Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: The new F body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Angry The new F body

Is anyone as pissed as me that they made KITT a Mustang? Why couldn't they of used the new Camaro..hell even the Malibu...just keep him GM.

New KITT
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I'm just pissed they're bringing knight rider back without the hoff. He made that show.
Just look what the hoff brings to the table http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Built, not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Is anyone as pissed as me that they made KITT a Mustang? Why couldn't they of used the new Camaro..hell even the Malibu...just keep him GM.

New KITT
They wanted a real car.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

They didn't use a Camaro because GM wouldn't give them one.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Died in the wool Blue Oval kid here...BUT it's just wrong that KITT isn't the F-bodied rig we all grew up with. Saw the promo and was like..."damn sellout"
DeaDShorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

just like when they made bumblebee a camaro. its just wrong. they needed to switch the two.
octigonwallrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #7

Stupid show being made into a stupid movie.
Mgoetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

They didn't use a Trans Am because there is no way to make money off of a T/A now that it's not sold new anymore. So bingo, KITT's a Me Too (Mustang). Alot of movies now only use certain products on screen because they are paid buy the product makers to have them there. Same thing with the Camaro in Transformers, why have an old VW Bug (which I would have preferred) when they can make money from GM by advertising the new Camaro? Sure this has gone on for years and years, but it's gotten worse lately in my opinion.

btw, "I'm Hooked On A Feelin'!" lol
Squid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:44 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
They wanted a real car.
Yeah they WANTED a real car and look they got some POS Ford. So g'hey that the new kitt is not a GM. Way to ruin it

Also heres my favorite song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgX-h...eature=related
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:49 AM   #10
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yeah its goona be a bummer. super persuit mode just wont be the same.
for that mustang to catch ANYBODY there gonna have to use a LOT of special effects and sped up film
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Ford would be a better company if the Ford family got out of the way.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

ford vs chevy i would have to say ford
mudslinger74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #13
RCC Addict

imho, both ford and chevy make junk. I'm not just saying that to ruffle feathers, I'm a mechanic and the best cars I think are consistently made by honda, toyota and nissan. So, I think kitt should have been the upcoming GT-R, or at least a 350z.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid121 View Post
....Same thing with the Camaro in Transformers, why have an old VW Bug (which I would have preferred) when they can make money from GM by advertising the new Camaro? Sure this has gone on for years and years, but it's gotten worse lately in my opinion.

Actually, it was the producers that went to GM asking for permission to use the new camaro. They wanted Bumblebee to have a tought look to him, and the new beetle doesnt cut it.

GM said sure, as long as all the autobots are GM vehicles.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yeah its goona be a bummer. super persuit mode just wont be the same.
for that mustang to catch ANYBODY there gonna have to use a LOT of special effects and sped up film
Or a lot of NOS.

I read the script for this series movie..it's gay-er than Jeff calling me for booty calls.Justin Bruening is Hoffs son? and he's helping his ex-GF get her dad back...he's the one that made another KITT.....
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
imho, both ford and chevy make junk. I'm not just saying that to ruffle feathers, I'm a mechanic and the best cars I think are consistently made by honda, toyota and nissan. So, I think kitt should have been the upcoming GT-R, or at least a 350z.
Now your just being dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger74 View Post
ford vs chevy i would have to say ford
This is not Ford vs Chevy. Read the thread before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Or a lot of NOS.

I read the script for this series movie..it's gay-er than Jeff calling me for booty calls.Justin Bruening is Hoffs son? and he's helping his ex-GF get her dad back...he's the one that made another KITT.....
And I thought I was the only one getting those calls.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Yeah they WANTED a real car and look they got some POS Ford. So g'hey that the new kitt is not a GM. Way to ruin it

Also heres my favorite song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgX-h...eature=related
Were you even alive when Knight Rider was on???
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Default Going to show my geekitude

Alright guys Here is my opinion on the Movie car being a Stang. In the Pilot show Devon Miles (old british guy) explains why KITT is a T/A. He is supposed to blend in with other normal cars on the road. Simply put the T/A is dead, and the Camero has not rolled off the production line. A brand new black Camero prototype would stick out like a sore thumb. From your posts I know a few of you would walk up to it in a dark alley and go "oooooooooooooooooooh" effectivly ruining a stake out. The mustang was the only muscle car available. There are only a couple thousand of them out there, so it looks like a customized dime a dozen car. I personally think they could have trashed a couple dozen more early 80s firebirds, but the studios don't care they just want flashy.
Thats right I brought obscure references to the Pilot episode, and now my secret is out...before I got married I was a Knight Rider Addict.

Knight Rider Addiction Is no joke, if you or someone you know Is a knight rider addict I urge you to get help. I did and now I rock crawl....daily....god I need a fix... OH CARP!
carcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Now your just being dumb.
Would you care to expound on that? Also, if you're going to call me dumb, you might want at least spell it right.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrafter View Post
Alright guys Here is my opinion on the Movie car being a Stang. In the Pilot show Devon Miles (old british guy) explains why KITT is a T/A. He is supposed to blend in with other normal cars on the road. Simply put the T/A is dead, and the Camero has not rolled off the production line. A brand new black Camero prototype would stick out like a sore thumb. From your posts I know a few of you would walk up to it in a dark alley and go "oooooooooooooooooooh" effectivly ruining a stake out. The mustang was the only muscle car available. There are only a couple thousand of them out there, so it looks like a customized dime a dozen car. I personally think they could have trashed a couple dozen more early 80s firebirds, but the studios don't care they just want flashy.
Thats right I brought obscure references to the Pilot episode, and now my secret is out...before I got married I was a Knight Rider Addict.

Knight Rider Addiction Is no joke, if you or someone you know Is a knight rider addict I urge you to get help. I did and now I rock crawl....daily....god I need a fix... OH CARP!
I'm sorry

That sounds like it makes sense, but like Squid said, it probably boiled down to who gave them more money. I know I would rather see a new Camaro.
max power is offline   Reply With Quote