Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Double J

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Double J

I’m at work and can’t really be on here but wanted to pop in to leave a little info. So I prepared this:

First I’m not sure where to start. But to just simply apologize to the people that I owe projects to. You have to understand that this was in no way my intention to have things drag out in this way. Ultimately I am to blame. I’ve had personal issues that have detoured me from accomplishing my end of the deal. But you have to understand that my family will always come before anyone/anything. Even if it meant loosing my “blue star” that meant a lot to me.
For those that think I’m in it just for the money is truly mistaken, as most vendors would agree we really don’t make a whole lot off these things. I simply want to get my ideas out there and ultimately need to sell items to do so, since I’m not a rich man by any means. If I could afford to give them away I would and have done so, when I could.

I think you all know my intentions were good and I’VE NEVER SCREWED ANYONE OVER on purpose. I WILL always hold up my end of the deal and more so if I’m able. I have projects that are 80-90% finished and some that are 100% done. Unfortunately they are in our new home as we had to down size. We’ve just finished moving in and everything is still in boxes. I’m hoping I’ll get the garage completed this weekend to finish things up and attempt to get them all sent out by the 10th.

We are still living in WA, because moving somewhere w/out a job was just too stressful, especially having kids and one needing constant medical attention. So in the end it was a better idea to stay where we already had a decent job and insurance.

My computer at home is also still not set up, but once I get that done (next couple days) I’ll check my emails and get back to anyone that has tried to contact me.

If anyone is interested to know more about what’s been going on or how my daughter is doing can email me jason@1doublej.com.

Thanks

Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
Donkey Punch Champion!

...I knew something smelled. Can you smell that? It stinks in here AGAIN. Can't you just go away?
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallless View Post
...I knew something smelled. Can you smell that? It stinks in here AGAIN. Can't you just go away?
Yes I'm sure we would all rather he just disappeared and never gave anybody what they have been waiting for or completed any unfinished deals.
Yeh it sucks that people have had to wait so long to get their stuff back but at least he's getting there.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think your being a little rough , If he is dealing with the problems that he says , we should all just see where it goes.I do understand that MANY have been waiting a very long time also . If he owes money then yes he needs to pay back PERIOD . But we all know that shit happens and some people cant pull themselves out of it as quick as the rest of us.

I wish you luck JJ . I never dealt with you but hope all is well in the cottage.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I would just like too say we are in some tough times right now and I hate to see people getting kicked while they are down. Double J I commend you for owning up to your current short commings. You have always been a good guy by me. I wish you luck in getting yourself out of your current situation.

I understand where those are coming from who have not gotten what they paid for and I would be upset also, but try and look at the situation and the fact the Double J had good dealings in the past and sounds like he has the intentions to make good here.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I often feel the same about you

Good luck on getting everything worked out, Jason. I hope your daughter gets better soon.

-Shaun
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Just an idea....

Rather than talking about how you shouldn't be getting on RCC while at work and tell everyone about your issues, email those that you owe. All you are doing is creating more drama and we know how this place lives off of drama.

I have a feeling that you may not know everyone(or remember) that you own and hope that threads like this brings those out of the wood work wanting their stuff.

Email those that you owe, keep it privite since we as a whole don't need to know.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Just an idea....

Rather than talking about how you shouldn't be getting on RCC while at work and tell everyone about your issues, email those that you owe. All you are doing is creating more drama and we know how this place lives off of drama.

I have a feeling that you may not know everyone(or remember) that you own and hope that threads like this brings those out of the wood work wanting their stuff.

Email those that you owe, keep it privite since we as a whole don't need to know.

Wow? Maybe he wanted to let the rest of the community know that he didnt rip these people? Maybe he just wanted to let people know that he still is here, and didnt take there money and run? Dont try to start shit about him.
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
Donkey Punch Champion!

Before I rant on about how much Double J should or shouldn't do let me clear the air here...

I HAVE a Double J tuber. PAID OVER $600!!! (never once have I told that to ANYONE) I ordered a tuber around a HPI Rubicon body. I was told I was getting TLT axles, Rubicon Tube frame, assembled with links, tranny, basically a roller minus wheels and electronics. After countless PM's I got my tuber. It only took 10 months. I asked for Double J to not post anything until it was ready so I wouldn't have to be ripped on by those who knew it took so long. Here is the link to the thread

BIG BALLERS Scale Jeep Tuber. MORE PICS THAN YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE

As you can see it "looks" nice. Upon further inspection the geometry is way off. This truck wasn't ever finished by him when he shipped it. The shock mounts he brazed into the front aren't used, he 4/40 (who uses that shit?) tapped the TUBE, he didn't even use the front mounts HE built! He made servo mounts and rough cut them, still have the "master" marked on them for his template remarks. The front servo mount on the chassis is wrong. When you install a servo it HITS, and will NOT work and function the way it was designed. The axles were built with RANDOM hardware. If he found a screw that worked he used it, didn't matter it was too long. Blah, blah, blah I could go on but why? To prove to you ALL why Double J isn't worth the tube he scraps while "building". I am SO sick and tired of seeing him here making excuses on this and that. Flat out...I'm calling you out Jason. DO NOT build anything else for anyone. DO NOT take or make ANY orders. Give the people you OWE something. Not more sympathy excuses on why this or that. PAY UP!

Here's some good reading. This was posted in November of 2007! Almost a year ago. The excuses are the same...LAME!
Shipping delays. I need your help.

And more recently.
Double J INFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupers View Post
Yeh it sucks that people have had to wait so long to get their stuff back but at least he's getting there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
I think your being a little rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Wow? Maybe he wanted to let the rest of the community know that he didnt rip these people? Maybe he just wanted to let people know that he still is here, and didnt take there money and run? Dont try to start shit about him.
For those who have NOT dealt with him. DON'T post your stupid thoughts about how any of us SUCKERS should "give him a break, give him a chance". Double J, you sir are an Asshole and should be ashamed that people (foolish sheep) STILL bother to read what you spew from your pie hole.

So, why am I so upset? I got my Tuber right? Well I am not a kid crying about my $5. I am a guy who works hard for my money. I make deals with people who I believe do the same for their money. After taking 10 months to get my Tuber, I was ripped off. The same as the guys who got nothing! I have a truck that will never see the light of day.

Hey Double J...THAT's why I haven't ever finished it.

Last edited by BigBaller; 09-23-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #10
RCC Addict

That's a nice looking truck you got there. It'd be a shame not to see it finished...
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
RCC Addict

An apology thread from Double J..........

R
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #12
MODERHATER™

e...
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I have bought and sold alot of peoples tuber work and not one was ever perfectly true.

BigBallless Not being able to see yours from Double J in person I can not say for sure but I would pay 600.00 for what you got by what the pictures show.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #14
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
That's a nice looking truck you got there. It'd be a shame not to see it finished...
Shame on you for saying that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
An apology thread from Double J..........
R
R, U writing in code?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
e...
And you got me also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
The quality of his work is out standing, some of the best I have seen. If you hate it so much, I'll buy it from you.
Pictures...please of those previous rigs you speak so highly of. Really I wanna see at least one CLEAR picture of this outstanding work he did for you. Also if you would like to put your money where your mouth is on the purchase PM me for my paypal, Shipping's on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
I have bought and sold alot of peoples tuber work and not one was ever perfectly true.
BigBallless Not being able to see yours from Double J in person I can not say for sure but I would pay 600.00 for what you got by what the pictures show.
If big talker doesn't buy it, I will send it to you for you to finish and sell on your site!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #15
Sinking with the ship

Is it hot in here?
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #16
20K Club

Quote:
I have dealt with Double J, I had 3 of his chassis, I recently sold one of them though, and I really regret it. The quality of his work is out standing, some of the best I have seen. If you hate it so much, I'll buy it from you.
I have had one of his chassis before. Can I ask you something, who's work have you seen if his is "some of the best I have seen"?

I know you have been around here long enough to be smarter than that. I did the CAD work on "Da Bull" an while the design is fine the finish of every last one I have seen is nothing special, more on the side of rough.

The parts are by no means prepped after water jet before powder coating.

I have also had tube work done by Double J. It was rediculous. It took 6 or more months and all I kept getting was excuses. When I did get the tube work it didn't even fit the frame it was going on. AND IT WAS HIS FRAME! Always excuses.

Screwing people on purpose or not you have screwed A LOT of people on this board.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

If big talker doesn't buy it, I will send it to you for you to finish and sell on your site!

Atleast that way it would get finished right

Send it to:

Rpp Hobby
130 Christy Lane
Ukiah, Ca. 95482
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #18
Donkey Punch Champion!

Take the warning kids. Double J is bad news. Oh, and that reminds me to check the "other guys" forum to make sure DaBullshitter isn't posting over there. Damn it, I hate a liar.:-(
Old 09-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #19
Donkey Punch Champion!

Come on Shaun, get those pics out. Here is your chance to make a statement about what you say is what you do. PICTURES>>>>>

Also don't ignore my response, put up your money sonny.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM   #20
20K Club

Quote:
I got a pretty good one, I guess then. I'd say the chassis I got from him is the same as most of the vendors out there, TCS, RCP, CKRC, and a few others.

I didn't know you were the one that did the cad work on it, its a very nice chassis design and you did a great job on it.
The "design" is NOT mine, and I claim NO credit for the "design". Not my style, I was simply the one connecting lines.

What chassis have you had that TCS has produced?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote