Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Worst Speeding Ticket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

I was drying off my car after I washed it one day by going for a quick hot lap...... (it was a hot day, and thats a quick way to dry a car, right). I was probably doing 105 ish on a long flat open straight away when I seen the lights behind me. Somehow he seen me pass in a no passing lane (before the straight) and started the persuit. He said I was too far way for him to clock me but he knew it was doing more than 80..... He kept asking how fast was I actually going and I just kept saying that I was watching the road, not the speedo.......... Anyways he wrote the ticket for 80 in a 55 and passing in a no passing lane. Ticket was $460! I just sent the money into the court with NO explaination and I got $150 back...... Go figure....

BTW I don't dry the car off that way any more!
4RnrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2005, 10:38 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast
I asked him why he dicided to pick me when everybody was doing the same speed, He said "I guess its because your car is red and it stood out" then he laughs... a**hole cop
Hey, he is just doing his job! You where speeding and you got caught, deal with it! Thats the way I look at it and yes I've had my fair share of tickets...... and I deserved just about every one of them.

Last edited by 4RnrRick; 07-22-2005 at 10:45 AM.
4RnrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:52 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
35 in a 30

My only ticket!
Wow, you probably count to three at stop signs before proceeding

Funny thing for me is that all of the trouble I have gotten into was before I put a turbocharged engine in, go figure. What would have been the worst for me was a late night commute home on hwy 83 southbound to Colorado Springs. I was the only person on the road so I was not watching my gauges and just driving at a rate I was comfortable with. Came around a corner and saw headlights in the distance so I tapped my brakes realizing I was, umm, well over. I passed two cars but the second car whipped back around with lights going. The tropper walked up and asked if I knew why so I was honest and said "speeding, here is my licence and insurance." A couple minutes later I had a warning and "have a good evening." Honesty paid off because the stripes I had at the time were screaming for a ticket.
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RnrRick
Hey, he is just doing his job! You where speeding and you got caught, deal with it! Thats the way I look at it and yes I've had my fair share of tickets...... and I deserved just about every one of them.

Everybody on the freeway was going the same speed. He passed alot of people to single me out. I was actually following a mini van and I was about 4-5 car length behind it. I was going with the flow. I saw him way behind me but I just kept driving with everybody else. I dont even think I changed lane till he turned on his lights. He was being an A**hole. I drive a 94 integra, stock..not even tinted.
beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

today is the first day I could drive so after reading all this there is no speeding for me.
I went 77 in a 70 when I was in drivers training car yesterday passing a semi and the teacher didn't say nothing because I drove so good lol she said good job after that
Herzog-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #26
RCC Addict

umm, i got pulled over at 6:23am going north on I-5 on my way to work. when i saw the cop. well he pulled me over and when he got to the car i had my licence and proove of inshuens ready. he said i was doing 81mph in a 65mph zone. so he gave me the ticket and i left. when i got the ticket thing in the mail it said 70mph. so i only had to pay $14.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:44 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I've had my license for 17 years, no speeding tickets. what does that mean? $450 ayear for full coverage insurance on my truck in florida, yes, full not basic. I like the cash in my wallet more than my cash in the hands of the local PD and insurance companys.
before you children start flaming me, yes I do drive fast, but not in view of cops. CB's make radar detectors useless.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:06 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

LOL a 14 dollar speeding ticket here in Calie.... LOL that must have been some time ago... now adays its probably like 100 bucks for 5 mph over. lol
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:50 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

The Worst speeding ticket I got was in a Speed Trap called "Sandy" coming back from Snowboarding on Mt. Hood. My buddy had just told me to slow down, no sooner could I tell him to "Shut Up" the Flash bulb went off on one of those Photo Van's. The Worst part is........ it was "His Car" I was driving .......
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:54 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh
LOL a 14 dollar speeding ticket here in Calie.... LOL that must have been some time ago... now adays its probably like 100 bucks for 5 mph over. lol
nope happend last week. i thought it might be a mistake but o'well allready paid it.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:18 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

wow thats pretty weird... my dad parked the wrong way in a cultasack and got a ticket for 100 bucks...
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:28 PM   #32
I joined the Band!

HEHE i got pulled over doing 125 in a 55 but the cop said that it was in a 45 but my ticket was 985.00 dollars. That ticket sucked azz to pay.
lilrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:30 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I have been lucky haven't gotten a speeding ticket yet and I drive to damn fast on the freeway but a 60-70 mile comute a day tends to make me hate driving. Last night on the way home from the beach and fishing I got pulled over for "tail gating" even tho I was 5-6 car lengths behind the lady in front of me. We just started going up a hill and everyone was slowing down the funny thing was the first things out of the cops mouth where have you been drinking or doing drugs? After I said no and he could tell he said have a nice nite guess having a huge cooler in the bed of my truck attracts cops.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzog-racing
today is the first day I could drive so after reading all this there is no speeding for me.
I went 77 in a 70 when I was in drivers training car yesterday passing a semi and the teacher didn't say nothing because I drove so good lol she said good job after that
Good, there really is no reason and the hell it creates for you can really make things hard. See flatfenders post. I pay more than what he does for 6 months of just liabilty insurance, of course the turbocharger does not help but even the ticket I got 3 years ago is still sucking a lot of cash.
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:50 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzog-racing
i know a thing or two about that, i got up to 70 in a 55 picking my nose and the teacher was hey did you see the cop behind the bait shop? so i slowed down to way slower than every body elce to the point he told me to hurry up he dosent like them honky and yelling.

then last friday i drove up to the lake, a 4 banger going up hills w/ a/c on i did a whopping 10mph up a 2 1/2 mile road ive never been so scared, a ****ing semi pulling a trailer with wood on it was up my @@@ the whole way up i could see the butterflys on its grill then when it came time to go down the hills i was coasting at 90mph going into a blind curve we both stood on the breaks and skidded over a dead squril

today i got a warring and a lecur by the chp for doing 65 in a 55 zone coming to work with my mom, and after kissing and sucking farts outa him i got out and let my mom drive, cuz she will never let my plant my butt checks in the driver seat of her car but get this after all that she got the ticket 15 miles down the road by a sheriff for doing 80 in a 55 some roll modle huh
blazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast
About 10 Years ago....126mph on an 86 Celica 2.0 4 banger - SOHC - 75 shot NOS. I was messing around with a mustang on the 605 Freeway here in Socal. I slowed down cause I saw the cop behind us.. The cop said I was lucky that I stopped because a 1/2 a mile down, there was a road block for us two. He did not take my car away but they did take the mustang cause he kept going. It still in my driving record.

Two weeks ago, I was doing 80mph JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE FREEWAY around 6am on a saturday morning. Cop decided to pull me over. I asked him why he dicided to pick me when everybody was doing the same speed, He said "I guess its because your car is red and it stood out" then he laughs... a**hole cop
he may be an a**hole cop.but he is correct. a long time ago me and about 4 buddy's of mine where heading to a resterant and we all had loud cars i was first and one of my buds was last-you guessed it in a red car.we all bussed past a cop ,we got to the resterant and joked around while waiting for the last bud to get there and the cop had pulled him over for a 10 mile over the speed limit ticket.red cars do attract cops
SPEED_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #37