Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: sick of pre-orders/back orders?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default sick of pre-orders/back orders?

anyone else getting fed up with everything being "pre-orders only/backordered-shipping some time this century"? when there is obviously a HUGE demand for something..why not be prepared for it and actually be able to supply the demand....wouldnt that be better for everyone? you sell more parts=more money for you, and more parts means=we get them=we are happy as well...i didnt think crawling was that new that everything would be so hard to get..but i guess im really new to this as well so maybe its always been like this
severed701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
RCC Addict

OMG... Do you need a tissue?
Really, if you don't want to pre-order something, then don't. Wait for it to be released/available. What's the difference? Either you'll pay for it now, or pay for it later... It's the same money. And besides, sometimes the pre-orders are cheaper than when they are released.
I don't see why you have a problem... GET OVER IT!

Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

yeah giving someone my money so they can have it and do what they please with it while i sit and wait for my part forever is awesome!!! if a pre-order just put you on the list and then you paid when it was READY TO SHIP makes WAY more sense, and things being backorder and out of stock annoys me way more than a pre-order, cuz u are right i can just NOT pre order it...im good on the tissue, but thanks tho
Old 03-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed701 View Post
but i guess im really new to this as well so maybe its always been like this
Not to long ago, crawlers had to build/fab everything they used...........or alter existing products to meet their needs. There were no "crawler kits" or really, ANY RC products out there that were specific to crawlers. Crawlers were truly a "custom" aspect of radio controlled vehicles.

As recently as a year or so ago, this was how it was. Nowadays, so many people depend on the aftermarket to meet their needs/wants.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Keep it real

The problem with taking preorders without taking money is, a lot of the people don't come through when it's time to pay up, and the manufacturer is left holding the bag. If you don't want them having possesion of your money while you are waiting for the preorder, don't preorder....simply wait until it's in stock and available.....which will put you a lot farther out than preordering
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Many Customers I know like to Pre-Order somehthing and have the chance to have something before anyone else can get it. Then they get to show it off.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I hate bunnies too!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:59 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

yeah i understand why they need money with pre-orders....maybe i shoulda left that outta my post....its really backorders and out of stock that bugs me..i had to order from 5 or 6 different places and still didnt find all the parts i was wanting to order..sucks cuz it would be nice to order from one place to save on shipping (since usually its like 8 bucks to ship a part that weights next to nothing) 5 diff places you order from and ur at 40 bucks just to ship all the stuff...maybe im too impatient i duno
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
yeah i understand why they need money with pre-orders....maybe i shoulda left that outta my post....its really backorders and out of stock that bugs me..i had to order from 5 or 6 different places and still didnt find all the parts i was wanting to order..sucks cuz it would be nice to order from one place to save on shipping (since usually its like 8 bucks to ship a part that weights next to nothing) 5 diff places you order from and ur at 40 bucks just to ship all the stuff...maybe im too impatient i duno
Then don't order it, it's simple as that! I understand the pain when it comes to ordering everything from many different places, but if you were to order it all from one place, well, that would be to easy now wouldn't it!
mudrinner4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #10
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i never do preorders cause ya just never know what might happen.
however i do get inline first and preorder all the new rc4wd 1.9 tires
im first in line for the 2009 1.9 claws
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #11

WTF "Just dont order it" and be stuck on a rock! while some lucky bastard with a hookup walks all over you while your crawler sucks cuz backorder slips dont help you get over rocks if you strap them to your truck.

it seems like if you dont keep up on aftermarket parts you get left in the dust at comps cuz all your shits so old. so one person gets it and kicks your butt for 2 months until somone else can get that part (on back order/pre-order) that works better.

He admitted he has a choice on back ordering, but when they say there going to ship on the 20th of the month and then its the 20th two months later,,,thats BS!!!!!!!!!(I know hes talking about the VF dig that keeps getting pushed back) DONT PROMISE SOMETHING LIKE A DATE AND THEN PUSH IT BACK 5 TIMES, THAT WOULD AFFECT WHY SOMONE WOULD PRE ORDER! All you gamers know what im talking about waiting at the local game stop at midnight for your pre ordered game and not getting it.
MinotCrawlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #12
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinotCrawlerz View Post
it seems like if you dont keep up on aftermarket parts you get left in the dust at comps cuz all your shits so old.

If you can't buy it....BUILD IT. What do you think crawlers have been doing since 2004?

Quote:
He admitted he has a choice on back ordering, but when they say there going to ship on the 20th of the month and then its the 20th two months later,,,thats BS!!!!!!!!!(I know hes talking about the VF dig that keeps getting pushed back) DONT PROMISE SOMETHING LIKE A DATE AND THEN PUSH IT BACK 5 TIMES, THAT WOULD AFFECT WHY SOMONE WOULD PRE ORDER!

So,you'd rather them put the product out even though it doesn't pass their own quality control????? VF is working hard to bring us a quality product. Doing that,requires a very strict quality control that will catch anything that might lead to failure before it gets to the public. I think if I was gonna buy one,I'd rather wait until it's ready and been tested enough to know it'll be a quality product.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
The problem with taking preorders without taking money is, a lot of the people don't come through when it's time to pay up, and the manufacturer is left holding the bag. If you don't want them having possesion of your money while you are waiting for the preorder, don't preorder....simply wait until it's in stock and available.....which will put you a lot farther out than preordering
X2....if you dont' like em then don't pre-order.

EDIT: That said, I don't ever pre-order because I'd rather wait with the money and if I see it somewhere else sooner, then I buy it right then and there.

Last edited by Natedog; 03-29-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #14
RCC Addict

It looks like I'm one of the few that hate to pre-order anything also. I've been ripped off to many times to trust anyone. We get offers to per-order products all the time with a 10-15% discount then we'll wait months before it's even ready to be shipped, only to find out other places had it for awhile and never pre-ordered.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
WTF "Just dont order it" and be stuck on a rock! while some lucky bastard with a hookup walks all over you while your crawler sucks cuz backorder slips dont help you get over rocks if you strap them to your truck.

it seems like if you dont keep up on aftermarket parts you get left in the dust at comps cuz all your shits so old. so one person gets it and kicks your butt for 2 months until somone else can get that part (on back order/pre-order) that works better.

He admitted he has a choice on back ordering, but when they say there going to ship on the 20th of the month and then its the 20th two months later,,,thats BS!!!!!!!!!(I know hes talking about the VF dig that keeps getting pushed back) DONT PROMISE SOMETHING LIKE A DATE AND THEN PUSH IT BACK 5 TIMES, THAT WOULD AFFECT WHY SOMONE WOULD PRE ORDER! All you gamers know what im talking about waiting at the local game stop at midnight for your pre ordered game and not getting it.

Your cute.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #16
Keep it real

Quote:
I totally understand that, paying shipping from several different places to get all your parts can add up in a hurry. The demand is so high for certain things, they sell out very quickly after getting a shipment in, and usually the vendor is only allotted so many of the items, as the manufacturer can only produce a certain amount in a certain time frame, and they want to be sure all the vendors and hobby shops get a portion. Finding a vendor or shop that has everything you need in stock at one time can be tough sometimes.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #17

"if you cant buy it build it" already have made homade digs for one,,,,its nice to have something professional, but im not going to spend 60K on a lathe and cnc......

2 if your concerned about the product NOT being finished to Quality standards, then why did they promise a shipping date, a shipping date means they should have already finished R and D, i think its more a case of , we need pre orders to gain a share of the market even though were not done, but if we dont theyll buy somewhere else.

Its good from a business sense! But The ORIGINAL point is that i just SUCKS! to be the consumer.

Severed is just stating this, and as it seems to be much interest here he has sympathisers.
MinotCrawlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

and even to a point its not bad to take money for a product your almost finished with and you know it will be out in a reasonable time, the problem is seeing the ooooo and aaaaa factor from a mfg and then having to wait months for it to get to the dist then weeks to the lhs then to you. I RATHER NOT KNOW AND BE HAPPY when i walk in the lhs.

and the other subject of build it yourself, if you can hoorah for you. If you cant or just dont have the time then you NEED this whole world of aftermarket goodies.......... sorry i got up bitchin
lukebuffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:22 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Many Customers I know like to Pre-Order somehthing and have the chance to have something before anyone else can get it. Then they get to show it off.
JP's absolutely correct I love a good preorder, nothing better than anticipation.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thats bull. My suggestion is learn to drive.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote