Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: looking for a jk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default looking for a jk wrangler

I'm interested in getting a jk wrangler unlimited 2 or 4 door. Hopefully a rubi but honestly any thing will do.

I will be putting on a rough country 4 inch lift and 1 inch body lift with 35 or 36 12.50 mickey thompson baja claws. How will my ujoints hold up?

Im also going to get some sort of winch ( ramsey or warn ) and a hi-lift jack with mount.

Anyone have a jk ? how do you like it? anything I should be looking for when I check out used ones? Thanks.

Last edited by ian48065; 07-31-2008 at 09:30 PM.
ian48065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian48065 View Post
I'm interested in getting a jk wrangler unlimited 2 or 4 door. Hopefully a rubi but honestly any thing will do.

I will be putting on a rough country 4 inch lift and 1 inch body lift with 35 or 36 12.50 mickey thompson baja claws. How will my ujoints hold up?

Im also going to get some sort of winch ( ramsey or warn ) and a hi-lift jack with mount.

Anyone have a jk ? how do you like it? anything I should be looking for when I check out used ones? Thanks.

To me it sounds like you need some JU..... that's JeepsUnlimited in case you didn't know, and I'm guessing that you don't. That's where you should start. Good place to start and then leave once you get the info you are after. There is always, http://www.jkowners.com/forum/ but this is more or less the PBB of JK folks.

Why Rough Country? Why Claws? Time to do some research away from an RC site.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

head over to Wranglerforum.com - a bunch of nice people from all over and very helpful

As for a JK, I'd HIGHLY suggest getting a 3.5" Rock Krawler kit. I've seen them in action on JK's and they work amazingly well. Plus the control arms are solid stock, not tubing. And you don't need a 1" body lift to fit 35" tires on a JK. The RK 3.5" lift is more than engouh. Here is one that a guy I know built at his shop.

08 JK Rubicon 4 Door, RockKrawler 3.5 Flex kit with MX-6 Shocks, 5.13 Gears front and rear, Stock wheels with Spidertrax wheel spacers and 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote