Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: The AX10 polluted and degraded the 2.2 class!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

I can't believe this was ever posted.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #22
Nope..

I think the new kits are great. I think most of the newbs are annoying, but that's part of it. I'd rather deal with newbs and have all these awesome new things come out than still be stuck in 2005 where we were all building basically the same TLT over and over and over....
Old 04-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #23
20K Club

Original poster: Your an idiot. Period. You are ignorant and a moron. The Ax-10 was what the sport needed, I would rather have 10,000 of noobs in the sport than 5,000 people like you.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Original poster: Your an idiot. Period. You are ignorant and a moron. The Ax-10 was what the sport needed, I would rather have 10,000 of noobs in the sport than 5,000 people like you.
X2
Cound't be better said!
Old 04-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

There will always be lazy noobs no matter what is the new truck, there will always be the 13 yr olds coming in with a present from grandpa they know nothing about. They are part of the hobby and noobs turn veterans after a year or two. The noobs may on day be making the trucks and parts that you buy becuase they started the hobby at an early age. So get over it and sit and spin on this you waste of a life
Old 04-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
WORD!!!!

instead of flaming newb's and a great idea of a truck why not do something useful. maybe try to help a newb.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #27
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from Houston View Post

I think the elitist attitude of the RCC elite has done more to steer people away from r/c crawling than the complexity of the kits. It's not a new attitude...I've seen it in every faction of r/c (offroad, onroad, oval, all the scales). I used to think the aero guys were the worst til I saw this place.

Yes, I'll probably be buying an AX-10 so I can have a better crawler than my WK right out of the box. I'm going to run it, then put it away for weeks at a time so I can handle the other aspects of a grown man's life (family, job, life in general). I know that makes me a "lazyn00b" in the OP's eyes, but I don't know him and have no reason to care about his opinion.

discuss.

I don't know about anybody else?.(maybe it's my pissed off mood) But I feel a bit insulted, especially by this part.

"I'm going to run it, then put it away for weeks at a time so I can handle the other aspects of a grown man's life (family, job, life in general)."

Doesn't Pete think any of us have "aspects of a grown man's life" to deal with?
What a douche bag
If we're so "elitist" here's a place for you to hang out.

www.clodtalk.com
Old 04-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

You are 100% correct Josh! This sport has exploded over the last couple of years. HPI and Axial have had a huge part in that.

Former newb,
Randy
Old 04-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
one word lazynoobs

let the pointless arguing commence!

or in the words of Captain Tenneal...

GET IT ON!

I don't mean to be an ass... okay, I do but....

For being to how many, 2-3 comps in the last couple years and not being very active on the ORCRC(local) board you sure do talk a lot of bull shit. I know you are only 16 years old and think you know everything but kid, STFU. You just made Oregon look stupid.

ORCRC has openly welcomed the AX-10 into it's comps by starting a spec AX-10 class last year to help TEACH n00bs how to drive, setup and understand their new crawler. Plus it allows the oldtimers to have FUN. It is a killer machine.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

there are always new guys joining (jumping on the bandwagon) in any sport or hobby.

so i can be a better rock crawler builder dude.

i'm going to build my next project out of twigs and rubberbands.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Old 04-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

all i know is 4 years ago when i started crawlin and built a juggernaut 2 from only axles and a tranny i had only one other person to go crawl with

now it seems like there are at least 20-30 people in the area that all have nice crawlers, there good people, and i wouldnt mind thrown back a couple beers and havin a good time with em.

so let those "newbs" come in i dont mind, there all usually decent people in real life
Old 04-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
all i know is 4 years ago when i started crawlin and built a juggernaut 2 from only axles and a tranny i had only one other person to go crawl with

now it seems like there are at least 20-30 people in the area that all have nice crawlers, there good people, and i wouldnt mind thrown back a couple beers and havin a good time with em.

so let those "newbs" come in i dont mind, there all usually decent people in real life
X1000

Up until last year, Virginia couldn't get any amount of people together for a decent crawl. The crawlers were just too few and far between. This year, we have 12+ at all of our comps (which we run about once a month and are always getting bigger), we have our own [active] website, and we have a great time getting together for friendly competition. I think the AX-10 has been a major factor in our club getting bigger and better all the time.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post

June of 04....195 post..... When he speaks....listen.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

oh and yea i got an ax-10!

and i still dont have a star.....

or im just waiting till i have my paint shop setup again and can afford a vendors star

yea thats a good excuse.....

Last edited by extreme; 04-26-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: not a clue
Old 04-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

For the love of god!
Please someone close this thread!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy5050 View Post
For the love of god!
Please someone close this thread!!!!
i dont know why you would want to close threads like these...

this is number 1 high rating super happy family fun time thread!

we dont close these down we let them burn and burn and burn just like the "hunting badger" thread

this is rock crawling, not some super sensitive PC oprah/mr know it all, talk hour

i mean look at this board compaired to pirate4x4 if you want to see threads get out of hand! if anything rccrawler is just a "wanna be" pirate4x4!! and all the rigs on here are "wanna be" 1:1s

(uh oh im gonna go run for cover now )
Old 04-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Doesn't Pete think any of us have "aspects of a grown man's life" to deal with?
What a douche bag
If we're so "elitist" here's a place for you to hang out.

www.clodtalk.com
Since you're all butt-hurt by my choice of words, I'll modify my statement and say "aspects of my life" (meaning everything that I personally consider more important than playing with toy trucks). All better now?

BTW, I was done with racing Clods by the time Clodtalk came around, so I had no use for that site. ;)
Old 04-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

I think that the AX-10 is the best thing that ever happened to rc crawling....right behind me and jason.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
You know what is worse than lazy newbs??? Whiny bitches..........
cant agree more......
Closed Thread