Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Just an idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #21
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD400
Okay, I know that I have not been on this board very long, but I have a couple ideas.

1. There should be some kind of learners permit for posting. I'm not saying that I have the best grammer or punctuation, but you are on the internet when you post. You can you find just about anything on the net, try a dictionary.

2.It seems that the most flaming is of our younger members. These kids come on here and spout off about this or that and then get bent out of shape when they are set straight. I lurked for the better part of a year for a reason before I joined, I thought that it might be a good idea to find out how people acted and re-acted. This is a great place to learn about and share ideas concerning RC crawling, if you get flamed it is because you needed it. Your butt was getting to big for your britches. Think about what you are saying in a post for a second before you hit submit, it might save you from a flaming.

3.The yuongsters need to learn a little humility. Some of us have been running RC's longer than they have been breathing. We have seen alot change and tried most every thing they think is new and cool. If some one with 15 years of doing this tells you it won't work, they are most likely right. It is Okay to ask questions and get excited about something you just found, but don't get pissed when some one tells you it is old news.

I know I sound like an old man, but I'm not. I was young when I got into RC, 16 years ago when I was 13. I loved doing it but was fully aware that I knew very little about RC. By sitting back and watching the older guys, asking questions when I didn't understand and showing a little respect, I learned a lot more. So in closing, if you wern't alive when Reagan was in office (the 40th president) you might get a little more out of this place if you check your teenage ego at the door and take a little advice from people who heve been there and done it more than you.

Thank you for reading this. The people this will upset the most are probably the same people that put me up a tree when I attempt read their idiotic posts.

What in the Sam Kinnison is'a goin' on around here?

First we have a n00b with 8 posts give up some good tech and now...THIS!

Jason, badger...I think it's time we close the doors on new members. They're getting too damn smart for their own good.

Welcome RD.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 07-31-2005 at 08:54 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2005, 11:05 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I get a kick out of people complaining about being given the S. You know, SEARCH! It's not that hard!

Then they get flamed they complain about how we are nothing but a bunch of inconsiderate pricks because we are tired of answering the same question over and over and over.

I thank those that run this site for allowing me to frequent here! I know it is a PRIVATELY owned site, not a PUBLICLY owned site. There is so much knowledge here, not just R/C crawlers, but engineering, fabrication, electrical, and so on. This is the number 1 r/c crawling site on the net bar none!

I thank you for giving me the knowledge to build my crawler, and my wife hates you guys for giving me those ideas that cost money and take me away from her "honey do's"!
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:42 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

im 14 and must say i also hate when people tip lyk thiz, its not cool and its hard to read. and i am a newbie as far as crawling goes and i know it so if i ask a stupid question i somewhat expect to be flamed but i dont care as long as i get an answer, besides the older people are probably tired of hearing noobs ask how do i build a clod crawler when there is a sticky on how to do it right above their post!, so my advice dont get mad if you get flamed its gonna happen either way.
later
chris
xmaxxboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaxxboyx
......... so my advice dont get mad if you get flamed its gonna happen either way.....
Generally the only times your going to get flamed is if you ask a "stupid question" that has been asked countless times before, if you lie and get caught, or if you mouth off to the wrong people. (I'm sure there is others, but I'm too tired to care)

Some advice to Noobs:

Think before you speak

Search before you ask

Type to the best of your abilities (no e-shorthand)

Maturity goes a long ways too.

You want to be treated like an adult, then ACT LIKE ONE!
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #25
MODERATOR™

I have this feeling that the people we are directing this to, aren't going to read this post.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:57 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Maybe I should change the title to "OMFG dis chIk da Hawtne$$ (pixxxxxx ->side)"
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote