Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: @$$#0!e

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Did you guys listen to the audio?
Jensen is manipulating the media.
The developer sounds like a reasonable guy and is willing to compromise.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
What version did you listen to?
I'm listening right now and Edwards is an asshat
All he's doing is making excuses for being the douchebag that he is....
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

So what do you guys think, pineapple and green onions or sausage on his hundred pizzas?
Rudukai13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudukai13 View Post
So what do you guys think, pineapple and green onions or sausage on his hundred pizzas?
Anchovies and pineapple
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Anchovies and pineapple
Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Could you please explain how an active service member, who spends his days in the field would have time to "manipulate" the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudukai13 View Post
Naw, I think he wants his pizzas fully loaded! Every topping the pizza place can possibly fit on em.
newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
What? I thought we were listing our favorite pizza flavors...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #28
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Just to play devil's advocate, the developer/hay farmer does say that Jensen moved in 18 months PRIOR to being deployed, so he would have had plenty of time to do his landscaping, so he does have a reason to be upset but he went about it the wrong way for sure. The idea of a homeowner's association is a good one, but it breeds idiots who go on power trips. I have the same problem with my condo association.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

i hope he comes back from his deployment and punches that pole smoke'n son of a motherless goat right in his pole smoke'n hole ........

goddamn spineless liberals
pro beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post

Naw, I think he wants his pizzas fully loaded! Every topping the pizza place can possibly fit on em.

X2, hit the garbage cans even
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:35 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This isn't a homeowners association. The dikhed said:
"[Jensen] doesn't have the right to walk away from his obligation," said Edwards, who as the developer is the only member of the homeowners association. "I have most of the property still, so I am the homeowners association," he said.
Sounds like a fawking dictatorship to me
As soon as I go to the bathroom to drop an Edwards, I'm gonna call this prick (509-582-5679)

As far as Mr Slave goes, he doesn't have a clue...... again
it IS a homeowners association, just a new one. Whenever a new development is made and a homeowners association is created the developer is the sole member until the units are sufficiently sold so that there are owners who can be on the board. Its the way the HOA is structured in its infancy. This sounds like a brand new development that hasnt sold many units yet.
The HOA's are put in place to maintain the properies, and thus their values stay higher (supposedly) by the upkeep of the properties. For example, having a car up on blocks in the front yard will lower property values so HOA rules would prohibit that. The developer is trying to enforce the landscaping rule in particular probably to keep the curb appeal high and help him sell the remaining units. It also helps the homeowners in that their values are higher than without enforcement.
I live in a condo and HATE my HOA, but I understand legally what it does and why it exists.

Last edited by pantablo; 10-11-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: spelling
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
it IS a homeowners association, just a new one. Whenever a new development is made and a homeowners association is created the developer is the sole member until the units are sufficiently sold so that there are owners who can be on the board. Its the way the HOA is structured in its infancy. This sounds like a brand new development that hasnt sold many units yet.
The HOA's are put in place to maintain the properies, and thus their values stay higher (supposedly) by the upkeep of the properties. For example, having a car up on blocks in the front yard will lower property values so HOA rules would prohibit that. The developer is trying to enforce the landscaping rule in particular probably to keep the curb appeal high and help him sell the remaining units. It also helps the homeowners in that their values are higher than without enforcement.
I live in a condo and HATE my HOA, but I understand legally what it does and why it exists.
Gee, thanks for the HOA lesson
You obviously didn't comprehend my post, or didn't listen to that POS being "interviewed" or didn't read the newspaper article. If you did, you'd understand why I said what I said
Old 10-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

the fact is this guy sucks and now he has a lil power on the homeowners association thing and goes on an extreme power trip casue he can for the first time in his life. the guy is oversea's for god's sake, leave him be. do you think uncle sam is gonna release him from his duties oversea's to tend to his lawn? i think not. thank god i don't have to deal with any homeowners association, cause if i did i would probably have a different place or put a rusted out 1974 dodge dart in my driveway.
weez440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Hell, send the prick to Iraq. Course he would probably spend too much time bitching about how "their isn't enough green" in the desert. But that's what friendly fire is for right
Rudukai13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Lol at rudukai

He's a loser... like most people in the world...
coolkidjf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

the d bag developer could have planted the grass made the place look prettier and sold more units.....the fact he sold the units w o landscaping
shows he is a cheap ass.....The really sad thing is everybody loses...
Bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

It's pretty cool how his friends and neighbors are pitching in to help his situation.........but I think no matter what they do the Developer will still find plenty to bitch about !!!!!!!! Maybe the developer could pull a few strings and help the guy out instead of Bitching so much.....If he spent as much time and effort helping the guy who is making his country safe insteda of griping he could get the job done himself !!!!!!!
Crawlin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What version did you listen to?
I'm listening right now and Edwards is an asshat
All he's doing is making excuses for being the douchebag that he is....
But his excuses are valid.

1. The homeowner was not (and still isn't) in Iraq when this became an issue. He was sleeping at home while he got special training.

2. The developer is being played by the media as a bad guy, yet he is willing to compromise with the homeowner to reach an agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Could you please explain how an active service member, who spends his days in the field would have time to "manipulate" the media?
As previously shown, the homeowner had plenty of time to get his landscaping done, and tried (he hired a landscaper who walked off). The bad guy here is not the developer but the deadbeat landscaper.
Why should the developer be hung in the court of public opinion for a landscaper who ran with the money? The soldier signed a contract and needs to stick to it, UNLESS he is away from home serving his country.

The soldier is manipulating the media by only showing one side of the story, the media doesn't show the other side b/c it wouldn't be a newsworthy story. He wasn't in Iraq, he leaves in 2 weeks.

I agree that the landscaping can wait till a reasonable amount of time after the soldier gets back from Iraq. (he is currently on a vacation on the east coast with his wife and neworn baby)

http://www.kvewtv.com/news/?sect_ran...&story_id=9710
Old 10-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
But his excuses are valid.

1. The homeowner was not (and still isn't) in Iraq when this became an issue. He was sleeping at home while he got special training.

2. The developer is being played by the media as a bad guy, yet he is willing to compromise with the homeowner to reach an agreement.
1. The home has been unoccupied for the past 6 months....

2. You need to listen to the radio interview where they were having a mutual ass kissing session.....

Quote:
As previously shown, the homeowner had plenty of time to get his landscaping done, and tried (he hired a landscaper who walked off). The bad guy here is not the developer but the deadbeat landscaper.
Why should the developer be hung in the court of public opinion for a landscaper who ran with the money? The soldier signed a contract and needs to stick to it, UNLESS he is away from home serving his country.

The soldier is manipulating the media by only showing one side of the story, the media doesn't show the other side b/c it wouldn't be a newsworthy story. He wasn't in Iraq, he leaves in 2 weeks.

I agree that the landscaping can wait till a reasonable amount of time after the soldier gets back from Iraq. (he is currently on a vacation on the east coast with his wife and neworn baby)

http://www.kvewtv.com/news/?sect_ran...&story_id=9710
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/kennew...ry/345303.html

I think we can all agree the deadbeat landscaper is a scum...
Why would you say the media is manipulating the story? Every article I've read has both sides of the story, even the story you linked to has both sides.
The soldier is on active duty right now regardless of whether he's in country or not.
His wife had the baby back east and wants to stay with her family while he's gone.
The only real thing now is to point out all the good people of the Tri-Cities that pitched in to help out this family and to point out that Chick Edwards is still a dikhed

Last edited by montana.matt; 10-13-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
1. So, he should do his combat training all day, then come home and work on his landscaping? That's laughable that you would even make suggestion....

2. You need to listen to the radio interview where they were having a mutual ass kissing session.....

I think we can all agree the deadbeat landscaper is a scum...
Why would you say the media is manipulating the story? Every article I've read has both sides of the story, even the story you linked to has both sides.
The soldier is on active duty right now regardless of whether he's in country or not.
His wife had the baby back east and wants to stay with her family while he's gone.
The only real thing now is to point out all the good people of the Tri-Cities that pitched in to help out this family and to point out that Chick Edwards is still a dikhed
He doesn't need to do the landscaping but he needs to pay someone and make sure they do it. That is his responsibility.

So active duty servicemen don't need to take care of their responsibilities? They don't need to keep their sides of contracts?

The bottom line here is that the soldier signed a legal contract and when his personal life (not his job) got in the way he went crying to the media.

From my perspective the developer seems like he is willing to defer the agreements of the covenant for a soldier fighting overseas (which this soldier is not and was not)

I know I look like a bad guy here but I am just playing devils advocate. This story worked out good for everyone. The developer got his side of the contract filled and the soldier got his landscaping done for free.

Last edited by engineerjoe; 10-13-2008 at 11:39 AM.