Notices

Thread: "SHIPPING LOOPHOLE" Buyers beware

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFBERG View Post
"Better Business Bureau "

If you have exhausted all efforts of resolving a problem, these guys can make anything happen and those A-holes that say "sounds like your out of luck" ya well they start singing a very different tune after the BBB hands them thier ASS
BBB has no authority to do much of anything aside from make people think they do. They're basically a subscribe to get your name on a list and get a plaque to hang on the wall service.

The people who respond or rely on BBB don't fully understand what it is.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

every time I order from 1 particular business I check the tracking # and it says delivered to my house...yet I never get them. I finally figured out that for some reason my carrier sucks and he always returns it to the post office where it sits until I go in and make them track it down. Its not the business' fault, its the carrier. Dont waste your time calling claims offices, you need to go in and talk to the manager or the post master.

The thing I have yet to figure out is why its always items from only the 1 business, $20 part that fits in my mailbox goes back to the office, a $400 box of stuff they leave on my front step in the rain.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

[quote=jetboat;1052641]every time I order from 1 particular business I check the tracking # and it says delivered to my house...yet I never get them. I finally figured out that for some reason my carrier sucks and he always returns it to the post office where it sits until I go in and make them track it down. Its not the business' fault, its the carrier. Dont waste your time calling claims offices, you need to go in and talk to the manager or the post master.

Jetboat, you hit the nail on the head. I am going into the local PO today and personaly check with them. I have been dealing with a claims agent from who knows where.

As an update also I am now in contact with the owner of the Co. who is personally checking into the matter. He will hopefully get back to me today.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I feel a little sorry for the manufacturers that have to deal with sittuations like this. They for the most part really do a good job shipping us our merchandise. Then the PO screws up the delivery. We as consumeres have little or no recourse on getting things settled with the PO. So we go back to the manufacturer and ask for our money back or replacement items. Then things get blown up and we go onto the forums and flame the manufacturer.

For those who are wandering the name of the business that I am dealing with that is the reason I am not giving out the name at this point. We need to come up with a better way of making sure we get the stuff we order. I for one from now on will be having everything that I get shipped to me have to be signed for. Then hopefully if there is an issue I can go to the PO and have some recourse because it was not signed for by me.

I also agree that the "looks like your out of luck" comment from the shipping guy was uncalled for. I am confident the owner of the Co. will look into this and deal with it accordingly.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Is it possible the package was delivered and stolen by someone? If so, then their "self insurance" should cover that if that is indeed their policy. On the other hand, if it is was delivered and stolen and they did not claim they cover that type of problem, whos fault is that? Who should be responsible then?

Just wondering as a vendor myself peoples thought on this.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Is it possible the package was delivered and stolen by someone? If so, then their "self insurance" should cover that if that is indeed their policy. On the other hand, if it is was delivered and stolen and they did not claim they cover that type of problem, whos fault is that? Who should be responsible then?

Just wondering as a vendor myself peoples thought on this.
Strictly speaking, it depends on the vendor's terms of sale. If you ship FOB Origin, then the package is consigned to the carrier, but the buyer owns the package from the moment the driver touches it. If you ship FOB Destination, then the vendor owns it until the buyer receives it. All vendors in all businesses should make it clear to the customer when they take ownership of their goods. In most cases this is FOB Origin. Buyers should inform themselves about when they take ownership and when the vendor is no longer legally liable for the product or product damage/loss.

Vendor goodwill is something different and may be more flexible on a case-by-case basis. In my business my packages are high value so I pack them well, insure them, use UPS and FedEx and I ship FOB Origin on my customers account or I charge a small handling fee (less than $5) if I ship FOB Destination on my accounts.
JamboreeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

if the package tracking says it was delivered and the post office cant find it... then a police report should be filled as a stolen article. Then if the vendor is "self insured" they should simply ask for the police report and then replace the item. Just my 2cents of a proper way to handle it.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well I thought I should give everybody an update on my sittuation. Thanks to an awsome manufacturer they have taken care of the issue for me. After several conversations the owner of the company replaced the items that ended up missing.

On another note the local USPS store has been a little helpful. I did find out that on the date in question there was a substitute mail carrier. They have looked for any stray packages at the facility but have not come up with anything. They assure me that if they do come across it that they will call me.

One thing I have done to help combat against this sort of thing happening again is have my packages delivered to my work. I am here all day and my company doesn't mind if I have stuff delivered here. Also there is always someone in the office to leave it with that I trust to get it to me if I am not in at the time of delivery. Hopefully I have shed some light on this issue so that someone else doesn't have to go through this. I have been involved in R/C and getting stuff delivered to me for almost 20 years. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me and I hope it never does again.

The manufacturers do a very good job in getting our stuff shipped to us in a timely manner, and I thank them for that. It is for that reason I am keeping their name out of this thread. Even though they came through for me and sent me replacement items and I would love to give them a shout out.

So in closing I would like to thank R/C manufactures everywhere for the great service they provide us. To the shipping companies I hope we can get something in place to stop this type of thing from happening to others in the future.