Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 1:1 wheelin at shiloh ridge OHV park

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 1:1 wheelin at shiloh ridge OHV park

Well we didnt get out to shiloh until saturday evening and by the time we got camp set up it was dark. I took my 9yr old nephew with me since he has never been camping or to shiloh before. Saturday night we just did some riding around and didnt do anything major just a few trails and parked at the pits. On the way back to camp I had a small ratchet strap that was holding my cooler and toolbox that we had left unhooked got wrapped around the rear driveshaft and managed to rip out the brake line going to the rear brakes. So this morning I had to find someone with a pair of vice grips and was able to crimp the line shut and just left the vice grips on it. I still didnt have very good brakes but I was able to wheel. One of the first places we went was washout hill. It is REALLY dug out since the last time I was there. The first time I up I stuck close to the tree that is about to fall down and walked right up the 4 foot ledge no problem. I went back down and started to go up the right side that has the undercut and I got the front tires almost there and my spotter noticed the front right tire was not pulling. I started to back down and it started pulling again so I started to go back up and it quit pulling. We thought mayed the splines were slipping on the hub so I pulled it off and they look fine and also checked the u-joint and stub shaft all was good so we just went on to the next spot. We got over to the other rock pile that has the 2 huge rocks that always hang up everyones door jambs when they get up them. I went up to the right of those 2 big rocks just to see how everything was working and the left front tire started not pulling so now it is alternating from the left to right front tires not pulling. So it must be something in the chunk not working right. The spider gears were welded up to the carrier so I dont think that is broke but I guess it could be. I will find out soon enough though.
On to the pics!!! The actions shots were taken by my 9yr old nephew so they arent the best but I finally got some action pics of the truck.

I got hung up on this damn rock for a few minutes and it was a PITA to get off of since both of my front tires werent turning.

Poser pics just to show all the people that was hatin on my suspension!!!!! jamminzz I think it works pretty damn good!!

A little bit compressed??
robert97dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
06 Super National Champ

Is that the spare on the driver's rear?

That thing is a beast.

What's powering it?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Is that the spare on the driver's rear?

That thing is a beast.

What's powering it?
Yep that is my spare. That is the tires I was running until they feel apart when we went to the superlift park in hot springs arkansas. I bolted the michelins up to the wheels and the left rear was leaking REALLY fast so I just put the spare on. The bead is messed up on the other michelin I need to break it back down and RTV it.

Rig specs:

TBI 454- 400 trans- twin sticked 205
2.5 ton rockwells welded front and rear, 20X12 Custom Stazworks internal beadlocks, 49", PSC full hydro steering, 56" springs up front, and one link rear with jeep coil springs.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Not to be a stick in the mud but....

Does that thing have any kind of role over protection?
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
On the lookout for Rocks

little bit of protection over doors...nothing under roof though.

constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
Not to be a stick in the mud but....

Does that thing have any kind of role over protection?
No not yet. It will soon though. For the stuff we do at this park you dont need it. The stuff out there isnt that bad at all. It will get a exo cage and may cut the back half of the frame off and tube it out.