Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Home for the sidewinder!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #1

Default Home for the sidewinder!

So i was browsing through HPI's website this morning and i think i found the motivation for the Castle sidewinder. http://hpiracing.com/kitinfo/10553/
Its got a home in HPI's Firestorm which now comes with a castle sidewinder and what looks to be a 5700 kv castle bl motor. just though ud like to know.
savageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Wtf is with the name? Flux? Looks nice but the name. Flux......*shudders*
CarbonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #3

I can't believe Castle would sell them Sidewinder systems allowing them to rebadge them and whatnot. Looks like a sweet truck though. I remember reading in RCCA that the Firestorm has an all metal tranny and they tested it with a Mamba in addition to its stock form and it worked really well, so I'm not surprised HPI is doing this. Should be a sweet truck!
|maniac| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by |maniac| View Post
I can't believe Castle would sell them Sidewinder systems allowing them to rebadge them and whatnot.

Why? Novak and Traxxas have had a similar arrangement over the years, it actually makes sense to me. Castle is going through some major growth right now, it makes a natural step in supplying electronics to a Major rc manufature. Look @ what Losi did with the Novak systems in their stadium off-road rtr and the rtr touring car. I'd expect to see much more of this practice.
DeaDShorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDShorT View Post
Why? Novak and Traxxas have had a similar arrangement over the years, it actually makes sense to me. Castle is going through some major growth right now, it makes a natural step in supplying electronics to a Major rc manufature. Look @ what Losi did with the Novak systems in their stadium off-road rtr and the rtr touring car. I'd expect to see much more of this practice.
It makes sense they'd sell them, but Traxxas gave full credit to Novak for the EVX. This is full rebadging selling them as their own.

I'd rather have a rebadged castle product in my car over something HPI made on their own, but I'm a little surprised Castle doesn't mind this.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by |maniac| View Post
It makes sense they'd sell them, but Traxxas gave full credit to Novak for the EVX. This is full rebadging selling them as their own.

I'd rather have a rebadged castle product in my car over something HPI made on their own, but I'm a little surprised Castle doesn't mind this.

If it is a Castle product I'm sure an agreement was reached between Castle and HPI. As long as the two manufacturers are happy...what's left to debate?

Do you really think that two large businesses can't work out a contract?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonShadow View Post
Wtf is with the name? Flux? Looks nice but the name. Flux......*shudders*

Come on man, maybe its short for Flux Capacitor. Maybe they'll make a Delorean body. Now that would be funny.
fast5xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
If it is a Castle product I'm sure an agreement was reached between Castle and HPI. As long as the two manufacturers are happy...what's left to debate?

Do you really think that two large businesses can't work out a contract?
They definitely are selling them to HPI at a lower price, but I'm just surprised that Castle is letting them rebadge them-I'm not debating whether Castle gave consent, I'm just surprised they did, ya know?

I'm glad they did reach an agreement though, having Castle products in an RTR is a great thing!

On another forum, someone mentioned that it might be the motor Castle claimed to be working on thats supposed to be much better than the CMS36 line. I'm eager to learn more about this!