Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Who wants free stuff?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 05:39 PM   #21
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
well i think it stil goes on until aug 1st.

Assuming 100,000 people register, on August 1 you will receive an email message with instructions on how to download the free software.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #22
06 Super National Champ

I have (thanks to the VA) Autocad LT 2004, Rhino3d, SW, and (the best of the bunch) that emachineshop software.

I should still have the student version of Autocad R14 around here somewhere...

Don't really need more software, but I just might just try this as well.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:43 PM   #23
06 Super National Champ

As of August 1, Alibre Design Xpress will be available to all for free. But, as one of the first 100,000 to register, you're getting a little more.

For you Alibre Design Xpress will include all the features listed on the new Alibre Design Xpress site, plus:

Advanced part modeling, which includes features like shelling, 3D sketch, reference surfaces, etc. View the Alibre Design brochure on our web site for the full part modeling feature set.

Create and edit assemblies with up to 25 unique parts. You can open an assembly with more parts in read-only mode.

Create 2D drawings with standard orthographic views. All drawings are fully associative: you change the model and the drawing updates.

3D import/export of all the standard formats Alibre Design supports, including STEP, SAT (ACIS), and IGES. DXF and DWG are supported in 2D, and STL is supported for export.

All free versions of Alibre Design Xpress require an Internet connection and will display a banner of Google ads through a built-in web page. No third-party adware is installed on your system. If your Internet connection is lost we have taken steps to ensure that you can save your work. The Internet connection requirement can be turned off for a small fee.

(I wonder of those ads can be turned off as well?)

On August 1, you will receive instructions on how to download the software. We had hoped to release it to you sooner, but given the nature of software development, we are in the final stages of quality testing. At this time we expect all to be ready for the August 1 release.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 07-22-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Yeah thats pretty F*ing gay. I got that email too. I am going to see what the response is (what kind of spyware is attached, way of going around the banner system, etc...)
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:51 PM   #25
06 Super National Champ

Did you notice the VERY FIRST LINE?

Quote:
As of August 1, Alibre Design Xpress will be available to all for free.
All...not just the 100,000.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:04 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

From what I read on other forums and the site and email it sounds like a demo and not a full version -- really just a waste of time ill just wate till someone hacks the hell out of it....
bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:20 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

The e-mail also says:

"All free versions of Alibre Design Xpress require an Internet connection and will display a banner of Google ads through a built-in web page. No third-party adware is installed on your system. If your Internet connection is lost we have taken steps to ensure that you can save your work. The Internet connection requirement can be turned off for a small fee.

On August 1, you will receive instructions on how to download the software. We had hoped to release it to you sooner, but given the nature of software development, we are in the final stages of quality testing. At this time we expect all to be ready for the August 1 release.

This is truly the best offer for parametric 3D CAD software available anywhere. When you get the download instructions, please complete the steps to download and install Alibre Design Xpress right away. The special offer you get as one of the first 100,000 expires on August 31, don't delay.

If you are no longer interested in Alibre Design Xpress and would like to be removed from all future email communications and eligibility for the extra features offered to the first 100,000 registrants, you may Unsubscribe here.

This isn't the end, there will be additional valuable incentives for engaging with us over time, so I encourage you to stay opted in to our email communications and participate in the short surveys and contests. We won't abuse your email address, we stand by our privacy policy and if you opt out, we won't send you messages.

Best Regards,
Greg Milliken
President and CEO
Alibre, Inc
moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote