Thread: Starting a scale build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Starting a scale build

Well I have wanted a crawler for a long time now, and I am going to build one

there's my model, I give 1bjb MAD props, that thing is awesome

So I have a few questions before I order some stuff

I will use the AX 10, and then the tcs scale chassis, past there imi not sure yet

I plan to use a 45 turn motor, not sure on the esc, but I have plenty laying around, a Hi tec 645 MG servo, spektrum RX.....

For shocks, im not sure yet, I like the hi lift shocks, but theres some really cool ones around, so any suggestions? I like these

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=566

And love these

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=506

The scale white shocks are cool to, but for 60 bucks, thats steep, and for now, I dont want to spend that much money (just for now =)

I want to use the same wheels and tires, unless anyone else has something to show me

Same bronco body, and I will probably get a soft top done also, and im *thinking* of using a savage bumper since I dont really want to make one:-P

And then for scale parts, I want a jack, a winch, and if there is one a tire rack, but I know the one used on his is to a old tamiya car and there rare....

Anything I am missing?

Thanks for the help

Last edited by Jo Mama; 01-29-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Jo Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
Sinking with the ship

If you are going to go with a scale shock, I would use the scale white shocks from rc4wd. Some people say they stick a bit, but I have had good results with the ones I have. Now that they have the shock boots they are 100x cooler.

The tire carrier is from a Kyosho pathfinder, extremely rare...I got lucky when I found that one and was saving it for the right truck. I have scene guys use Arms from some traxxas vehicles to replicate a tire carrier. Or trying brazing one up, its really not that hard to do with a lil bit of practice.

Definitely buy the ax-10 kit, I wouldnt recommend trying to build it up with out the kit, itll make life much easier.

For an ESC, I like the rooster crawler...if I had the cash thats what would be in it...but I think I may eventually put a marine ESC in it so I can sink the think like I do my chino clone because thats just fun

Unimoger sells the winches now, but they go fast, I would PM him to get a on a list.

Good luck with the build, be sure to do a build thread
1BadJeepBruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Different route for scale spare

I think that The Scale Shop has a tire carrier that will give similar results to the Kyosho one. I agree the Bronco is a bad Machine, I watched the build pretty closely. As I read this post I was thinking that this would be a cool way to see how someone could build a "Po Man's Bronco" as we all know bruiser is a bit of a Baller.
carcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I like those shocks alot, I will probably get some

I can weld/braze very well, I just dont want to, I know it looks cooler, its just I want to do
something my friends will want to do because there isnt alot of custom work (stuff they cant do lol)

carcrafter, yeah I saw that, its a bumper, with a tire mount, looks very nice!

Thanks for the help guys =)
Jo Mama is offline   Reply With Quote