Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: A pic from UROC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Looks like a blast! I wish I cold have went...
thefordmccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I just finished browsing off-road.com's site; That's pretty cool that they used a pic of my truck. Somebody had to stay and guard the booth while everyone else was getting more rocks...

Anyway, I need to get some sleep now-I've been awake for 38 hours, and the screen keeps moving on me. :?

Destroyer
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #23
Colt Python/SR9c

yeah your gonna need some sleep to work off all the chores that you mom is gonna have you do
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
I don't think he was there, Kris. That pic is linked from Off-road.com.
Ah, Okay. I didn't think he was, but from the way he said it, it kinda sounded like he was there. :?

Twisted- "Have to do"....that's future tense. It has already started. :-P Oh well, it was worth it! I did overhear her talking on the phone with our neighbor, and I did hear her say "It was pretty interesting" though. Maybe it's just that two solid days was just too much for her?

Ok, enough...sleepy time.

Destroyer
Old 07-11-2005, 06:32 AM   #25
Colt Python/SR9c

couple more ugly shots I found

as Chris has mentioned, Pirate4x4 has made it seem like I have known you guys out west for awhile from chatting on the boards. Was nice to put a face to the name ( with a few exceptions ) but everyone at UROC that I talked to was extremely nice. A big thanks goes to Aaron and Jason,Dave(DSI),Dustin and Becca Webster(Red BUll), Walker Evans,Glenn,Ranch and everyone else. Thanks for a great time
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme RC
A STICK AIN'T GOT NOTHIN ON THIS TLT. Only me with my TLT and JB and EeePee with their sticks made it up this hill. It is like 60+ degrees. Check this video out. Here is a pick also of the hill.

http://www.elsomething.com/Movies/MVI_0800.avi

Hey I also made it up that hill with my mini hot pursuit tuber!! Great time running with you guys!!
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:00 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
Looks like a good time. Wish I could have been there.

I don't know if you all know about it but theres gonna be another 1:1 comp in Jellico,TN pretty soon. Would you all want to go to that also? I'm going reguardless,my son loves going to the comps and we go to almost every one at Jellico. That place is packed out with spectators. I believe that WEROCK is putting this comp on. I'm thinking it was in Aug. or Sept. so theres plenty of time to fix rigs,get extra parts and save up a little cash. I'll see if I can dig up the dates if ya'lls interested.

O.K., I found it,the comp will be Sept. 16,17 and 18th. I'm not sure who to contact to see about a booth but I'm sure it would be doable. If you all want to and I can help with anything let me know. I live about 1 1/2 hours south from Jellico,if anyone wants to meet up and ride with or follow.
We will be in jellico july 22, 23, and 24th. with uroc extreme east series! you guys should deffinatly come down!

Then back at the x-plex aug 19th and 20th!
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:04 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

OMFG This is that bob strandes guy who rolled over and lost control of his buggy when he got knocked out (i think that's what happened) either way..F**KING SCARY SH!T

http://www.offroadvideos.com/vidclip...dage_large.wmv
XFACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:13 AM   #29
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFACTOR
OMFG This is that bob strandes guy who rolled over and lost control of his buggy when he got knocked out (i think that's what happened) either way..F**KING SCARY SH!T

Ryan, bandwidth exceeded.... got any other spot for that video? i was talking with Aaron D. at the time and wasn't video taping. we was on the left side of him, so all we saw was a backflip w/ a twist and then running out of control

I think the guys should look into some type of kill switch( like the monster truck guys have) or maybe just a long tether corded kill switch the spotter has( but that would be a pain in the butt for the spotter)..just ideas
Old 07-13-2005, 05:33 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
Ryan, bandwidth exceeded.... got any other spot for that video? i was talking with Aaron D. at the time and wasn't video taping. we was on the left side of him, so all we saw was a backflip w/ a twist and then running out of control

I think the guys should look into some type of kill switch( like the monster truck guys have) or maybe just a long tether corded kill switch the spotter has( but that would be a pain in the butt for the spotter)..just ideas

I found the link on pirate...and I don't have anywhere to host it

I can send it too you if you want, and you can host it
XFACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:01 AM   #31
Colt Python/SR9c

yeah send it to TwistedCreations@cinci.rr.com if ya can and i'll host it
Old 07-13-2005, 06:10 AM   #32
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFACTOR

That was some scary stuff. He got knocked out and his foot was on the throttle.

I was over at the RC Driver/RC Crawler canopy, heard the engine rev, looked up, and saw the truck going through the air toward the crowd. It literally ran over the #101 buggy.

Luckily for all involved the teams had parked their rigs just inside the barrier, near the crowd. If those rigs hadn't been there, someone in the crowd would have been injured.

Very close call.

The bad thing is...as long as I've been into RC, my first thought when I saw him running off like that was "someone's on his channel". :neutral:
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
The bad thing is...as long as I've been into RC, my first thought when I saw him running off like that was "someone's on his channel". :neutral:
Funny thought there JIA. I agree with the kill switch thing. Dunno if these things have 'em or not, would think they do. Maybe something the spotter took care of. I know the monster truck guys run remote kill switches, have seem 'em work! If there is a run-away, spotter kills the vehicle via remote. It is like a keyless entry deal we have cars/trucks, about that size. If there weren't rigs staged down there in front of the crowd, there could have been BIG problems.
RCALLOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:58 AM   #34
06 Super National Champ

Hopefully UROC implements a kill switch rule.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #35
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
yeah send it to TwistedCreations@cinci.rr.com if ya can and i'll host it
I uploaded it to RCCrawlermedia.com.

http://www.rccrawlermedia.com/rcc-al...dage_large.wmv
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:01 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

That is definately some scary stuff. A remote kill switch is definately a good idea, with how much these things roll.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #37
MODERATOR™

When did this happen? Friday?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee

When did this happen? Friday?
Yep-Friday afternoon/evening
Old 07-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

They Should Have The Kill Switch Idea Like The Stadium Monster Trucks Have.
And Then A Ring At The Back So When You Pull It It Shuts Off Everything Electrical.
But He Would Of Done Better If He Let Off The Throttle When He Was Almost Vertical And Rolled Down And Tried Again. But Then We WOuldent See Awesome Carnage. Good That NO ONE WAS HURT.
Just My .2 Cents.

NATE
Xtremekrawler8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Why is everyone soo quick to jump on this damn kill switch idea??

Hittin your noggin on the wheel and going unconscience isnt gonna happen everytime you take a very hard hit if you have the right saftey equipment IN THE CAR and USE IT CORRECTLY!!

I would place money a combo of open face helmet, no neck restraints, and primarily a lack of correctly worn and tightened 5 point belts lead to him having enough slop in his saftey gear to allow his head to contact the wheel. 5 points work in keeping your damn body in place if you tighten them properly.

Still worried, well for $50 more on your helmet and $50 in new pieces buy a neck restraint set up like in sprint cars, rally cars, ect. that will limit your head movement.

Ever see the prices of a kill switch??? For a full bore set up "like the monster trucks", since that is what a moonbuggy is trying to be anyways, it will cost UROC $4k plus and each team $1k plus to be set up.
Then comes in the human factor, again, in who has the right to say I am outta control, when I am merely giving my buggy the berries and having to hammer down to get up a cliff dive obstacle?

I still feel after seeing moonbuggies up close, being in them, and being around racecars since I was born, that the required saftey gear needs to be used to its fullest extent before we all chime in and force more rules apon those competing. As it is a UROC buggy has to have 2 kill switches, one next to the driver and one external one.
UROC also, has a great tech inspection, but what they are lacking is in making sure that all competitors know how to properly use thier saftey gear. Anyone can figure out that your shoulder belts need to be mounted parallel to the top of your shoulders or up to 1" below the top of your shoulders, but how many of these guys know that they need to cinch the fawk outta them, and get those belts tight.

You dont need to move around to see where you are going in a moonbuggy as you did in the old days of a full bodied rig.
Also, neck restraints, and braces would make accidents like that one hard to repeat. The resulting movement of the driver after impact is just too much for a properly used saftey restraint system.

Why do you think the HANS device is needed???? Belts will hold you in place sooo well that you neck will move forward, that without some sort of neck restraint you can sever nerves, bones and other important pieces of your neck, and nervous system.

I say tryout things that are cheap and PROVEN EFFECTIVE in all situations first, then, if that doesnt work, try better barriers, then and only then, allow outside control of the vehicle.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote