Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Double J

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #21
Holmes Hobbies

Shaun,you need to stay out of this,You have no IDEA of the deals double j has screwed people on.They are talking about tube chassis anyway
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #22
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I shouldn't have ever made a post in this thread.
If I had a nickle for every time you've said that.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:04 AM   #23
Built, not bought

Am I the only one who sees a pattern here?It seems like he disappears for a while then,every time something negative is posted about him,he "magically" reappears and starts ANOTHER excuse thread.I think he is just playing alot of people.
After waiting 10 months,I finally got my chassis from him but,it wasn't as I ordered it.It didn't appear to be a bad chassis,just not worth all of the hassle.
All I have left to say is,if you pay him for something after seeing all these threads then you're dumber than I give you credit for.
Double J,make things right for everyone else and then feel free to disappear for good.This hobby doesn't have room for scammers and bullshitters.
Pat
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I have dealt with JJ on a lot of things. He is a great guy with good intentions. It seems that he has been thrown a curve ball in life, that we all will experience someday.

The key here is to keep the communication with his customers so that it doesn't get to a point of frustration...but it is easy for me to say that not being in his shoes.

Jason, hang in there...make it right for the one's that are upset and spend the time getting your life in order.

The Blue Star will return...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:34 AM   #25
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I have had one of his chassis before. Can I ask you something, who's work have you seen if his is "some of the best I have seen"?

I know you have been around here long enough to be smarter than that. I did the CAD work on "Da Bull" an while the design is fine the finish of every last one I have seen is nothing special, more on the side of rough.

The parts are by no means prepped after water jet before powder coating.

I have also had tube work done by Double J. It was rediculous. It took 6 or more months and all I kept getting was excuses. When I did get the tube work it didn't even fit the frame it was going on. AND IT WAS HIS FRAME! Always excuses.

Screwing people on purpose or not you have screwed A LOT of people on this board.

i also did the cad work for da bull..... hmmm
i do own 1 DJ tuber....
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:01 AM   #26
Official Cook of the ECC

I made 1 purchase(a roof rack) from DoubleJ and it was a steaming pile "o" crap. It was tweaked so bad that you could put a finger under 1 corner of it and the other 3 corners would still sit flat on the table. Not only this but it wasn't even the right size, even though I told him numerous times the max size it could be to fit my application. He claimed it was the powdercoaters fault and his sons fault since he is the one who packaged it and should have noticed.
He did build me another rack that looked alot better.....................but it was the wrong size also.

I hope you guys at least get some return on the parts and $ sent to him.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:23 AM   #27
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
i also did the cad work for da bull..... hmmm
Huh? Did you make adjustments to a file? What do you mean?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #28
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Huh? Did you make adjustments to a file? What do you mean?
i cant believe i actually found the files.
looks like what i worked on was called da wicked bull.
he sent me this.

it wasnt any help, i started over and sent him back this.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

i thought by now JJ would have done good to the people he owed parts or money to, i do feel bad for his daughter illness, hope she get's healthy and that JJ honors his word, i had 3 dealings with him, i bought 2 vertical smiles, one DaBull he sent as a tester and tuber i bought from him, Shuh Yaz( haven't completed it, but the tubework was really nice IMHO), in all three ocassions i never had a problem with my orders.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallless View Post
...I knew something smelled. Can you smell that? It stinks in here AGAIN. Can't you just go away?
Can't u just get fu**ed? Jason is one of the best vendors on this site. He has help me and hundreds of people on this site. Has no one else gone thorough bad times? He has better things to think about. HIS FAMILY. I am 101% sure he will get things sorted. it just take times.

Hope you get everything sorted

Good luck

James

Last edited by Moondust1950; 09-24-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Moondust1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:51 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

LOL at telling someone to get f**ked then following it with a "God Bless"
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallless View Post
Before I rant on about how much Double J should or shouldn't do let me clear the air here...

I HAVE a Double J tuber. PAID OVER $600!!! (never once have I told that to ANYONE) I ordered a tuber around a HPI Rubicon body. I was told I was getting TLT axles, Rubicon Tube frame, assembled with links, tranny, basically a roller minus wheels and electronics. After countless PM's I got my tuber. It only took 10 months. I asked for Double J to not post anything until it was ready so I wouldn't have to be ripped on by those who knew it took so long. Here is the link to the thread

BIG BALLERS Scale Jeep Tuber. MORE PICS THAN YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE

As you can see it "looks" nice. Upon further inspection the geometry is way off. This truck wasn't ever finished by him when he shipped it. The shock mounts he brazed into the front aren't used, he 4/40 (who uses that shit?) tapped the TUBE, he didn't even use the front mounts HE built! He made servo mounts and rough cut them, still have the "master" marked on them for his template remarks. The front servo mount on the chassis is wrong. When you install a servo it HITS, and will NOT work and function the way it was designed. The axles were built with RANDOM hardware. If he found a screw that worked he used it, didn't matter it was too long. Blah, blah, blah I could go on but why? To prove to you ALL why Double J isn't worth the tube he scraps while "building". I am SO sick and tired of seeing him here making excuses on this and that. Flat out...I'm calling you out Jason. DO NOT build anything else for anyone. DO NOT take or make ANY orders. Give the people you OWE something. Not more sympathy excuses on why this or that. PAY UP!

Here's some good reading. This was posted in November of 2007! Almost a year ago. The excuses are the same...LAME!
Shipping delays. I need your help.

And more recently.
Double J INFO

For those who have NOT dealt with him. DON'T post your stupid thoughts about how any of us SUCKERS should "give him a break, give him a chance". Double J, you sir are an Asshole and should be ashamed that people (foolish sheep) STILL bother to read what you spew from your pie hole.

So, why am I so upset? I got my Tuber right? Well I am not a kid crying about my $5. I am a guy who works hard for my money. I make deals with people who I believe do the same for their money. After taking 10 months to get my Tuber, I was ripped off. The same as the guys who got nothing! I have a truck that will never see the light of day.

Hey Double J...THAT's why I haven't ever finished it.
I have dealt with him...
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #33
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post

it wasnt any help, i started over and sent him back this.

He should have called it the Double Dil............ nevermind
Old 09-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Damn! I see it
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Now that is funny
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Hey Shaun,

RCP has never produced a TVP chassis. We do have exlusives on certain TVP chassis but they are manufactured by the designers, not by us, we just sell their products like we do anyone elses. A perfect example is the Blackjack.

If you are going to make claims like you did, you should be sure that they are accurate.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Hey Shaun,

RCP has never produced a TVP chassis. We do have exlusives on certain TVP chassis but they are manufactured by the designers, not by us, we just sell their products like we do anyone elses. A perfect example is the Blackjack.

If you are going to make claims like you did, you should be sure that they are accurate.

Just go work on getting my order shipped

Last edited by Shaun; 09-25-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #38
RCC Addict

hmmmm.... any updates on my stuff JJ?

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #39
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post

p!nK
Seems like he has time for new products though.............

Da Wicked Bull - Build
Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post

p!nK
I am sure a newest apology thread will be started in 6-8 weeks. Don't worry, an excuse will be delivered.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote