Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Car audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Car audio

looking to get "system" in our nissan 04 maxima.any ideas on a good amps and subwoofers watts?how would just a 2000w amp and 2 12in subs?

Last edited by KFX700; 04-25-2008 at 06:07 PM.
KFX700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
Donkey Punch Champion!

Ok, what type of STOCK system is in the car? Bose...you are screwed. If NOT BOSE, you should be able to replace it with what ever you want. As for what 2000 jigga watt amp to run...I don't know. I can tell you that you should just slam you head in the truck lid and call it good.

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ya its a bose system. can it not be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Ok, what type of STOCK system is in the car? Bose...you are screwed. If NOT BOSE, you should be able to replace it with what ever you want. As for what 2000 jigga watt amp to run...I don't know. I can tell you that you should just slam you head in the truck lid and call it good.

Ryan
KFX700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX700 View Post
Ya its a bose system. can it not be replaced?
Here's the deal with bose systems in nissans (I have one) they usually have individual amps on each speaker, connected to the head with a proprietary system, and they run the speakers at 2 ohms. So, therefore if you want to do a stereo, these are the only choices I'm aware of:

1) replace everything. Speakers, head, etc. (what I did)
2) replace the speakers, leave everything else stock. It'll be quieter, as most car audio speakers are 4 ohms, but it will work, and not damage anything.
3) replace the head unit only. This requires an adapter that lets your new head talk to the bose speaker amps. This setup is usually a major headache, I advise against it.

I have no idea if you can hook an aftermarket sub up to a bose system.

Do not run your stock door speakers off an aftermarket head unit or amp! The lower resistance will damage the aftermarket bits sooner or later, but probably sooner.

Last edited by chrisjlittle; 04-25-2008 at 08:57 PM.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
~THE SCALE SHOP~

bose can be worked around ;) ive done it on my last 2 camaros.
i prefer to run all new everything, new head unit, speakers, and run new wires going to speakers, by passing all the bose wireing, and then a seperate amp and subs for the boom boom.

2000w is quite big unless your going all out. a well designed box, good 12"s and a quality 500-1000 watt will raise the hairs on your head and shake the car next to you. and remember its always a good idea to run your amp at 2/3 to 3/4 its capasity. it will last forever and never overheat that way.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
RCC Addict

If you are going to do it, do it right from the get-go....................and with doing this, it doesn't matter what the stock system is.

BYPASS EVERYTHING STOCK!!!!

New head, new speakers, new amps, and all new wiring. If you use the stock wiring for anything, use it as pull-cords, unless you may want to go back to stock when it is time to sell. Nissan Bose is a PITA, just as German reverse ground is a PITA..................just bypass it all and start from scratch.

edit: damn I type slow..................yea, like Stang Killa said
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

If you want to keep the stock hu, but want quality sound and tunability, look into RF 3sixty.1 or the 3sixty.2 , this will give you awesome quality pre amp outputs, center channel and subwoofer ch + the abilty to fine tune ea. speaker individually all via bluetooth to your cell phone with windows mobile or your laptop

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...s.asp?cat_id=1
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

They may be a little old school now but I love my Rockford 12" T1 sub.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Just dont go too overkill, I had four 15" Planet audio FU 15's with two planet audio 2500 watt amps and a 15 farad capacitor and triple alternators, I bumped this system all through high school and I have a state DB drag title under my belt.....I'm only 22 now and my hearing is horrible, I wish I could have gotten into something else
5150 Krawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
They may be a little old school now but I love my Rockford 12" T1 sub.
Awesome woofers in my book, also the T2
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:42 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I run a memphis 15" shp (Discountinued) and a mcd1500 amp at 2ohms. A custom 4 cf. ported box built to memphis specs and it is LOUD. The only thing i suggest is DO NOT buy a box. Buy a sheet of MDF and build your own box. Ported usually offers more SPL but lower SQ. The one thing that i cannot stress enough is a custom box. It will be louder, cleaner, and the shape you want it.
plyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote