Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Need to vent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Need to vent

I assume most of you guys have rc vehicles other than your crawlers so you can understand where i am coming from. I got an rc18b in a trade a few months ago and decided to make it a little missle. I went with MIP super diffs, MIP cvd's, mamba 25 esc and motor, plethora of factory team upgrades and a 7 cell IB1400 battery pack from maxamps. I got it all assembled and took it out for a run. About 5-10 minutes into the run, my esc goes up in smoke. I unplug everything and the battery pack is blistering hot and the plastic has started to melt. I grab the battery and throw it into the dumpster to make sure it doesn't explode all over everything. I set the buggy to the side and chalk it up to a freak accident. Fast forward to last week. i decide to rebuild the car but i am going to go through the whole thing to make sure everything is perfect. I find that the drivetrain binds up when i install the differentials. i reshim it and try to find out why but i can't find anything. I look online and find where MIP sent out a bad batch of super diffs. I contact them and eustace at mip tells me they will ship me the new ones on monday. (last monday). I even write back to make sure and he says they were sent us mail. i am in texas (mip is in cali) and as of today i still don't have them. I just called mip and the guy there says they haven't gotten a good batch in but they are hoping to get one today or tommorow. So they never shipped period.

I am pissed. i have always thought mip was top notch but this is my last purchase from them.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Maybe the new shipment he planned to send to you also came in failed...ever think of that?

Maybe instead of sending you another bad set they are waiting to help you the right way.

Why is everyone only emailing anymore. You want good service pick up a PHONE.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i wouldn't be quite as upset but every reply i get is one sentence and thats it. Its not good customer service in my opinion. Don't tell me they have shipped via us mail unless they have. I know they have seen good shipments because the machining problem happened in october and others have gotten the correct ones in. i DID call them and thats when i found out they still hadn't shipped. Emailing makes a ton more sense than calling. You get quick replies rather than waiting on hold for someone to talk to and then get transferred around. 90% of my industrial orders are made through e-mail. Its time consuming and prone to error when you call.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

MIP rocks, I have never had a problem with them. All their stuff is awesome.

MIP fo life.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
MODERHATER™

666 is offline   Reply With Quote