Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: lunch box rerelease

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default lunch box rerelease

Wondering how you guys feel about the Lunch Box being rereleased. I might have to get one of those, always wanted one as a kid.
rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I seen them on TowerHobbies a couple of weeks ago I bet the collectors are pissed and probably lost some money :?

$95.00 is dirt cheap
bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Lunch Box is cool... But where is the re-released Bruiser?! That's what I want. But back to the Lunch Box, I think it's pretty awesome to see the same models that were out when I was first into R/C coming back around. It's very tempting to start collecting and driving the vintage stuff.

-Jay
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Already down to limited quantites on tower lol. i hope they don't rerelease teh bruiser. I have too much in mine it'll screw me good.
Rockinrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

Differences between the old and new ones are present, even the sticker sheet. Real collectors aren't going to lose a single cent.

The BMW M3 is a new take on a re-release, totally different chassis, but the body has the old casting number. I almost grabbed one, but nah.

But I agree, it'd be like being that little kid again. I remember when I saw my first Wild Willy Jeep. Some dude was driving it in the crowded street of people walking to their lawn spot to see the July 4th fireworks. Totally vivid mental image. I flipped out, I was lost and had to catch back up to the folks.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinrockcrawler
Already down to limited quantites on tower lol. i hope they don't rerelease teh bruiser. I have too much in mine it'll screw me good.
only if you plan to sell it. If you keep it it only means cheaper spare parts.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:51 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

The same thing happened with Kyosho kits that were out of production according to their website, such as the Nitro and EV Blizzard. I have them new in the box from eBay, and spent a small fortune on them, only to see them sold on Kyosho America's dealer site for 60% of what I paid for them. PO. However, if the Bruiser was re-released, it would be a real boon to the hobby.
radishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #8
RCC Addict

as a beginner collector myself i have mixed emotions on the rereleases. i currently have an original lunchbox (as well as several other childhood favorites) and have the rerelease on order. the rerelease is a great idea, but they need to make more changes to the rereleases, much like they did with the wild willy 1 & 2. you get the same idea jsut different and it helps the original keep value and its originallity.
a bruiser rerelease would hit lots of people in the wallet, myself included, but it would be able to get new parts again
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

The way I look at it is the real vintage trucks should be on a shelf or in the box. Because once you start beating on them, the less there are in the world. But the re-releases.. GAME ON!

I want a bruiser for two reasons, 1) I wanted one when I was a kid, because it could shift. and 2) I think it makes the best looking scale crawler ever. I swear Badger better watch his truck if I'm ever around, that is probably my favorite truck of anyone's on this site.

So, that leaves me with either ruining a perfectly good bruiser, or buying a basket case and fixing it up. Either way, a re-release would be ideal. I agree though, they do need to make some changes so the collectors can still have their vintage truck.

-Jay
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #10

That thing looks tuff as nails!!! the arms are almost 1 piece If it is tuff I might get one to bash around when my t-maxx is down for the count 95$ and it has a 37$ esc WOAH that's a steal. And I can sever the chassie and make it turn for a crawler!!!

Last edited by xtremecrawler504; 08-10-2005 at 07:58 PM.
xtremecrawler504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I just want the van body.Can we say LOVE MACHINE.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

nah, mystery machine crawler
or A-team crawler.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #13
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay
I agree though, they do need to make some changes so the collectors can still have their vintage truck.
Jay, they have, they aren't the same. Close, but not the same. The stickers are way off. I never thought something as simple as a sticker sheet could make the difference, but it does. But there are other differences too. I won't tell what though.

Now whether they are different from the changes they made during the old initial run, I don't know. But the stickers are different. That could make for one expensive sticker sheet!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:46 PM   #14

don't wanna sound dumb but what's a lunch box?
BlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSG2&P=7
yoda316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:51 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep
don't wanna sound dumb but what's a lunch box?
what i hit kids at lunch with in the 3rd grade or what your p and j gose to skool in
blazed is offline   Reply With Quote