Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 09 F-150

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

every year I sell x-mas trees. This job means helping the customer put the tree either in or strap it onto there car or truck. And I can tell you, There are far more suv's and vans being driven today than anything. I know because whenever someone comes to get a tree in one, I have to strap it to the top. Let me tell you, it is very annoying. I get maybe 3-4 trucks a day if im lucky.

I am ford all the way!!!! unless its a 70-72 chevy. That being said, Im not a huge fan of the new style F series. They look just a bit too square for me. Give me a mid-late 90's f350.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #22
Release your anger..

That looks like a major improvement over the previous models.
To bad it ain't a diesel.:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
I still prefer a new Dodge Ram.

Imagine a 1 ton 6.7L CTD version.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
I still prefer a new Dodge Ram.

Now there's a nice truck, I just wish there were pics of it with a regular cab and none of this crew cab/CLub Cab/Extended Cab BS. ANy iea what's with the center console that takes up so damn much of the trucks interior?
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
That looks like a major improvement over the previous models.
To bad it ain't a diesel.:-(

Imagine a 1 ton 6.7L CTD version.
You'll see a diesel in 2010. Current Rams up to 2008 will also be avail with diesels. There is also rumored to be a diesel option for the light duty Ram's as well... in a "V" shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Now there's a nice truck, I just wish there were pics of it with a regular cab and none of this crew cab/CLub Cab/Extended Cab BS. ANy iea what's with the center console that takes up so damn much of the trucks interior?
I think the regular cab will look bad ass. With a slightly taller cowl and that more aggressive grill =
I know what you mean by the console, but I think it looks a lot like a Titan interior.

And the only think I'm kinda iffy on is the new 5-link, coil sprung rear suspension. I hope there is an option for leaf springs.

Last edited by 2JSC; 01-13-2008 at 09:36 PM.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:56 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I do love that new Dodge Ram. Always liked their "Peterbuilt" stolen looks since they first did it. Now there Dakotas look like POO. The '09 Ram is refined just enough to be able to pull the current owners and new buyers, should do well.

I also read about that 2010 Cummins Turbo Diesel...sounds like a great engine coming our way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
I guess I'm missing your logic here. If Fords break down so much, why do people keep buying them? Around here I see Chevy's and Dodges towing boats and snowmobiles on the weekends, and usually some stuffed shirt going to and from the office during the week. I see Fords towing Bobcats and work trailers all week, and the boats/snowmobiles on the weekends.
What's funny is I live in Detroit, the Auto Capital of the world. Foreign trucks and cars are very rare compared to my trips to Vegas, LA, Florida. I will say I see the opposite happening right now as you claim. Seems what used to be a Ford market with the contractors and landscape/construction is turning to be about price since our state economy is dying. So I see as many Chevys or Dodges now in the mix.

Ford is what number on the Big 4 now?
1. GM
2. Toyota
3. Ford
4. Chrysler

Last edited by binaryterror; 01-14-2008 at 07:00 AM.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #26
Debunking old stereotypes

GM will soon be taken over by Toyota as well. but thats because of dumb ass Americans buying them like candy.
Might as well give our last major industry over to the Japs too. We're handing this country over to foreigners in every way possible. We're basically killing our own economy. I consider at least 50% of Americans to be about as bright as a 40 watt light bulb. What the hell ever happened to the "Buy American" campaign?? Or "Made in America with pride? Our love of getting shit cheap, is killing us. Walmart and their Chinese made shit. I'm glad I'm old enough to be dead before I have to witness the demise of the USA. Now all we need to do is elect Barack Ossoma to run us down even faster.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What the hell ever happened to the "Buy American" campaign?? Or "Made in America with pride?
You realize Japanese vehicles has less Chinese and Indonesian parts in them than the comparable US model, that includes trucks.

The Japanese unlike the lazy US manufacturers learned long ago people in the US market will pay more for a high quality long lasting vehicle. Japan has always fought with Chinese quality and thus avoids them like the plague in almost everything they make.

Ask Honda or Toyota why they will never extend warranties past 3 years, because they make a quality product that will last more than 3 years, more than 7, and most Japanese (Honda, Toyota, Subaru) all rank lower in ownership costs for repairs and highest in customer retention rates.

Wonder what all you "Buy American" freaks will be doing soon when the Ford Ranger is built and assembled in China, while all US sold Toyota Tacomas and Tundras will be assembled in the US by US workers.

Quote:
Now all we need to do is elect Barack Ossoma to run us down even faster.
Is this a racial prejudice you have against this candidate? PS, his name is Barack Obama.

Last edited by binaryterror; 01-14-2008 at 09:03 AM.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
You realize Japanese vehicles has less Chinese and Indonesian parts in them than the comparable US model, that includes trucks.

The Japanese unlike the lazy US manufacturers learned long ago people in the US market will pay more for a high quality long lasting vehicle. Japan has always fought with Chinese quality and thus avoids them like the plague in almost everything they make.

Ask Honda or Toyota why they will never extend warranties past 3 years, because they make a quality product that will last more than 3 years, more than 7, and most Japanese (Honda, Toyota, Subaru) all rank lower in ownership costs for repairs and highest in customer retention rates.

Wonder what all you "Buy American" freaks will be doing soon when the Ford Ranger is built and assembled in China, while all US sold Toyota Tacomas and Tundras will be assembled in the US by US workers.

Is this a racial prejudice you have against this candidate? PS, his name is Barack Obama.

I build Tundras everyday.They are built in the US only and they are 87% American parts? Can Ford or GM say the same? The one guy was talking about the "Jap" companies...what about the GMs and Fords being built in Mexico and Brazil?Are they still American vehicles?You can say what you want,but as long as Toyota pays me and 5,000 of my fellow American workers in dollars and not yen,I don't care what name they put on it.
jcnalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Might as well give our last major industry over to the Japs too. We're handing this country over to foreigners in every way possible. We're basically killing our own economy. I consider at least 50% of Americans to be about as bright as a 40 watt light bulb. What the hell ever happened to the "Buy American" campaign?? Or "Made in America with pride? Our love of getting shit cheap, is killing us.
Just a few comments for you...
1. If you don't like how things are going in America,feel free to leave it.
2. Are you included in that 50%? Because your intelligence is shining through with your comments.
3. "Buy American" or "Made in America with pride" ....how many domestic vehicles are actually domestic now? Hasn't GM and Ford moved alot of their plants outside the US? You mentioned the Tundra,well they are built exclusively in Indiana and Texas. I don't think it gets anymore "American" than that. The "Japs" must be doing something right,because GM and Ford are closing plants left and right putting American workers out of work.Meanwhile,the "Japs" are building new plants providing Americans with jobs.
4. As far as getting things cheap....I wouldn't consider a $40,000 Tundra cheap.It's like binary said,we are just spending more money on higher quality products.

Last edited by jcnalley; 01-14-2008 at 09:23 AM.
jcnalley is offline   Reply With Quote