Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: People who whine about what forum to use

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default People who whine about what forum to use

I think these people who immediately jump all over someone for asking a somewhat obvious question or maybe one that could belong in another forum are utterly pathetic. If you have nothing better to do but wander around the posts waiting to bash someone who is just trying to become more familiar with a hobby they enjoy you have a few other things to worry about first...like not being the next 40 year old virgin for one. This forum is about bringing people with a passion for this hobby together, not bagging on someone who isn't as familiar with the etiquette as you. My point, Lay Off!, this is supposed to be a place where people go to have fun and become more excited about RC, not get sent away for not typing the most intelligent question or asking about a subject that has been beaten to death. If you don't like what I'm saying then this message is addressed to YOU!
crawleR07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
Sinking with the ship

Attached Images

1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

So,it's O.K. in your opinion to post a question about bent links in a thread that guys are talking about a battery mount? O.K. dude. Thats one reason the search function is hard to use. Theres info scattered around like a bomb went off. THATS why the search brings up threads that aren't relevant to the key words.

You need to learn to take a little razzing boy. I'd make you a cookie but Mike already did.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

W.t.f.!!!!!!!!!

REPOST Newb..
CarsonWyckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Could this post be moved to the Get Over It forum?
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hey the best thing you can do is never start a thread about this subject.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Ok someone's obviously upset for some reason that i do not know but maybe we could help him out somehow instead of offering a cookie or making fun of his post?

i do kinda agree with him a little about those who have a habit of bashing the newbies. There's quite a bit of it in the forums. A little help or advice to move to another forum NiCELY goes a long way. It's alot better and decent than making fun of him. This isn't high school guys ;) Let's help em out, point em in the right direction. Save the worthless and pointless bashing posts for other forums.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
This isn't high school guys ;) Let's help em out, point em in the right direction.
You're right, this isn't high school. We expect people to act like adults and learn to look for themselves. We also expect them to try and communicate like adults.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Yes we expect that from all adults but not all adults are familiar with forum use or this forum. They don't know anything the first time they come in here. My point is, bashing or saying stupid comments that are pointless, such as the cookie comment, is a waste of time. If you feel like bashing someone, walk away and don't say anything. Why do you do it? (generally speaking, not pointing fingers at you) Does it make you feel good to bash a newbie or talk that way? I couldn't do that to someone. I'm always willing to help no matter what the circumstances are. That's just me. I guess some of you guys are different.

I work in an evironment where i deal with customers everyday, all day. They ask the same questions all the time but do i bash them or say nasty things? no, i help them no matter what. Of course being in a forum you can say whatever you want and just walk away and not have to deal with the person ever again but think about it as you type your worthless comments, you are making the person more frustrated. That's not nice. Just help em and feel good about it.

I am frusterated with this forum myself, not cuz of my experience but cuz of my buddy's. I recommended him to this forum so he could find information on building his WK. His first post was about how he searched but got no results. Some as$ decided to post a nasty remark and then give him a number of search results for his question. This replier didn't know that my buddy never used a search button before and didn't know what terms to use. He's a newbie and got flamed for it. Now after 1 post, he's a goner. He will not come back here. That's just wrong what the replier did.

that's all i have to say.

Last edited by muddeprived; 02-18-2008 at 09:48 AM.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

See this is what he is talking about. He posted a thread in Chit Chat expressing his rights and feelings about RC rock crawling. Then here came some jerks making fun of him. It's the childish un-adult pre-kid non-manner very-rude really-mean remarks buttfaces like you jerks make. Honestly I'm thinking about having this site shutdown for a good month. I think that would give people a chance to think about what goes on here. I know many "Big Wig" executives on this site and they listen to me. He has a good point. Enough with jerk-rude-uncool-non goodness-jerkness remarks and enough with unequal opinions!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
See this is what he is talking about. He posted a thread in Chit Chat expressing his rights and feelings about RC rock crawling. Then here came some jerks making fun of him. It's the childish un-adult pre-kid non-manner very-rude really-mean remarks buttfaces like you jerks make. Honestly I'm thinking about having this site shutdown for a good month. I think that would give people a chance to think about what goes on here. I know many "Big Wig" executives on this site and they listen to me. He has a good point. Enough with jerk-rude-uncool-non goodness-jerkness remarks and enough with unequal opinions!
OMG that was so funny. Thanks for making my Monday morning. Almost as good as this pic.
Attached Images

FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
Ok someone's obviously upset for some reason that i do not know but maybe we could help him out somehow instead of offering a cookie or making fun of his post?

i do kinda agree with him a little about those who have a habit of bashing the newbies. There's quite a bit of it in the forums. A little help or advice to move to another forum NiCELY goes a long way. It's alot better and decent than making fun of him. This isn't high school guys ;) Let's help em out, point em in the right direction. Save the worthless and pointless bashing posts for other forums.
furk ye I also agree with Rizzo! not that ive ever been bashed here...to be honest I have had a good impression since I have been a member...but its good that senior members such as Rizzo do give a fuk about it if there is unnecessary abuse is going on ...

Last edited by TheHeadHunter; 02-18-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: sexual frustration
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Does it make you feel good to bash a newbie or talk that way? muddeprived said something cool here
) Does it make you feel good to bash a newbie or talk that way?
i have always actually wanted to know the answer to that
i guess you gotta be a real shallow person to get off on shit like that right?
aether that or very young and stupid...and over the years i have realized that the world is equally made up of idiots to smart people...or the smart ones are stupid also for giving a fuk and thinking deeper ...so we are all a bunch of A-holes ...its very confusing and I cant find a good answer to this...
all i know is that your friend should be a bit more optimistic and forget about that dickhead ...he got unlucky thats all

Last edited by TheHeadHunter; 02-18-2008 at 11:53 AM.
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Heavy6Metal6 View Post
Does it make you feel good to bash a newbie or talk that way? muddeprived said something cool here
) Does it make you feel good to bash a newbie or talk that way?
i have always actually wanted to know the answer to that
i guess you gotta be a real shallow person to get off on shit like that right?
aether that or very young and stupid...and over the years i have realized that the world is equally made up of idiots to smart people...or the smart ones are stupid also for giving a fuk and thinking deeper ...so we are all a bunch of A-holes ...its very confusing and I cant find a good answer to this...
all i know is that your friend should be a bit more optimistic and forget that he got a bit unlucky to strike upon some across some looser
Exactly what he said.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #15
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo View Post
OMG that was so funny. Thanks for making my Monday morning. Almost as good as this pic.
That chick on the left is dead sexy...
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

These kind of threads go nowhere, it was started with criticism buy a member who thinks he has a axe to grind about how things are, have been and will continue to be.

Remember the wheelchair thread it went nowhere, this one is going the same place.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
You're right, this isn't high school. We expect people to act like adults and learn to look for themselves. We also expect them to try and communicate like adults.
I agree, sort of. I think many people forget that just because someone is good at fabricating a RC crawler doesn't necessarily mean they have a clue about forums, the Internet, computers, etc. I have been in the computer industry for a long time and the percentage of Internet savvy people of all ages is surprising still very low. They may be able to log on, get around and buy stuff, but that doesn't mean they understand forum etiquette or site navigation. Logging into a forum for the first time can be quite overwhelming, especially with as much information as there is on a site like this. There are definitely people that do not want to take the time to search and find the answer but there are also people that just don’t understand. Not because they are stupid but because it’s unfamiliar. Unfortunately you can’t really tell which type they are…
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #18
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Remember the wheelchair thread it went nowhere, this one is going the same place.
It went to chit chat classics
Old 02-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Its mostly the questions that have been answered already, and are in STICKYS that people get flamed for asking. There are too many threads to count that ask "how do i post pictures" and that question has been answered countless times and it is in a sticky. People just need to take a look around before they start posting questions.
CarsonWyckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #20
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonWyckoff View Post
Its mostly the questions that have been answered already, and are in STICKYS that people get flamed for asking. There are too many threads to count that ask "how do i post pictures" and that question has been answered countless times and it is in a sticky. People just need to take a look around before they start posting questions.
hahaha...

your user last name is Wyckoff

hahaha...

I want to change my user name to JackMeholf

hahaha...

Last edited by braceysdad; 02-18-2008 at 01:28 PM.