is: In real life.... So Why treat people different here? I know its a private forum, but why treat people different because your online? Its a human being on the other end of the line.

As I have said before, it totally blows my mind that you adults can't ignore what a 13 year old has said.

Do you really feel good about yourself putting someone down?
If you didn't like what he said, WHY did you have to post something???!

If you feel good about putting a 13 year old down then there is something wrong with you.

EDIT**
This was not meant to Jason, but to all m715's fans.

I can not see supporting a site that I don't agree with.
So I am going to hold onto my $20 a year till something changes.

Go over to naxja.org and find me ONE post you would not want your kid to read. That is a family site. This is not.

With the attitudes of the guys in charge, I doubt anything will ever change.

Sad thing is, RCC is proud of its image.

Last edited by WheelChair; 08-28-2007 at 04:46 AM. Reason: CLAIRIFCATION
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelChair View Post
X2 I was once on depressants thanks to the members here. (cough thorsteenster/skankyjizzo/bd not so much but he helps)
Old 08-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
MODERATOR™

Quote:
This is something we are working on at the moment.

I come home from work at 4 pm Eastern time, and spend nearly two hours straight going through pages of posts. Then pretty much hang out and check out the site most of the night.

It's actually work to keep up with this place it moves so fast nowadays.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

IMO, If it's to much for the few mods that we have why not add more mods? Raptorman57 was telling me how much work it was to keep up with his forums, maybe RCC should add more mods to share the work load?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #5
I joined the Band!

thats the reason i havent bought a star yet. Ihaverespect for every single one of the adults on here, espesialy sp? the mods because i could just imagine what kind of bs yall have to put upwith every day on here. sorry for the stuff that im not spaceing my keyboard is ghetto

Last edited by xr100; 08-27-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishead1101 View Post
IMO, If it's to much for the few mods that we have why not add more mods?
That's part of what we're working on.

Don't forget guys, you can be a big help by hitting that little Report Post button.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Don't forget guys, you can be a big help by hitting that little Report Post button.
Does that really help? I thought maybe the mods would just get irritated if people went around reporting posts.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

There is also a time and place for kids to learn blurting out any BS isnt accepted. I think this place is a GREAT learning ground for that, but I know there are ppl who want to post but dont due to the fact that they might get flamed. I on regular occasion type a post but dont post it due to the fact its not 100% benefitial.

I think guys like Mike WK or something like that who are banned from PM's for whatever reason tend to learn quicker due to the fact that they are Harassed but it works out for the betterment of the community, not all 100% necessary but you can def tell there is a learning curve to whats what.

If your not comfortable with your kids being on here, dont bring them. THE INTERNET IS FOR ADULTS!!!!!!! Not just because of A$$holes on here but because if not moderated where they go they can attract predators and unwanted contact with adult material.

I agree with the if your buds with the mods statement and also believe the mods are allowed to react with their "PERSONAL" beliefs instead of taking a neutral standpoint. They are allowed the power to mute persons not edit the content.

I am by no means a moral leader but thats my opinion
Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
That's part of what we're working on.

I reported Two posts in my Thread of the 2.2 WC.

The mods post is still there saying how he is sick and tired of getting reports from there.

After only two reported posts.

Sounds to me like someone is sick and tired of their JOB.

I agree there should be more mods. The few that are here are spread thin.

The website has grown so much since I joined in October 2004, yet there are only a couple new mods.

I would love to see things straightened up and would not mind the role of a "Part time" moderator.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok_Dok View Post
There is also a time and place for kids to learn blurting out any BS isnt accepted. I think this place is a GREAT learning ground for that, but I know there are ppl who want to post but dont due to the fact that they might get flamed. I on regular occasion type a post but dont post it due to the fact its not 100% benefitial.

I think guys like Mike WK or something like that who are banned from PM's for whatever reason tend to learn quicker due to the fact that they are Harassed but it works out for the betterment of the community, not all 100% necessary but you can def tell there is a learning curve to whats what.

If your not comfortable with your kids being on here, dont bring them. THE INTERNET IS FOR ADULTS!!!!!!! Not just because of A$$holes on here but because if not moderated where they go they can attract predators and unwanted contact with adult material.

I agree with the if your buds with the mods statement and also believe the mods are allowed to react with their "PERSONAL" beliefs instead of taking a neutral standpoint. They are allowed the power to mute persons not edit the content.

I am by no means a moral leader but thats my opinion
THIS SITE CLAIMS FAMILY ORIENTATED! What don't you get???
Old 08-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc8541 View Post
I admit I didnt like M715 but I never replied to the good bye thread.

Exactly!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I can't help it if dumb arses bring it on themselves. Woe is me, feel pity for me, I'm leaving RCC because I can't read.
Don't even get me started on TOT, you bring on all your own crap. Blame your parents for bad genes.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #13
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
I reported Two posts in my Thread of the 2.2 WC.

The mods post is still there saying how he is sick and tired of getting reports from there.

After only two reported posts.

I agree there should be more mods. The few that are here are spread thin.

The website has grown so much since I joined in October 2004, yet there are only a couple new mods.

I would love to see things straightened up and would not mind the role of a "Part time" moderator.
So put the people you know you don't want to listen to on ignore. Then you won't have to see their post.

Why didn't you report that "poopie" post? We can't possibly catch everything. I don't look at every single post that's made on RCC. I already read through way too many threads that I have no interest in trying to watch for stuff. Help us out if you find a post you don't like.
Quote:
We do this moderation thing on our work/spare/free time, for 5 cents per day (a free star per year basically). It is not my job, I can't raise my family on the wages. I am typing this while I am at my job.

If we delete every silly post and remark that's made, just because it's not tech related then we kill what I feel made this board so popular, a place where people can have a little fun without being censored to death and sterilized.

Just so you know, I delete crap in an unbiased manner. It doesn't matter who it is. If I don't like it I delete it.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I paid too and there's a bunch of crap on here that these kids think is tech is just BS that I dont want to see.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I just wanted to point out that "acceptable" and "family oriented" are very subjective.

One could as easily point out that your use of "frickin" and "CHIT" are just another way to bypass the swear filter.

One could also say that you are currently flaming the mods as well as flaming people who can't ignore 13 year olds.

There is a lot of crap that happens on here... I particpate in a good deal of it. Some people need to be called out or the crap just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I agree that some people get away with things because of who they are, but that happens everywhere... part of life.

Report post button works well. If something doesn't happen to that post after you report it, most likely you read more into it than was actually there.

This place goes through stages (you should know as you have been through more of them than i have). Things get cleaned up, then things get looser. Some people stand out as deserving a kick every once in awhile and they get kicked. A lot of those people end up becoming decent members after taking their lumps.

Report posts, use ignore as you stated in another thread.

Prepare your kids how to react when they run up against questionable material. If they are on the 'net, there is a lot worse in a lot more places than here. If you try and sanitize them, they won't know what to do when they run up against it.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #16
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
This place is starting to get on my nerves.

I'm looking in the scale forum looking at what people have made for scale items...I run across a post that says "I made poopie"

WHY is that allowed? WHY is it cool to post stupid chit like that?
I don't want to be reading about someone's bowel movements when I am looking at scale items.

I bet I could go and point out OVER 100 posts that I would be very upset if my kid was reading. Yet it's called a Family site?!!!

Give me a break.

I am constantly loosing respect for this place.

The whole if your friends with a moderator, you can get away with whatever you want thing is really lame.

Its like a frickin soap opera.

The way everyone treated M715 is another thing that is not right.
Yeah, maybe he said some things that you didn't agree with.

Well as far as I know, MOST of us are in the United State's of America.
There is this thing called freedom of speech.

What it means is if someone says something you don't like... TUFF CHIT!
YOU need to deal with it, Not them.

As I have said before, it totally blows my mind that you adults can't ignore what a 13 year old has said.

Do you really feel good about yourself putting someone down?
If you didn't like what he said, WHY did you have to post something???!

If you feel good about putting a 13 year old down then there is something wrong with you.

I can not see supporting a site that I don't agree with.
So I am going to hold onto my $20 a year till something changes.

Go over to naxja.org and find me ONE post you would not want your kid to read. That is a family site. This is not.

With the attitudes of the guys in charge, I doubt anything will ever change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
So put the people you know you don't want to listen to on ignore. Then you won't have to see their post.

Why didn't you report that "poopie" post? We can't possibly catch everything. I don't look at every single post that's made on RCC. I already read through way too many threads that I have no interest in trying to watch for stuff. Help us out if you find a post you don't like.

We do this moderation thing on our work/spare/free time, for 5 cents per day (a free star per year basically). It is not my job, I can't raise my family on the wages. I am typing this while I am at my job.

If we delete every silly post and remark that's made, just because it's not tech related then we kill what I feel made this board so popular, a place where people can have a little fun without being censored to death and sterilized.

Just so you know, I delete crap in an unbiased manner. It doesn't matter who it is. If I don't like it I delete it.
Like Chris said, we do this stuff on our time in between everything else we have going on...hell as I type this I am at work OK...

Feeeeeeeeeeeeel Free to help out, since I get the feeling that if you were a mod you would save the fawkin day, and hit the report a post button...

as far as the scale section goes, I think that section runs pretty well, and if you ask badger, pigeon has been sick, so its just been me and Griz and Ep helping me out when they can.

and I am not sure where your getting this bias or who you know BS cause I moderate the site equally...

hell I bailed you out last week when you had a tard fawkin around in your thread. **edit** and I wasnt sick and tired of you reporting the post, I was sick and tired of the tard acting like a tard..

Rant off

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 08-27-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #17
06 Super National Champ

So it's a soap opera and wheelchair brings some drama.

Am I the only one seeing the irony in this?

Bottom line...we can't read every post that is made. If you see something, report it.

Easy.

Another point to be made. RCC is not a vacuum.

Say/do something stupid and folks will let you know. This isn't the place to act like an idiot and expect folks to pat you on the back for doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
and I am not sure where your getting this bias or who you know BS cause I moderate the site equally...
You mean like the time you booted my Nylint out of the scale section?

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 08-27-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #18

I think some of you are getting a little sour just because I tell the truth.

I don't care what you get payed, point is YOU ARE BEING PAYED TO DO SOMETHING. That is the definition of a job.

Don't give me the crap about stages and mods being sick.
Excuses are like a-holes everyones got one and they all stink.

If I wanted i could find posts from years ago that should have been deleted.

As far as the non biased deletion of posts... Do you really think I am that stupid? I see it all over.

1badjeepbruiser- ever since that post I have been hesitant to report anything. You should have been more clear in your post. OR JUST NOT POSTED.

I am not trying to get everyone all pissed off, just calling it like I see it.

You mods signed up for the JOB, so don't whine to me about having to do it!

If you are all spread thin, then shouldn't someone do something about that?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
So it's a soap opera and wheelchair brings some drama.

Am I the only one seeing the irony in this?

Bottom line...we can't read every post that is made. If you see something, report it.

Easy.

Another point to be made. RCC is not a vacuum.

Say/do something stupid and folks will let you know. This isn't the place to act like an idiot and expect folks to pat you on the back for doing so.

You mean like the time you booted my Nylint out of the scale section?
You completely missed all of my points.

I totally can not understand why most of you are missing what I am saying.

All I have said is the truth.

Last edited by WheelChair; 08-27-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:56 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

If this site really pisses you off this much,why stay? There were so many ways of going about this than the way you did.