Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: post pics of your pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #361
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: post pics of your pets

You know, it's ok for dog owners to have both. I had Rusty, half Pit Bull, half German Shepard, and Missy, a stuck up prima donna cat, at the same time. And once Miss Prima Donna realized who was the Alpha in the house, we all got along great. She learned how to come when called, stayed off the tables and kitchen counters, and a few other parlor tricks like sit and stay.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #362
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
You know, it's ok for dog owners to have both. I had Rusty, half Pit Bull, half German Shepard, and Missy, a stuck up prima donna cat, at the same time. And once Miss Prima Donna realized who was the Alpha in the house, we all got along great. She learned how to come when called, stayed off the tables and kitchen counters, and a few other parlor tricks like sit and stay.
We had 3 cats before we got Wally. The only issue they have with him is that he always wants to play, but the cats aren't interested in playing with someone 5 times their size.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:12 PM   #363
RCC Addict

I really wanted another Corgi but we couldn't find any reputable Texas breeders with any available puppies and we honestly didn't search too hard for any. Also it just seems wrong to get a dog these days that's not a rescue. and since my wife honestly never genuinely wanted a dog anyway, I figured that I'd eventually have to try to get on board with the whole cat thing. Despite my apprehension going into this, I'm sincerely happy with our choice and I really could never have expected such a fantastic little animal nor that I would've ever warmed up to her so quickly. I guess that whether owning a dog or a cat ( or a combination) there's always pros and cons with either.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #364
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I really wanted another Corgi but we couldn't find any reputable Texas breeders with any available puppies and we honestly didn't search too hard for any. Also it just seems wrong to get a dog these days that's not a rescue. and since my wife honestly never genuinely wanted a dog anyway, I figured that I'd eventually have to try to get on board with the whole cat thing. Despite my apprehension going into this, I'm sincerely happy with our choice and I really could never have expected such a fantastic little animal nor that I would've ever warmed up to her so quickly. I guess that whether owning a dog or a cat ( or a combination) there's always pros and cons with either.
I wanted to get a corgi, as well. We got a rescue instead. Now, I can't imagine Wally not being around...
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #365

My pet. I'm thinking of getting her a dog car seat so that she will be a lot safer and I can bring her anywhere I travel

Last edited by Benjiex; 09-21-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Benjiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #366
RCC Addict

^^^ Beautiful tri-color PWC. I miss mine every day but always makes me smile when I see someone else's.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #367
Rock Stacker

Default post pics of your pets

My Boston Terrier Ruby 4 years old

Last edited by GForceSS; 10-22-2018 at 03:19 PM.
GForceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #368
RCC Addict

I’ve probably posted our dog in this thread before, but he was in the National Britney Rescue and Adoption Network calendar one year as well as their cover photo on Facebook.

But unfortunately at 8 years and not even 2 months old, we unfortunately lost him today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #369
RCC Addict

c0bra- I'm so sorry for the loss of your wonderful Spaniel. I don't need to know the details to understand that he was loved greatly and cared for unconditionally. Thank you sincerely for rescuing this beautiful little guy and providing him with security, happiness, and companionship. Heartfelt condolences to you.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:33 PM   #370
Quarry Creeper

c0bra.... SO sorry to hear about your Friend.
I lost mine about 7 Months ago. She was only 19 Months Old...

My "Helper" now.....
Gizmo 8mos.jpg

Our 7 MONTH OLD, 16lb Maine Coon "kitten"!!
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:49 PM   #371
RCC Addict

Judas!... 16 lb/ 7 mo! Gorgeous markings on that beast. Can't see the eyes too well but I'll bet they're striking. Condolences to you too. The loss of a beloved companion genuinely hurts and there are no "replacements". I know that all too well.

I'm a life long "dog guy" but now recently converted. I have to say that I only accepted getting a "damned cat" because my wife had been badgering me forever. I never realized how fond I could become of one... never cared much for the lil' bastards. But this thing is absolutely the sweetest, best behaved, and most endearing animal I think I've ever had. So glad that we rescued her and I feel so fortunate that she shockingly doesn't exhibit any negative traits. Anyway... another pic of my sweetheart, Jaida...

Old 12-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #372
Pebble Pounder

the family cats.

i am not really a die hard cat person, and may have to do with my youth. (we had tons of animals)

i can say though, the snowshoe is a "coolCAT", and even plays fetch. The wife got him from a shelter, after someone left him in a box on christmas 2008. (was about 4 weeks old then)
He wags his tail, more than most dogs, and will talk to you if you talk to him. (his tail waggin is on par with a golden retriver)

Plus- both cats LOVE chasin the kyosho mini-z's . (i tie a cat toy to the back of the mini-z monster or buggy) thats a good time, and they can only catch the mini-z monster, because the buggy is modded to the gills.
mprudic0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #373
RCC Addict

Love his eyes! Absolutely gorgeous felines. Gonna have to try the chase-toy with one of my rc's!
Old 06-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #374

Angus the OCD ACD
He likes to chase things

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
voodooridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #375
Rock Crawler

I am going to house sit for 2 weeks in late August, the house come with big brown Fie and her little french friend Bam bam.
We ( Fie and i ) take it slow when its hot, but thats also the only factor to not do the full 1 hour walk, there is a severe risk for Fie will trip over her own tongue.

Bam bam dont need much / cant do much as he are old, so he just need 15 minutes a couple of times every day, and then access to the garden.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #376
I wanna be Dave

Last night on the 26th of Feb, I had too put down my 9 year Jack Russell named Samurai Jack, his blood sugar dropped, big time and he had violent seizures and by the time I got home and found him the damage had already been done, cause the vet was able too get his blood sugar up and then it dropped again fast and the same with the anti seizure med's they were not working and he never would made it too the 24 hour care place 40 minutes away in Reno NV, so I did the Humane thing and had him put too sleep not going too lie too you it was pretty rough holding him and watch him go cause a part of me went with him when that happened and what really kills that Rip my other Jack Russell and Jack nephew waited for me too bring in when I got home from the vet and today he keeps going out in the backyard looking for Jack and stands by where I found Jack and then comes inside and looks for him again and stands where Jack slept, its hard enough for me too understand how is Rip going to understand cause I can see he has already changed and its going to be rough on him and me and life is going to suck to be honest but that's way it goes I ended a 6 year relationship about 9 maybe 10 months ago and its been XXXXXX up ever since and now Jack goes in hours and its really XXXXXX up and Rip is going to miserable just like me
Attached Images

kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #377

Untitled by tn97d90, on Flickr

little buddy in the 1:1 crawler while working on it
TN-CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:43 PM   #378
RCC Addict

Rescued this guy from a life of neglect and starvation feb 1 this year. He had sores from mites and frostbite. Frostbite took the tip of his tail and the tip of one ear. Was also full of worms and has heartworms, he’s still being treated for the heartworm and is up to date on all shots and vaccinations. Here’s a couple pics from the first week of February and pics now. He’s gained 18lbs most of that was legitimately just in the first 40 days. He’s 2 years old and spent all of that til I got him tied up and in a kennel left to the Midwest elements summer and winter. He’s been riding w me around the USA in my semi except for vet appointments since the beginning and the change in his mental and physical health has been phenomenal. He’s just so laid back and calm and learns routines and phrases so fast. Say hello to Deuce!

CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #379
I wanna be Dave

What's up, Deuce!

Great lookin' doggo...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:15 PM   #380
RCC Addict

@ kgb424- Really heartbreaking to read your post. I'm sorry to hear about Samurai Jack. He was a great-looking guy and I'm sure he had an awesome life... even battling the seizures. I had to put down my Siberian as a result of epilepsy so I know how damned ugly that all can be. I truly hope that you and your buddy, Rip are doing better now but losing a great companion like Jack can sure leave a mark for a long while. Again... very sorry for your loss.