Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Newbie heli pilot draven Flyin a blade 400

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #21
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
LOL...i'm still trying to get my CX2 to hover.....just got it a couple weeks ago ,but it's pretty cool....can't wait to be able to fly one like you guys are flyin
The CX2 will (should) hover if you let loose of the right stick.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #22
RCC Addict

i thought you were going to crash watching the video lol. i would practice hovering with the idle up at all times, it will be more stable and responsive to your inputs. before trying any tricks, i would make sure you can hover tail in ans nose in without moving the heli out of a 3-4 foot circle. for tricks i would say multiple hours on the simulator before you start trying it irl. thats a nice bird but replacing pieces will add up real fast. looks cool man i want to get one myself. in the video were you standing off to the right side or were you near the camera?
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
The CX2 will (should) hover if you let loose of the right stick.
oh yeah ...mine keeps going off to one side as soon as it leaves the ground ...so according to the manual i think i have to mess with one of the settings on the radio maybe

Last edited by TIMZKRAWLER; 01-22-2008 at 11:54 AM.
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #24
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
oh yeah ...mine keeps going off to one side as soon as it leaves the ground ...so according to the manual i think i have to mess with one of the settings on the radio maybe
Assuming you haven't messed with the gyro in the 3-in-1...

Center your radio trims and check the swashplate to make sure it's level both front to rear and side to side.

If it isn't, remove the servo arm and re-install it as close to level as you can (splines will have an effect on this, no doubt). Then adjust your linkages from the servo arms to swashplates so that the swash is level.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Assuming you haven't messed with the gyro in the 3-in-1...

Center your radio trims and check the swashplate to make sure it's level both front to rear and side to side.

If it isn't, remove the servo arm and re-install it as close to level as you can (splines will have an effect on this, no doubt). Then adjust your linkages from the servo arms to swashplates so that the swash is level.
thanks JIA...i haven't messed with anything on the copter ...i will do what you just said....again,thanks for the time and help
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #26
06 Super National Champ

No big deal.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoveride View Post
Got any new heli flights on video I know its been windy but its all good if it sticks in the ground you can dig it out

Yeah I have been flying in the wind but no videos the worst part about the weather isn't the wind it is the cold
draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_superman View Post
i thought you were going to crash watching the video lol. i would practice hovering with the idle up at all times, it will be more stable and responsive to your inputs. before trying any tricks, i would make sure you can hover tail in ans nose in without moving the heli out of a 3-4 foot circle. for tricks i would say multiple hours on the simulator before you start trying it irl. thats a nice bird but replacing pieces will add up real fast. looks cool man i want to get one myself. in the video were you standing off to the right side or were you near the camera?

Off to the right side of the heli and camera

I have put alot of time on the g3.5 simulator and cx2 Ifly it in and out of rooms thru doors anywere from 7 inches off the ground to 3 or 4 feet alot harder to keep it smooth when it is low to the ground I am taking things slow with the 400 do not want to push it Thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #29
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Good job I learned with a friend a few years back on Kyosho Nexus .30's we bought 4 of them and gave it a shot. Then Move up to a TT Raptor 50 SE

I never had the balls to fly the 50, I enjoyed putting the CX2 to much
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
Good job I learned with a friend a few years back on Kyosho Nexus .30's we bought 4 of them and gave it a shot. Then Move up to a TT Raptor 50 SE

I never had the balls to fly the 50, I enjoyed putting the CX2 to much
Thanks
Yeah I hear ya When I am on the simulator or messing around with other smaller Helli's it is not as bad but as soon as I throttle the 400 up I start 2nd guessing my abilities That is why I am going slow with it