Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Civic forums? Any with out the retarted ricers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhog05 View Post
I think Honda=retarded ricer!
LOL you know I totally had the same point of view before I owned my first Japanese car.

I'm not a Japanese is better than _______ fan boy either.

Let me be the first to say here that Japanese automakers need to jump on this bandwagon called TORQUE. 200hp with 100ftlbs of torque is a joke. They are slowly catching on fortunately.
I am craving the day when Honda releases a car with a 4.0L dohc vtec v8 with 400hp and 400ftlbs with a 8000rpm red line. I bet they have one in their R&D department just waiting to be released on the world.
_BEN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I got mine

FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BEN_ View Post
LOL you know I totally had the same point of view before I owned my first Japanese car.

I'm not a Japanese is better than _______ fan boy either.

Let me be the first to say here that Japanese automakers need to jump on this bandwagon called TORQUE. 200hp with 100ftlbs of torque is a joke. They are slowly catching on fortunately.
I am craving the day when Honda releases a car with a 4.0L dohc vtec v8 with 400hp and 400ftlbs with a 8000rpm red line. I bet they have one in their R&D department just waiting to be released on the world.
I think VW is on top of that! With the W8's and W12's.
cyberhog05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Here is the thread where you were going to get a Beetle:
Is it worth it?

Here is a thread about your s-10:
a littl help with bondo..

Here is the thread about your Ranger and your Bronco:
1.1 qustion..

In this thread, you just bought a Mustang..........and reference your BII daily driver:
Bout some stang help?

In this thread, you are buying a Toyota:
goin to the 1.1 world..

In this thread, you got a Sammi for free:
goin to the 1.1 world..

Here, you talk about buying "another" Ranger:
Thinking about buyin another ranger

In this thread, you were going to buy a FS Chevy:
who's in to the full size 2wd chevs??

That is A LOT of vehicles for a 17 year old!!!!
lol we own a junk yard so we get a lot of junkers in..i try to fix em to drive..i have the fox the dime the sammy(whats left of it parted it) and my bronco II left..hehe.
mudhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
let me be the first to say that will never happen!
honda is all about fuel economy and emmisions. I'm sure they have a large displacement vtec engine out there but it will never make it into a car.
the acura NSX is the closest you will ever get!

and for the 200 hp 100 ft lbs thing... when your dealing with a large car you need torque but in a honda it's all about horsepower to weight ratio!

I am not trying to start an argument but when you build an 800 hp twin turbo camaro and then lose to a little civic on the dragstrip. you will learn to respect them!
Mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

try www.Tamparacing.com

i've been a member from day one in 2000 when we had only 15 members now nation wide we have over 10,000 members... lots of tech!

BTW this is my siR2 (1.6 dohc b16) swap 94 eg :

good luck with your import

Last edited by _Jason_; 03-06-2008 at 10:06 PM.
_Jason_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jason_ View Post
BTW this is my siR2 (1.6 dohc b16) swap 94 eg
You do know that there is no such thing as a 92-95 two door EG coupe? No matter where your car came from it will always be a an EJ. The 92-95 coupes never had a SiR designation either. I am sure honda would have named them the SiR if they put a b16a in it like you did though.

I understand that allot of people use the chassis code from their cars JDM cousin. ie calling an EH2(usdm Civic Si) an EG6 (JDM Civic SiR)
The JDM counterpart to your EJ is also an EJ. I think they both even have the same suffix number depending if you have an EX. USDM EJ1 = JDM EJ1

It is weird. Because Honda made a good number of four door EG sedans but the EJ chassis code was unique to the 92-95 two door coupes. Then every usdm (96-00) civic was EJ except for the 99-00 Si coupe that was branded with EM1.

You got something special.

Last edited by _BEN_; 03-08-2008 at 11:56 AM.
_BEN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #28
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BEN_ View Post
You do know that there is no such thing as a 92-95 two door EG coupe? No matter where your car came from it will always be a an EJ. The 92-95 coupes never had a SiR designation either. I am sure honda would have named them the SiR if they put a b16a in it like you did though.

I understand that allot of people use the chassis code from their cars JDM cousin. ie calling an EH2(usdm Civic Si) an EG6 (JDM Civic SiR)
The JDM counterpart to your EJ is also an EJ. I think they both even have the same suffix number depending if you have an EX. USDM EJ1 = JDM EJ1

It is weird. Because Honda made a good number of four door EG sedans but the EJ chassis code was unique to the 92-95 two door coupes. Then every usdm (96-00) civic was EJ except for the 99-00 Si coupe that was branded with EM1.

You got something special.
Cliff Notes:

It's a Honda.

The Honda crowd always cracked me up. JDM this, JDM that, can't even call the cars what they are on the American market.

The only engine model for an import I cared about was a 4G63T.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 03-08-2008 at 06:31 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
The only engine model for an import I cared about was a 4G63T.
WORD!

2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrighttt View Post

I am not trying to start an argument but when you build an 800 hp twin turbo camaro and then lose to a little civic on the dragstrip. you will learn to respect them!
That will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

The Honda crowd always cracked me up. JDM this, JDM that, can't even call the cars what they are on the American market.
Do you think we can get parts over nighted from japan?

Last edited by Shaun; 03-09-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

If you're building a Camaro with twin turbos and only getting 800 HP, you're doing it wrong. Or maybe you're doing it to a 2.8
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
A "Spoon engine" is a performance engine built by Spoon Sports who is a race team that originated in Japan and has been modifying Hondas ever since.

A "B16" is a Honda B-Series motor, with 16 telling you it is a 1.6L.

I don't know of any good forums as I quit messing with imports back in high school. But for sure, anywhere you go, you'll find retards.

Good luck.
actually a B16 is a Dohc 1.6 liter
lilbilly232323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I think there is a passion for cars and a passion for a brand. I am GM loyal! I have an 05 sierra single cab, with a magna charger, 3.73 gears and get some very suprising looks when I pass people up! It looks bone stock till I rev it a bit and let that sucker whine, that usually gets the funny look of the kid in the 240 sx, those have been popping up like crazy in my neighborhood. the thing hauls. I also have a 71 nova which im currently trying to get a 4.8 liter gm motor I got in a "Trade".

But I have owned a civic, and do I regret it, heck no! It was a fun little car and got awesome gas mileage. Parents have it now actually

there is just no way to compare two civics going down the street, as opposed to when my friends 02 camaro and my truck go it. both pushing almost 450+ hp to the ground.

As far as a forum, I never really got that crazy into the civic, I did lower it, slap on bigger wheels and tint it, but other than bolt on parts it was bone stock. Some of the imports look nice when done right, good luck man!

Last edited by nmanuel01; 08-27-2008 at 01:08 PM.
nmanuel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbilly232323 View Post
actually a B16 is a Dohc 1.6 liter
Did you really just bring back a stupid ass 5 month old post to tell us that?

Did you seriously search Honda on this forum? Or are you really board?
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:34 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

yes he did. been allot of post digging popping up. remember kids if it more than two weeks old let it die with some dignity.the only exception to this rule is. if it a thread about something that was talked about hits the market than it might be ok
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote