RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Street Race gone bad. Bush BLVD Birmingham, AL (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/100691-street-race-gone-bad-bush-blvd-birmingham-al.html)

Rockcrawler 01-14-2008 10:49 AM

Street Race gone bad. Bush BLVD Birmingham, AL

If any of you heard about this or read it in the paper, here is the video. Thought and prayers go out to those injured and killed. :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_GI_6kqwE

Keep it on the track!

Another guy was shot after the race.....which is why I quit street racing. :x

ColquittCustom405 01-14-2008 11:38 AM

Open streets,HP,and novice drivers= a recipe for disaster....No way I would be in front of those cars...

JasonInAugusta 01-14-2008 12:18 PM

I read that the driver of the white car hit someone that was shooting video at the far end.

Driver of the white car was going to take the dude to the hospital, but the dude's friends shot the driver.

So the video guy and the driver are both dead.

Rockcrawler 01-14-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta (Post 1006550)
I read that the driver of the white car hit someone that was shooting video at the far end.

Driver of the white car was going to take the dude to the hospital, but the dude's friends shot the driver.

So the video guy and the driver are both dead.

I heard that but I wasn't sure. Both cars are white but one of them has a black flame or front clip.

I was supposed to go watch yesterday but I had to work. A few of my friends were there though. They said the line going down the street was fuel. I guess the impact caused the fuel cell or fuel line to bust.

One of the guys that I know said that he tried to tell the camera guy to move because there was a fence behind him. If something happened, he would not be able to get out of the way. The guys told him, "we got this". Bet they wish they would have just moved. :?

Rockcrawler 01-14-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 (Post 1006499)
Open streets,HP,and novice drivers= a recipe for disaster....No way I would be in front of those cars...

Either the driver or the owner of the stang with the black front clip is Evander Holyfields brother. I think he has been racing for a while. But yes I agree....keep it on the track.

Racer4Life 01-14-2008 03:43 PM

What's even more sad is to see people walking away. Not going to help the injured!:cry::roll:

TOYUTAH 01-14-2008 07:36 PM

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">holy freakin isht man! how stupid do you have to be to run cars with that much power on the streets? experienced driver or not cars with very much hp are gonna get loose on the street! fawkin idiots! that is terrible about the deaths though... i used to street race a lot but there was never built mustangs and crap, mostly lil civics and stuff that could barely spin the tires at all! haha stupid hon-duhs! :flipoff:
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

John Deere 01-14-2008 07:47 PM

Sometimes it happens to close to home. My prayers go out to the familys. Crazy how they can race like that and have such a big turn out and the police know nothing about it. Thats life in the fast lane I guess. Its not at all worth it.

bastard 01-14-2008 08:03 PM

That sucks I have seen some close calls when I was street racing but got lucky and never had anything like that happen. Growing up jason and myself used to go to the street races every weekend with our dads and the first think they told us was to never stand down track always stand to the side of the cars at the line. I guesse that is why.

mississippirocs 01-14-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Deere (Post 1007213)
Sometimes it happens to close to home. My prayers go out to the familys. Crazy how they can race like that and have such a big turn out and the police know nothing about it. Thats life in the fast lane I guess. Its not at all worth it.

Ive been to street races around here in the past where a uniformed cop got out of his squad car and got behind the wheel of the race car. When the race was over, he got back in the squad car and went about his business. Sometimes people need to use their heads for something besides a hat rack! When the money is high on the race, people forget about the risks.

shutupanddrive 01-14-2008 10:44 PM

payin the price for rollin the dice :|

chino63 01-14-2008 11:36 PM

That is sad. I used to street race and saw a few bad deals. That's what made me stop. Too many people too close to a dangerous situation. Unfortunate what happened and my prayers go out to those who lost their lives.